Home General Discussion

RIP Steve Irwin - Croc Hunter

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A lot of austrailians i know dispise the guy because of the general misconception people get that all people are like that guy in thier country.... He's basicly thier johnny knoxville. Would you really expect to see a thread here about johnny knoxville dieing from doing some stupid stunt and people not make fun of him? The comparison may be a slight bit of a stretch but honestly i think its fair considering the opinion many austrailings actually have of the guy.
  • Smirnoffka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Smirnoffka polycounter lvl 17
    Hehe, while many of us here, and many I know did not like him at all, all understand the size and acheivment of the things he has done. For the country, he just did a shitload. So, weather you liked him or not, you are sorry he is gone.

EDIT: Who the fuck is Johnny Knoxville?
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Who the fuck is Johnny Knoxville?

[/ QUOTE ]

star of MTV's Jackass show. he staples himself, lets himself get tazed, and other silly crap. basically he hurts himself so people can laugh.

put his name into YouTube.com and im sure you will figure it out. tongue.gif
  • Mark Dygert
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Speaking of Johnny Knoxville, I wouldn't mind seeing Steve-O get killed by some jackass stunt. Or at least his scrotum torn off.

Back on subject of Croc Hunter Steve, how could you not have a light-hearted chuckle hearing about how he died? Amazing conservationalist or not, he was notorious for screwing with creatures that shouldn't be screwed with. I'd like to think he's having a good laugh up there somewhere in the great beyond, saying to himself "crikey, I should've seen that one comin!"
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah i was going to say steve-o, but even i am not ignorant enough to compare steve-o to steve irwin =D
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    It's amazing Steve-O is still alive, playing with lions
  • Major Clod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Major Clod polycounter lvl 18
    While a lot of people don't care for Steve's shows or his general character, you can't deny he's done a lot of good things in his time. You may think he goes around poking and prodding animals to piss them off, however he treats them with a large amount of respect and knows when to back off. If that wasn't the case, he would have been dead long before now. Steve's approach to wildlife drew people in, targeted a completely different audience to the likes of David Attenborough. Definately a way to get kids interested in Wildlife. His death was a freak accident, and he will be missed by many. I can only wish the best for his family, and hope they manage to continue on with his work.

My one main regret is not getting up to Australia Zoo to catch him do one of his shows, its only an hour or two drive away. frown.gif