Home General Discussion

Check this out

polycounter lvl 17

Replies

• killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Xaltar's post above is the assassin's creed's first live gameplay demo.

just in case someone tries a forum search. which sucks btw. *pokes an admin* i hate that i have to wait a bagizillion minutes to make a second search attempt when i don't find what i'm looking for.

Xaltar, i can't make you type useful post titles, but i'd like to think you were unaware that it's annoying to see a thread with an obscure title like, "Check this out"; reason being, i already had. so just wanted to let you know that - and assassin's creed rules.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    The game looks like the greatest fucking thing ever, no?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    That's freakin HOT.
    Oooh, I'm all warm and fuzzy laugh.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    That's freakin HOT.
    Oooh, I'm all warm and fuzzy laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you're drunk again...
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Anybody remember the release date? It does have one set, right?
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    The animation is flawless - the last I heard was that there were around 3000 animations, up from around 500 in the POP games.

Top job.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    That's looking nice. Hitman during the crusades, eh?

Of course for historical accuracy they'd have to require the player to let himself be killed by the guards and go to heaven with his 72 virgins or how many they were promised. That's how the Hashashim did it.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Pish, historical accuracy?
    POPPYCOCK!
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Can't wait for this one, the animations are top notch. I loved the way he shoved people out of his way when walking through the crowd. And the "don't mind me, I'm a haaaaarmless wittle monk' routine" was class.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    That's awesome, this could be the killer title the 360 has needed.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This does look promising! I love the idea of social stealth!
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    It looks like a cool game but the social stealth part is kinda wonky.
    I mean you are like 200 meters away from you target jumping down some roofs and shit, then run up to a group of monks and thats that, now the guards think you are a monk??
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    there is a sect of israeli parkour monks
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    It looks like a cool game but the social stealth part is kinda wonky.
    I mean you are like 200 meters away from you target jumping down some roofs and shit, then run up to a group of monks and thats that, now the guards think you are a monk??

[/ QUOTE ]

haha! I was thinking the same thing, but stealth is always wonky in games, you can kill a dozen guards in most stealth games, be discovered with the bodies, and all you have to do is hide for a minute or two and everyone goes back to their daily routine...

The mission was damn sweet, I just hope the game has in-mission saves for the longer missions.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    looks great ...

i cannot even begin to comprehend bug fixing on an environment like that, when you can climb *anywhere ... "bug 1300452, proceed to eleveneth brick along from top left of cornice ...". Mental. But loveley
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    apparently its all automatic, so they just build ledges and anything over 2 inches, the game does the rest.. sounds incredible, looks incredible
  • Motz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Motz polycounter lvl 12
    Cause the only guy dressed in all white jumping on walls and swinging down over house ledgs would'nt be suspicious at all. No citizen would care and no gaurds would be called. In fact, even when pushed to the ground no citizen gives a crap. For some reason i'm not sensing whatever stealth or assasin like gameplay they are trying to instill here.

The tech is impressive but...Next...
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    there is a sect of israeli parkour monks

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yea i thought that aswell tongue.gif

i think it looks awesome. I dont care much for authentic history and realistic stealth aslong as it plays fun. And thats what i think this game loks like, a lot of fun!
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    (Will the gameplay become predictable? Will there be monks in every city that allow you to blend in and escape detection the same way every time? Will the gates to the city always be closed seconds before you make your escape? Are the people of the city really THAT clueless before you make the kill? Surely they weren't worried about the political correctness of profiling back then. laugh.gif Hopefully the answer to all of these questions is "no").

I regret buying an Xbox for a hyped "Fable". I think I'll just wait for this one to come to PC. Looks awesome though! I'd like to play it at least for the great animations and environment. But I won't buy a 360 just for this game.
  • Kevin Albers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Albers polycounter lvl 18
    Killer. I'll definately be getting this. Quite a nice a little benchmark of the sorts of things that can be done with current hardware.