Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

More zombies...but in the Female Variety!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
Once again I present you with zombies for the HL2 Mod No More Room In Hell.

1 model for the human base(zombie versions each have their own model), 3 different skin variations.
Standard Diffuse,Normal and spec.

These were really quick rigs, so they might look just a tad wonky.

The Humans:
GirlsHumans.jpg
And the zombies:
GirlsZombies.jpg

As you know C&C is welcome

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The face looks much better in the zombie version, it seems to be really unnatural in the human version, but that dosent really matter for zombies i guess.
  • flow3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flow3d polycounter lvl 18
    Im loving the zombie versions!..They are very, zombie-ish laugh.gif
    I'd probably spam ESC if I saw the one to the right in a dark alley, loving the head on that one smile.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Somehow they don't really look like fully grown females, but more like 12 year olds, or at least their body does.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i think the cheekbones are too pronounced in the human versions. the one on the right looks a bit like Peter Cushing.
  • raphick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the zombish version,
    as Asherr said, the cheeks are too visible and the mouth is strange but anyway, nice job.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I was going for a petite girl. Perhaps her head is too big. As that might be what's giver her a 12 year old appearence. Although I look at the wires and they seem pretty normal to me. Have a look:
    Girlwires.jpg

You know the faces bother me too a bit. I wasn't sure if my mind was playing tricks on me. I guess I can tone down the cheek bones on the one girl. I think might need to work around with the specular map too, because that might be contributing to a faker looking. Right now it sorta looks like they're skin is made of plastic.

I wasn't sure of it last night, as I had been working on them for a bit, and you know how it is, you start to second guess yourself about certain things. And I can't really ask the mod team how they look because they'll just say "it looks great!"
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    hey neo, I think your lighting setup is making these uglier than they need to be. I just saw someone else sabotaging their screenshots in the same way. try a setup like this -
    pc_lights_01.jpg

see like I WOULD say that the colors seem dull and flat, but it really could be just the lighting setup that's doing that. maybe?

as far as the 12-year-old appearance, I think that the overstraightened legs and oversized kneecaps might be creating that impression... making her exposed legs look a bit more like a kid's, and less like a curvey developed woman's.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the tips about the knee caps and what not. That did make quite a change actually.

Actually that is just a view port shot with the standard view port lighting. Any chance I can get a translation of that lighting set up in Max? I tried doing something like that in Max, and the main spot washed out the texture a great deal, the ambient didn't seem like it did anything. The back light did it's job though. Ideally I'd rather seem them rendered out in hl2. As that would be the best representation of them.
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    AKA "the UE3 setup."

Blue rim lights ftw.

//edit: in reply to noritsume's advice.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
  • ViPr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ViPr polycounter lvl 17
    the zombified versions look prettier than the non-zombified versions
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Those women have some monsterous necks. Tone down the definition (a lot), thin them out, and straighten them a bit. A petite girl isn't going to have such a butch neck. You might find after doing that that they could be shortened a little too. Also, the transition at the bottom of the neck is really sharp and unnatural.