Home General Discussion

Shipped-Game schwag

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
Just as it sounds. Post pics of the cool schwag you guys have recieved for shipping a game. Free copies? Figurines? Books? Toss em in here!

I just got this today, for my work on STACKED:

e9e5c074d768.jpg
a074afdb7e29.jpg
4cb0c9c5446d.jpg

Sorry about the shitty pics, I don't have a digi-cam. Just my cellphone cam.

Replies

• Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Heh, that's pretty friggin sweet!
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    I'd imagine you could bludgeon someone pretty well with that
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Oh boy I got me a ton of crap over the years. Emphasis on the *crap*. Although I'm quite proud of my signed Connery pic. I'm not exactly light on James Bond DVD's either!

crap.JPG
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    What's that silver thing at the bottome of the picture
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ack! A floating brosnan head! argh! hehe smile.gif Nice stuff, Daz.
    The signed Connery pic is defineatly the crown jewel, there smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Just recently got a free pair of shoes from our skate sponsors.

pj-ladd-brown-tan-white.jpg

In the past I've gotten three hoodies, five t-shirts, and just recently at our company picnic a bag of Neversoft branded items, a nalgene water bottle, hat, etc.

For shipping GUN and THAW, we got about 8 copies each of the games for all the different platforms, I had a huge tower of games. Oh and a Neversoft sports bag.

Neversoft likes to give out schwag.

poop.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    What's that silver thing at the bottome of the picture

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know I never quite figured it out. Some kind of pen with magnetized bullets that don't serve a purpose. Like I said, crap wink.gif

crap2.jpg
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Just think if they would give out bigger bonuses instead of schwag.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Tshirts, Carharrt jackets, northface jackets, dickes jackets. Hoodies. Pants. Socks. Hats, caps, balaclavas, bandanas.

Poker chips, cards, dice. Gold bling dice for your car tire air thing. Bill folds. Games, lots of games. Kubricks. Manhunt statues. Stickers? Frisbees, basketballs, BMX bikes. Mugs, cup holders, shoelace covers. Wallets. Baseball bat. Umbrellas. Rucksacks. Badges. Patches. Metal PSP cases.

I have drawers full of stuff, most of the clothes get given away.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just think if they would give out bigger bonuses instead of schwag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a year old AudiTT quattro with cash with the bonus from that game. I think I did OK out of 'em thanks.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whose says you couldnt have gotten that AudiTT AND 2 weeks of gas for it ehh? ehh?

Well on the positive this could be long term investments. Think of how much that schwagg from Revenge of the Jedi is worth these days?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Dammit Vassago where is MY stacked shwag!! frown.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    well.. other than free copies of the games I qa'd.. not much to show for it tongue.gif

Though I guess if you consider the money I earned went into my vette, you could call that shwag tongue.gif
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I bought a year old AudiTT quattro with cash with the bonus from that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you moonshine as gay architect? laugh.gif
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    biggest things were hardware - PS2, PSP - and a hell of a lot of utterly random merchandise, some of it *really bizarre (branded fake leather cigar pouch, anyone?). God knows where it all went. Although i'm still finding bits of lego racers all over the place
  • wille
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wille polycounter lvl 17
    uhmm,,,After Completing Ghostrecon earlier this spring we got a 2 week allinclusive holiday in mexico and...a towel to use there! (also ofcourse, some more of the neverending flow of tshirts O_O )

The trip was great but the tshirts are really taking up too much space in my tiny apartment.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Well, at least you can always have your towel with you.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adam - no doubt man.
    I was lucky to get mine even. Myelin is sort of being dicks about everything. Okay, so the game was 8 months late....it wasn't the ART DEPARTMENT's fault! We were done back in October! frown.gif
    The only reason I got my chip stack, is because it was given to one of the new guys they hired. Since he didn't work on Stacked, he felt he didn't need/earn them. So he was cool enough to give them to me.
    I'm still trying to jocky for a free version of the game...
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    My dog is so gangsta wearing this around:

vest%20blog220x164.jpg

Edit: I also got a cardboard 50 Cent stand like in the game stores. Sadly I don't have a picture of it though. frown.gif
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    haha jeffro, thats so pimp laugh.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I got a cardboard air freshener (complete with paint-strippingly strong cherry odour) for my hard work on Payload.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    So far.. T-shirts, all the DICE games, A big army backpack, stickers, Dogtag keychains, USB pen, and a trip to Vegas:P
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    dammm! I hope I get some swag someday frown.gif
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    only free swag i got is a DS for doing my Porco Demo work
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those poker chips are cool.

This isn't really game shwag, but Autodesk gave away some of those little 64MB usb drives at a sales event we went to yesterday. Reminded me of the MS no-show freebies.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Do you moonshine as gay architect? laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I've never heard that one before.

Btw, I wasn't bragging, I'm just fed up with people making assumptions around here about things they don't know anything about.

I covet that vest Jeffro!
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    ....and it's "moonlight".

Education.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    ....I got a rock....
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Daz moonlights as a moonshiner.
    Oh, and I got a t-shirt one time.
    I've actually got more game-related t-shirts through winning stuff in CGChat contests than actually working on anything smile.gif
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I got the game, and all the promotional stuff as well as i made it...
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Which I assume was directed towards me. I stand by what I say. I would first have to be mistaken. Which I wasn't. I was making a point in my sarcasm.

