Home General Discussion

Cancelling AOL

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
We all know that AOL sucks, which is a shame since thier customer service is so incredible:

http://www.insignificantthoughts.com/files/aolcancellationeditfinal.mp3

Replies

• Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    BWAHAHA!
    I've totally been there. Not with AOL though, but with Alienware. FUCK Alienware, BTW.

Gone are the days of me being transferred to India where some obvious Indian who claims to be named "Abraham" or "Witherspoon" won't let me cancel or get some god damned customer support.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    THAT was badass! smile.gif
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, I've listened to that over and over and over and I don't even know why! Perhaps I just like that AOL does have at least one employee that accurately reflects our hip subculture's opinion of the evil internet provider.
  • oXYnary
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    wow, I want to reach through my mp3 player and choke that guy.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    All you need are 5 magic words:

"Give me your supervisor, now." smile.gif When I call Qwest I don't even bother with the front line agent. I go right to the head douchebag in charge. It's great - you don't ever have to get tense or mad. Just go straight to the person who's job it is to kiss your ass and try to prevent you from being a non-customer.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Having worked in an incoming callcenter, I have to say Sledgy has it exactly right.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    wow. what a jackass.
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    I wish I had a recording of the time a Telemarketer called me and I told him to " quite fucking calling ,taking me off the list " and he said " shut up asshole " and hung up. So I called the number back and asked for a supervisor and explained the situation and gave the name of the guy who called . So I hear the supervisor walk over and ask " Did you just insult and customer and call him an asshole" and then some mumbeling from the guy who had insulted me and then the supervisor said " your fired unplug your headset and leave" ! That was some great justice if you ask me .
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas, yeah I've taken a few calls in my day smile.gif It's usually the other way around.

"Help I'm getting an error!"
    "What's the error?"
    "I don't know!"
    "Well let's look at your error log."
    "You're being RUDE!"
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Sorry to hear about your Alienware issues, Matabus. I've have nothing but glowing comments to say about their tech support. It's always been super fast, and extremely helpful. I guess I just get the good people smile.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, I had a scenario like Sledgys recently (month or so ago).
    I took a call from a vendor of a biz partner. (one of our partners had hired a web firm to develop a new website for them, and one of the web developers called me).
    So this lady starts telling me how we need to re-code our website to provide them with all of our clients private information, including financial information. This way their clients could log into their site, view and order our pictures via thier site, etc. Completely bypassing our site & system.
    And IM like "uh...we cannot do that. We'd be happy to provide you with some verbiage and a link to our site, etc, but we cannot give you access to our clients private data, photos, etc, these accounts include credit card numbers! I dont understand why you need all this anyway, as I've spoken to the CEO of your client, and she informed me all she wants me to give you is a logo and a link"
    So this lady FLIPS out, and starts calling me names, screaming into the phone about how rude & uncooperative I was being and that "my superiors would find out how uncooperative I was". So I walked right into my bosses office, told him what happened, called our partner told them what happened. Our partner CEO was like "Wow, what a crazy person, I have no idea why she asked for all that, we told her what we wanted, and thats not it".
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    All you need are 5 magic words:

"Give me your supervisor, now." smile.gif When I call Qwest I don't even bother with the front line agent. I go right to the head douchebag in charge. It's great - you don't ever have to get tense or mad. Just go straight to the person who's job it is to kiss your ass and try to prevent you from being a non-customer.

[/ QUOTE ]

More often or not probably transferred two stations away to their friend. laugh.gif That's what we do in IT, whenever we get someone wanting a supervisor.. just ship em to your buddy. Sometimes people just want to speak with someone else.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Aaaah! the link doesn't work for me! frown.gif
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I was sad to notice that too ... I did listen to it, but didn't save it out before it died. :/
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe write what it said down for me, and then I can have Microsoft Sam read it back to me. I think it should sound pretty close, no?
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    heh I remember working for AOL.
    the usual way it went was,
    Customer:"Let me speak to your supervisor."
    Me: "Certainly just hold on a few minutes"
    Me (via IM to the team): Hey which one of you guys wants to be a supervisor this time?
    And yes AOL saves still inspires loathing and hatred in me, having to deal with their issues in the billing department.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAHA that's great.
  • obson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    obson polycounter lvl 17
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    i'm really surprised by the douchebaggery the customer support guy was exhibiting...

Cancel the account. Fuck off and cancel it, that's all he has to do.

Yeesh!
  • Makk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makk polycounter lvl 18
    Bloody hell what an ass!!!