Home General Discussion

article: father kills daughter over video game

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
the philadelphia inquirer reports, a 17-month old toddler was punched and thrown across the room for pulling on the cords of her father tyrone spellman's xbox, causing it to fall.. in his idiotic rage he killed his damn daughter.. over that. someone call jack thompson to defend this poor man.

what the fuck tyrone!? you are a DUMB MOTHER FUCKER, YOU PIECE OF SHIT! people shouldn't punch babies to death, wtf.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/15512907.htm

Replies

• Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    I couldn't bring myself to read this - being a loving father myself, the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.. The guy obviously should never have been allowed to raise a family.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    dude where does it say xbox?

yeah some people shouldn't have kids. Poor little girl, I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    dude where does it say xbox?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm. good question! i originally discovered the article via 1up. they mentioned it there.. hrmm
    http://my.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153646&did=11
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    what a fucking dick .. I hope where he lives there's still the death penalty and I hope he gets it..
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I hope where he lives there's still the death penalty and I hope he gets it..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lifetime of being sodomized and beaten by other inmates might be a more appropriate punishment. Child murderers and rapists usually don't fair too well in prison; the other inmates don't take kindly to them. Eventually, he'd likely meet his demise at the end of a sharpened toothbrush or melted-down styrofoam cup.

If you sentence him to death, then he'll be on "death row," which means he'll be separated from the rest of the prison population (which means less likelihood that he'd be continually ass raped / beaten / stabbed).
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    [ QUOTE ]
    people shouldn't punch babies to death, wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

the dawning of a catchphrase for the new generation
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I hope where he lives there's still the death penalty and I hope he gets it..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lifetime of being sodomized and beaten by other inmates might be a more appropriate punishment. Child murderers and rapists usually don't fair too well in prison; the other inmates don't take kindly to them. Eventually, he'd likely meet his demise at the end of a sharpened toothbrush or melted-down styrofoam cup.

If you sentence him to death, then he'll be on "death row," which means he'll be separated from the rest of the prison population (which means less likelihood that he'd be continually ass raped / beaten / stabbed).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but theres always the chance that he might get out.. on death row, his fate is sealed.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    whenever i hear news of this i think "theres a lot of sick people in this world"..im shocked...and disgusted...
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    children should not have children
  • killingpeople
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    that makes me want to puke! i cannot imagine how any person could even begin to THINK about harming their child.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    thats just..... wrong....

i dont think the death sentence is a good form of punishment (even after read Capotes "In cold blodd") a lifetime of realising that he killed his own daughter is a pretty horrible thing to look forward to.

but on a side note i think we should ban those computer games, it was obviously their fault.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    What a fucking screwed up idiot! I can't tell you how pissed I am to hear/read something like this. What a stupid fucking reason to end a childs life. I might understand being mad, but not enough to hit a kid that age, especially twice and with enough force to kill her. I want the man to get the death penalty... but by bleeding to death from having his ball ripped off.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just read the article again and I know death penalty is not a good form of punish ment .. and its not simply a case of an eye for an eye.. this is worse, you rob a child of its entire life. if he lost his life in the gas chamber he would still owe .. its fucked up.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    exactly, make him live a worthless guilt ridden life.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm can he be poked with hot irons twice a week ?
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    we'll if thats another name for what happens in the shower, im sure
  • Squirmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squirmy polycounter lvl 17
    Thats a dam shame.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no I mean red hot irons that they use to brand cows but bieng poked in the shower should be added to it
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I hope they give him the death penalty by punching him repeatedly in the face and throwing him across a room. The sick bastard deserves the worst death possible.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, his life and his familys life as they knew it .. is over.

I hope the wife and baby to be, find a new life and move on. And that god sorts this guy into the proper dimension he belongs.

Terrible story. Its just so... simple and disturbing too.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, this is very awful. I can't imagine what sort of anger management problems this guy had. Most likely this will lead people to believe that video games were the cause of this man's completely outrageous response to such a trivial thing. But if he was like that, he probably would have done almost the same thing had she spilled his drink or was making noise while he was trying to sleep. Something like that.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    It says he was never violent before but I find that VERY VERY hard to believe this guy is obviously psychopathic and if you can hit a baby like that you have deffinatly killed before . I feel for that woman frown.gif
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I'm still in favour of "democratic punishment". Put him in chains at a public place and hang a piece of paper listing his crime(s) around his neck. Have a guard that only makes sure he doesn't escape, nothing else.
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    I think this guy is a complete cockbag for what he did. I don't see how torturing him will be of any benefit though. The girl is dead, that's it. The think the fact that this guy's true character has remained hidden for so long is a bit scary. Tragic situation really frown.gif
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Sadly this kind of domestic violence is very common. I doubt he meant to kill his daughter, just lashed out the same way he was taught. Castration and a lifetime of guilt would be sufficient IMO.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't see how torturing him will be of any benefit though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would enjoy watching this guy get tortured, and maybe it would make the next person think twice before punching his baby to death.