You cannot argue that you might not have gotten more. The amount yes, could have been negligable. However taken into account the time the company had to pay one of its marketers to get third companies to create this stuff even though they got it for cents on the dollars. That time investment could have divided amoungst the employees.

I also assume (that you hate), that what you meant is you had enough to put a nice down payment on that Audi. Not that you had enough with the bonus alone to pay for that Audi in total. Now here is where I am assuming, and if Im wrong then you can rail into me. But even if I am wrong here, I still have a point in my original insertion in this thread.

Is all about marketing.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    oXYnary: Didn't you once work for a guy who made Halo toys? If so, aren't you being a tad hypocritical?
    Also, I think you should stop assuming things.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    oxy please dont ask daz to rail into you, it gives me bad mental images...
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would have to be wrong in my assumption. And yes I did, and it was for the general market. I didn't get any schwag from doing those other than going through his crap after he couldnt afford payments on his studio space anymore. Hell the fucker still owes me $650 which I will never see.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Oh boy oh boy. It was directed 'out there'. It was directed at people that think they know things that don't. People that like to assume things. It was directed at people that look down their noses at me for working for a big company like Electronic Arts for so long, without knowing anything about me or my reasons for doing so or my experiences there.

And yes, I mean I physically bought a car outright with bonus money one year. Not a down payment. All of it. And yes, I agree, EA spend a lot of money on total garbage. Large companies are very good at that.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Damn Daz, that is quite awesome. Not only was it Connery's autograph, but it's on a picture of the bond that you made. That's gotta feel pretty nice.

Oh yeah. As far as mythic schwag- I've got a logo'd duffel bag, 2 logo'd hats, a coffee mug, a copy of the daoc I worked on, and then two other copys of the game in various promo boxing.
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    Last place: nada. Ended up buying the game myself when it dropped to $10 at Best Buy.

Mythic (so far, haven't been here long enough to ship anything): Warhammer poster, Mythic sweatshirt, DAoC hat, little Warhammer figurine, and had a free mug thrown at me (it broke).

...and laughter!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There see, I was railed in my assumption about the car. (My point about schwag wasn't wrong though). But Daz, cmon dont try to be PC. You know that it was my comment that brought that point to your mind. I was the only one in the thread that felt differently, and you responded to it.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Schwag is cool. Would you get mad at your parents for getting you presents, when they should have put that money towards your college fund? They are fun gifts, that have a different value than money to bestow on your employees, meant as morale boosters, and to induce pride in your employer and product. Sometimes they can be lame (EA brand condoms) but the idea is sound. I'm glad NS does schwag, I'm also glad they pay me well and give bonuses in addition. I have a feeling the company wouldn't just give you the cash if they didn't spend it on schwag, so the point is not only moot, but poor to begin with.

poop.gif
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    i heard that at ea that when you ship a game, they add an extra link to the chain that keeps you at your desk.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    dont try to be PC. You know that it was my comment that brought that point to your mind. I was the only one in the thread that felt differently, and you responded to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it doesn't necessarily have to be one comment in one thread to kick off a reaction.

That's ridiculous Marine. They're far too busy killing babies to spend time doing that.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poop, your making a assumption if they would or not (if they didnt give out schwag, redistribute that money).

I guess to me, its like throwing rice to the peasants or slaves. I mean if Im going to have to be a companies bitch, then show me enough respect not to have this "tra la la arent we all happy together?" crap. Just pay me well and treat me decently.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    And you're making an assumption that all videogame employees get paid crap and treated like slaves!
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    oXY != Correct.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    and there was me thinking that generally they're just clearing out their cupboards of the myriad promotional bollocks that goes out far and wide anyway
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    And you're making an assumption that all videogame employees get paid crap and treated like slaves!

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFL. Says the EA man. wink.giflaugh.gif
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I guess to me, its like throwing rice to the peasants or slaves. I mean if Im going to have to be a companies bitch, then show me enough respect not to have this "tra la la arent we all happy together?" crap. Just pay me well and treat me decently.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dumb. I like working at places where you're close with people.

And stop hating on cool free shit. They weren't going to give you 5 dollars instead of giving you a free poster, they just decided to give you a poster for your hard work. Stop fuckin bitching about it. The other day, I was sitting at a server, and my boss comes up and says, "Lee, it's your lucky day... I have here in my hands, three keychains that I'm going to bestow upon you, and they are quite amazing." They were 3 piece of shit keychains he found in a pile of junk. We both laughed our asses off at how shitty they were, and now I have one of them on my keys (a magic 8 ball keychain!!!). You can't tell me that shit isn't cool.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFL. Says the EA man. wink.giflaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And how exactly the fuck do you know what kind of $ I earn or anything else about my personal experience?! Jeez, why oh why do I take the bait?!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whats your income have to do with it? Were all assuming now since in fact I know not all game companies are created dis-equally. Especially I know at least 1 company locally that is like a dream to work for (arenanet)). Cmon, lets not be haters, its not dumb sonic, its a different POV. Its all in fun. I simply disagree. laugh.gif