Home Technical Talk

Unfold 3d problem

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Turoid polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys,

I just modelled myself a human head and I want to unwrap it using unfold 3d. But it gives me this error message when loading the file:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Testing and preparing mesh ...
Invalid mesh.
One of the points is not connected to the remainder of mesh. Please try to find thoses points and remove them in your 3d software.

X,Y,Z : 0.000000 15.656313 5.631146 </pre><hr />

I never seen that before :s what could there be wrong?

Thanks!

Replies

• arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    you have an isolated vert. what 3d package are you using?
  • Turoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3d studio max 7, what is an isolated vert?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well some how you either created a vert unknowingly, or you deleted some edges or polies and a vert got left behind.. its an easy fix.. in max, if you are using editable poly on the vert level there should be remove isolated vertices button.. i dont know if this is in 7 though i am using 9.. another thing you can do is go into element mode select your mesh, then control click on verts.. this will select all verts on the mesh, if you have an isolated vert then it will not be of the same element, once you do that just hit delete and it should delete the isolated verts..
  • Turoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your quick reply, I fixed it but using another method. I selected all my faces and hided them using editable poly. And then switched to vertex mode and there was one vert left.. deleted that one and that did the job. smile.gif thanks a lot anyway!

EDIT: this is the model btw, still needs some fixes around his ears and top, but just wanted to see what happends when i put it in unfold.
    378ee4fc86.jpg
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    easy fix.. in max, if you are using editable poly on the vert level there should be remove isolated vertices button.. i dont know if this is in 7 though i am using 9.

[/ QUOTE ]