I think we should have the same type of punishment for everything. Caning. In this case maybe 10,000 whacks would be enough... of course he would die from his wounds long before he recieved his full punishment.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

it would make the next person think twice before punching his baby to death.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wouldn't. Protecting that child from an abusive and violent father would have prevented this, not killing more people"
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like how you removed the qualifier out of my statement.

Couldn't you protect a child from it's abusive father by killing the father? I don't understand your logic. Obviously protecting children and killing adults are not mutually exclusive.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    That wouldn't be protection then. Protection implies that their is a threat that the child needs protection from. If you remove that threat, its no longer protection.

Sides, after the fact is of little value.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm using the word correctly.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sadly this kind of domestic violence is very common. I doubt he meant to kill his daughter, just lashed out the same way he was taught. Castration and a lifetime of guilt would be sufficient IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder why criminals of very serious crimes like this are not castrated? With rock solid evidence and or confession, castration would be a perfect deterrent!
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

I wonder why criminals of very serious crimes like this are not castrated? With rock solid evidence and or confession, castration would be a perfect deterrent!

[/ QUOTE ]

(singsong) Every sperm is sacred. Every sperm is great. If a sperm is wasted - God gets quite irate...
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i blame the games console. Lets face it, thats the reason people are worked up over this rather than every other case of child abuse that results in a death, of which there are many
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, let's blame the console prices... if they were only $20, he may not have gotten so mad. Good thing it wasn't a PS3 :P
  • Dennispls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dennispls polycounter lvl 16
    Good lord this is disgusting
    I can imagine how you can get annoyed over a game but outrages like this?
    Fortunately these kind of problems lie within the persons themselfs not the videogames.
    I feel so sorry for the mother.
    I wouldn't know what to do if my kid died (not that i have kids but i can surely assume what it could be like)
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Don't worry, those few of you wondering in horror what your fellow Polycounters are really like, some people can only express disgust over a terrible thing by saying something terribly disgusting. They don't really mean it. I'm sure nobody would enjoy watching the guy being tortured. I'm positive that nobody will call for execution by being punched repeatedly in the face and then thrown across a room. And I'm 100% certain no one wants him to bleed to death after his balls have been ripped off. Only truly sick fucks would want those sorts of things, and none of us are.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Malekyth, I don't take pleasure in watching a person get tortured. I do think the punishment should fit the crime, and that surely people would think twice about killing someone so brutally if they knew there was a high chance they would be put to death the same way.

(oh god I hope this doesn't turn into another debate topic...)
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    ebagg, the idea that he could be dissuaded through harsh punishment implies him rationally weighing up his actions against the consequences. If he did that in the slightest, he wouldn't be where he is now, and the kid would be alive
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    That may be the case, there are also many people who commit crimes knowing perfectly well the consequences of their actions and do the heinous act anyways, hoping they can get away with it. If the consequences were harsher there is a possibly higher likelihood they person may stop him or herself.

Before this piles into a debate about the justice system or capitol punishment in relation to this topic, if you want to debate it out with me, message me on instant messenger or some other private means. To stay on topic, my condolences to the mother and my heart goes out to the toddler.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    The topic is, precisely, "RAAAAWWWRR! THAT BASTARD! OH MY FUCKING GOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!" When did condolences come into it ..?
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    the show that moz linked to puts it very well- the people who do weigh up killing and plan it, believe they wont get caught. the people who are compelled by some urge to commit murder know the consequences and do so anyway, and the people who do it out of rage or emotion, are not in a state to weigh up the options
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't regard humans who "impulse murder" as people so I really don't see any problem with stomping them out, like you would with any pest that could cause people harm.

I actually like Hawkin's idea. Castration could be an effective treatment of these violent impulses (by reducing testostorone) and would also eliminate the chance of passing down any possible genetic component of the behavior.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Shit man, I get mad at video games but I don't go off killing babies cause of 'em. See, Jack Thompson is going to be on this one....
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    That's why I didn't want to debate...I wasn't thinking harsher consequences would prevent impulse murders such as this one, however, it might possibly (emphasis on POSSIBLY) prevent those who plan to murder someone.

I agree with Ninjas, if you're an adult and you beat a child to death, you lose your rights and status as a human being. In that regard I think he deserves a painful death, or life of misery, I've heard the types who rape or murder children are hated in prison, so sentencing him to prison for life will likely be sentencing him to getting beaten repeatedly and/or shanked. I believe that is the fate he sealed for himself and he deserves it.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    yeh i hear that in the hierarchy of criminals rapists and child abusers are on the very bottom ... hrm i guess even criminals have limits
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wtf good is a forum without debate? May as well be a bulletin board. Someone posts then everybody nods? That's just Sunday school. It's the Internet - it's not like we're over at each other's houses spreading marmite on each other's toast!
  • [MILES]
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh my god. what have video games done!?