Home General Discussion

revitalizing old games

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
Are you guys playing any older games or ones that you never finished in your collection?

I started playing Beyond Good and Evil, Kingdom Hearts (never got past the tarzan stage) and XIII

Replies

• bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    I just started playing Zelda: The Windwaker for the first time over the weekend. Somehow, I just never got around to it before.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, i never finished that one either ^^
  • Penzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    Halfway through Minnish Cap, but I don't know where I'll find the time to finish it :P
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    #1 reason why I'll be buying a Wii.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    been playing quake 2 demo since i dont have the full frown.gif trying to get the expansions etc too...

My laptop is basically a old game station , since it is crap ahah...REd alert 2, starcraft , diablo 2 , mario games, worms armagedon , fallout...
    I am also playing ocarina of time and perfect dark on my n64 =)
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm... dunno that I'd consider them too old, but I beat psychonauts recently, been playing Alice, Max Payne, and Deus Ex.

If I get a hold of a console soon there'll be many more to add tot hat.
  • Bort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bort polycounter lvl 18
    Once I finish Okami tonight or tomorrow I'll be blasting through the rest of the crapfest that is jak II: Renegade. Then it'll be the rest of Voodoo Vince that I haven't touched in ages. Then i'll be cracking open my minty mint jap copy of Chameleon Twist.

And I'm sure Family Guy will nudge itself in there at some point. Hundreds of games I'm part way through or haven't started yet, and another 10 already bought this week. Woohoo. The cycle continues.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Beaten them a thousand times, but decided to pick back up Megaman X, X2, and X3.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    I've yet to finish Grandia and Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn. But Damn if I haven't been meaning to for the last few months - I'm just too lazy to dig them out of storage. frown.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Not much lately though I think I should continue with Killer7 and Disgaea.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Freespace and Halo 2.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I've just finished Sanitarium. It's a great game. I also play Metal Slug(only one prisoner left frown.gif ) with my gba if that counts.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    Do you mean "revisiting"?

I went through Dash de Leilei and I also stumbled upon this piece of crap i have not played in years
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Lots of emulated classics on my GP2X handheld, but on my new mainsystem I can finally play modern games again, so I do that wink.gif
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Lots of emulated classics on my GP2X handheld, but on my new mainsystem I can finally play modern games again, so I do that wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it worth getting a GP2X now for the emulation? I want to get around to playing Chrono Trigger since all my friends say it's the best RPG ever made.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Currently going through KOTOR, then I plan to play KOTOR 2 since I like the first one so much. I've played so many old games already, that there really isn't much left for me to revisit. I have System Shock 2 laying around, but I have never once played it, so that will probably be my next one to play through. I was also thinking about playing the Zelda games for Gameboy Color too.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

Is it worth getting a GP2X now for the emulation? I want to get around to playing Chrono Trigger since all my friends say it's the best RPG ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for amost everything except SNES emulation the GP2x is a sure thing, but Snes is still somewhat of a mixed topic. It is currently under heavy and quick development, so I guess there might be a really good version soon, but right now it has problems with transparencies.
    Many games like Supermarioworld for example run perfectly with sound at 60fps (50fps PAL), but games with heavy use of transparencys (Like Chronotrigger I guess... I have to try it) have graphical errors and sometimes slowdowns, just as games with special chips arn't emulated yet (like starfox).
    But there is so much more than just Snes emulation smile.gif Exspecially the perfect Genisis and NeoGeo emulation on the GP2x is nothing short of spectacular.

Edit: I just tried the first few minutes of ChronoTrigger, and it seems to run perfectly contrary to what I wrote earlier...but games like Secret of Mana for example have problems with transparenscies not displayed correctly.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Just recently beat Super Mario Sunshine, thps4, mgs3, and about half of Wind Waker. Also most of the way through RE4 again.

Nothing really old lately, though.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Original Thief. smile.gif
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    i played through riddick--a decent game--better than the stupid movie..something about playing as an overpowered-super-dangerous-cannot-be-killed-no-matter-what convict is more fun than watching one on screen.

Also played through the kong game--not bad stuff. niether of those are TOOOooo old, but they are hitting the 10 dollar bins now.
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Played out Max Payne and Halo this week, and Max Payne 2 the week before that. <3 Max Payne series, they never get old.

As for games I never finished, I usually don't finish 'm if they're not at all interesting, like Doom3. I did want to have another go at Dune2000, which I never beat because I sucked back when I got it, but it doesn't play on the new comp.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    My attention span? I finish very few games.I got 3/4s throguh Dead Rising and binned it cos it was naff. I get to disc 2 on Resi 4 ont he cube, bin it. I got to the final main boss in Shadow OTC and decided the game was boring (I just asked someone at work what happened next).

Psychonauts? Great game. Got to the conspiracy theory guard head and got bored. I really must go back to that one. And I want to finish Manhunt. It's flawed, but its a very good game at its core.

I loved Vagrant Story. I was qute far through and bought a PS2. VS crashed every time at a certain sage on the PS2. I wish I had completed that.

Oh, and I *NEED* to say - Warriors was one of the most overlooked titles of recent times. Don't miss it.
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Just bought and finished Mercenaries on ps2, really awesome game, can't believe I missed the first time around but I picked it up as greatest hits. Also picked up Hulk Ultimate Destruction as I've heard that is really good and Evil Dead Regeneration it was 19 bucks.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    just re-playing Chrono Trigger on the SNES in Japanese, bloody save games are broken because the battery on the cart has run out, meaning I haven't turned of my snes in weeks.

Also starting to get into "Room Mania #203" on the dreamcast.

As they say, best way to emulate a dreamcast is to buy one wink.gif
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    I just played through Beyond Good & Evil (awesome btw) and I am thinking of buying a PSP just to run SCUMMVM on it.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I am thinking of buying a PSP just to run SCUMMVM on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

SCUMMVM runs much better on the GP2X tongue.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It'll run quite nicely on your PC too.

I think I might actually try out Rome. I bought it shortly after release and then for one reason or another, never actually played it.