5 games industry job interview tips

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
When will this tirade of content stop?

5 games interview tips - not all only concern the games industry

Page here : http://www.rsart.co.uk/

C&P here:

* Be on time for the interview - actually be a little early. This is pretty obvious, but there is a reason - you will more often than not be asked to take a seat in a area where you can observe the environment for a few minutes.
* Wear something suitable - try to find out what sort of clothing most people that work in that company wear, and then wear something similar but smart. This will say “I’d fit in with you people, but I’ve made an effort’
* Research the company and their games - how long have they been around, how many games have they made, how well did the last game sell and how were the reviews for it. Look for interviews and features on them on the internet. Be able to show that you have some knowledge.
* Play their last game! Be able to say what you did and didn’t like about it, and don’t be afraid to be critical of some areas to show that you have your own opinions. You will often be asked questions about the last game, and trust me, if you try to bullshit this you will look stupid.
* Ask questions. Be prepared with a list, and ask relevant ones. Don not be afraid to ask what the benefits are - what the pension scheme is like, are there bonuses, does the company provide private healthcare, are their training courses.

Replies