Angry Nintendo Nerd

Moz
Moz
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Moz polycounter lvl 18
http://www.screwattack.com/AngryNerdMain.html

"What... you can walk over it? You are scum"

Anyone remember the countless shitty NES games? This guy does... and he reviews them.

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    that guy sucks at ninja turtles. i was barely touched during the dam level.

and yes, you can just walk across it. I assumed anyone who isn't inbred would figure that out within, at least, the first three tries. moron.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    where did you study to get your degree in being a fucking dick. get out of my thread if you don't have anything to add.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    OOoooooooo...k.

I did add something. Watching this guy drink and curse is about as bad as playing the games. Some of them were created by guys playing around in their basement for a few months. It's strange that Nintendo approved them. But hey, gotta love the 80's. They dominated, so I'm sure there was no loss.

And no degree. I'm self-taught.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I'm gonna have to agree with Elysium here... watching this guy is sad. He has the vocabulary of a 6th grader and horrible hand-eye coordination. And why is he always chugging a Rolling Rock mid sentence? Is that supposed to make him look cool?

I seriously hope this was ment as a joke, at least then it's a little less sad than if he's actually trying to be serious.
  • Spacey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacey polycounter lvl 18
    Ugh, lots of older games are garbage. So many were cruel and unfair. It seemed the designers relied on two strategies: crowding/juggling and enemies knocking you down holes. These two things are pretty much the only reason games like Ninja Gaiden are so damn hard. That game angers me..."Oh what? You didn't quite clear the gap and now you're clinging to the wall? That'll cost you a life." I mean, common! He's a freaking ninja! You're telling me he can't pull his fat ass up over the ledge?! Couple others off the top of my head are Castlevania (constantly getting knocked down holes) and Final Fight (some of those bosses were big meanies).

And the vulgur language was an added plus for me, mirroring my experiences playing these old games again.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I hope he gets Zelda II.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    but he is right. I remember playing that turtles game on my nes back in the day and I really did wonder why it was so shit.

Actually as someone who doesn't come into contact with very many english speaking humans, I found his language entertaining.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, I found it rather amusing. laugh.gif

Hawken, just what kind of english speaking beings do you come in contact with?
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    actually that was pretty funny. the first turtles game is shit and pretty crappy. its like they had another game made then at the end they got the turtles licence and changed some of teh sprites.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    sorry, gonna have to thumbs down on the angry nerd. he's a nerd alright, but he's not particularly angry, mostly just annoyed; he has a horribly slow and uninflected speaking voice, and he's also what Freud would consider anally fixated. i like how he had to save it all up for the painfully rehearsed "rant" at the end.
    he's got a few entertaining curses, but he parses them out like it takes a full 30 seconds to come up with each one. the reviews are full of dead air (music maybe?), and i could do without the affected disaffection of him taking a hard man's swig off of that Rolling Rock. You got an endorsement deal?

i'm not saying i could do it any better, but these videos are pretty much baseline Youtube mediocrity. as we know from comic greats, not just anybody can rant and make it entertaining. watching these videos you get frustrated at the game, sure, but he doesn't particularly add anything to the equation besides a slow dose of nerd-whine. he just doesn't have much charisma, or speaking ability, or anything to play off, like another person. hell, just have your mom edge into the frame once in a while. i know she's somewhere in the house. oh wait, no she isn't; otherwise that refridgerator wouldn't be so embarassingly empty.

that's one of the saddest things about all these videos that people have recorded by themselves over the years, predominantly on webcams: they show a solitary person, sitting at a computer, talking to us, who are usually solitary, sitting at a computer. in this case, he's set his sights on some real hard targets: 20 year old shite games everyone knows to be fairly shite. it's been done, and it's been done better.

the lesson of the internet is that even though we can all record our own thoughts and opinions in our blogs and post our own lonely, stilted NES game reviews on Youtube, it still takes effort to make it good. Entertainment might take up way too much of our time already, but the least we can do is demand some fucking quality, some passion!

how's THAT for nerdrage?! laugh.gif geez, is there anything more impotent than expressing an opinion in an internet forum?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    geez, is there anything more impotent than expressing an opinion in an internet forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just arguing flat out on an internet forum? laugh.gif
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, i have to agree with gauss..

swearing is his 'thing' i suppose but yeah, very stilted usage. like he never swears except for these videos.

i think id rather hear that low energy noise from the turtles game for the next 5hrs than listen to the rest of those videos.

what a waste of bandwidth
  • wille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wille polycounter lvl 17
    I just get the feeling that he has watched too many Kevin Smith movies...
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    personnaly i found it a bit of a waste of time, and not that funny enough to make up for the f^%king time i spent watching this useless peaice of fish arse. i mean it toke him about 15 years to f^&king write a F^&king useless review.

there ive added to the sadness
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *gives standing ovation to gauss*

Hehe, personally I found those videos mildly amusing. Mainly because I think it's funny to watch people get frustrated playing hard/shitty games (especially when they were made 20 years ago). A few cool swears but I wouldn't give the guy any acting awards.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    yeah , he is 100% acting, great one thou eheheh...karate kid for the win !
  • link
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    link polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah, it is acting. It's called a character. This guy is playing the part of a nerd. And if he had a whole party of people around him he wouldn't seem much like a nerd would he? Nerds have no friends. Therefore there are no other people. It is scripted, but wouldn't it have to be? if you were making a video game review wouldn't you write it out first? His reviews are hilarious and effectivly point out alot of problems with these old games. And he does it in an entertaining manner. Can't wait for more reviews.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, it is acting. It's called a character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap, he just insulted actors everywhere, you gonna take that actors!? crazy.gif
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    This man is not funny. I did laugh at his hardened swig'o'beer. He looked as if he maybe took a swig of bourbon. It was _rolling rock_. Is the beer supposed to make him look slightly less painfully dorky? HMMM??? Cause shit, if beer makes you cool, I guess I am a regular fucking casanova.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    angry nerd fails! I did a search for "review" on youtube and I'm liking this guy much better
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, it is acting. It's called a character. This guy is playing the part of a nerd. And if he had a whole party of people around him he wouldn't seem much like a nerd would he? Nerds have no friends. Therefore there are no other people. It is scripted, but wouldn't it have to be? if you were making a video game review wouldn't you write it out first? His reviews are hilarious and effectivly point out alot of problems with these old games. And he does it in an entertaining manner. Can't wait for more reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums angry nintendo nerd!

p.s 'entertaining' is entirely subjective and er, what gauss said. Besides, even if it is 'in character' acting, I don't find it a particularly convincing nerd. Nerds tend to be cleverer with the spoken word, and lack social confidence. This is all just a bit too base and teenage for my liking. Much more loutish than nerdish.
  • link
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    link polycounter lvl 17
    daz we're all entitled to our opinions. if you don't like him, then you don't like him. but i am not the nintendo nerd.
    Justin I watched that other game reviewer you linked. That guy is awful. with an annoying accent.
    and stoofoo, i don't get the beer drinking either. thats one thing i don't like about the nintendo nerd. i dont picture nerds drinking beer. but whatever, other then that i like his reviews.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    It's not the content of the video that's bad as much as it is the duration. He's telling a joke with the same punchline for seven straight minutes. I dunno what he's got coming out of his dick, but I can confirm he's got diarrhea of the mouth...
  • kendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    not really related but i thought you might like to see googles attempt at game review