Home General Discussion

Well, Clover studios wins E3

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
Clover Studio are now officially the best developer in the world (my world at least). Not only Okami (the Game with the Ukiyo-e art style. Beautiful stuff)
http://www.gametrailers.com/downloadnew.php?id=10678&type=wmv&f=
but Godhand too, quite possibly the most brilliantly (if insane) fighting games ever concepted.
http://www.gametrailers.com/downloadnew.php?id=10679&type=wmv&f=

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    really? I wasnt overly impressed by godhand. It looked like pretty standard (and probably fairly fun) fighting game stuff.
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    it looks like fun, wink.gif I got bored of fighting games.. except fight night (which love) and this looks potentially fresh enough to enjoy
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Of course Clover rocks, they've got Shinji Mikami and I think the rest of the team who brought you Viewtiful Joe.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Wow. That trailer was insanely awesome.
    I wonder how well the style works as an actual game, though. Maybe if they played that great music the entire time laugh.gif
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    While neither game outright blew me away at all, I do have to say that the Godhand video did look like it had some damn good humour. One thing I'd like to see more of is more comedy games. smile.gif
  • milla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    milla polycounter lvl 18
    Haha! Godhand looks fun. I'm downloading the other trailer now.

Edit: Oh wow! That woodcut-style cell-shading is wonderful _b
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    1up.com's preview isn't exactly glowing. That's a huge letdown, I could sit here and watch the trailer all day long. I'm still gonna keep an eye on it, though.

Okami on the other hand is widely considered a worthy competitor to Zelda and is getting amazing reviews. Seeing it in motion also makes it look 50 times better.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Arggg... a Furry game confused.gif

The fighting game looks fun though, but those PS2 graphics are really hurting my eyes.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Arggg... a Furry game

[/ QUOTE ]
    Congratulations, thats the number one dumbest critique I've heard all day, narrowly beating "Finding yourself lost at sea with no memory how you got there. Thats original" aimed at Bioshock. You're lucky you're not here or I'd throw a foam Spongebob toy at you too. tongue.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In that case me and my friend Spongebob would probably agree, that in fact it really does look like a furry game tongue.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    capcoms offspring did well eh?

personally I think Okami is a real let down from the look it had in the original videos. Maybe it's just the way it's presented now, but it's gone from a mysterious dog and brush game to a "heal the fucking gay rainbow planet" game.

the beatem up title looks funny! I really hope they put some mo-cap on those mouths though... nothing worse than lifeless unrigged faces glearing back at you while you cringe at the hopeless dialogue. in fact this is the only fault I can see, oh that and TERRIBLE CLIPPING!
    Now if only they made the same game but with a Fist of the North Star Licence and some really intense gore.

when oh when will they ever sort it out? viva la next gen.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    In that case me and my friend Spongebob would probably agree, that in fact it really does look like a furry game tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    You really don't know what a furry is, do you?

Oh my god! Link turns into a wolf in Twilight Princess! Furry game!
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    So god hand is what? A parody of Fist of the North Star?
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Looks like they have some quirky games, both have a cool style, what with all the shaking man-ass in the Godhand trailer?!?!
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had to watch ti twice ot pick out the shaking man ass. Good eyes, or gaydar? News at 11. :P
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well what I mean with furry game is not that you actually get to play some very strange 'human beeings' who love to run around in badly made costumes of animals and pretent to be such animals and have their characteristics (very often dogs or wolves btw), but a game a person obsessed with wolves would love to play.
    And having a steriotypical wolf as a main character, with aditional human characteristics embedded into this animal perfectly fits my description above smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    confused.gif

I never said non-furrys arn't allowed to play... I simply stated the fact that furrys will like that game, thus it beeing a game for furrys (=furry game).

confused.gif

I can't believe I actually just had a lengthy internet discussion about furrys laugh.gif

Edit: oh and please do not mention your anime 'french maid' obsession ever again tongue.gif
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ignore them, they just like to pick fights, and are probably offended because they are furry fan bois. The game looks great, and I agree with JKM. People obsessed with wolves and such will love it. How many games are there where you can play one as the main character?
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i have to say.... sigh.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    generic wolf? furry? and here i thought it was supposed to be a Shinto Sun god...
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ignore them, they just like to pick fights, and are probably offended because they are furry fan bois.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think furries are insane, that's why I think it's wrong to call it a furry game. The game does look awesome and that's why it doesn't deserves the insult of being affiliated with furries! laugh.gif

Saying Okami is "a furry game" is like saying an elementary school is "a pedophile school". It's so poor a way of expressing what you mean that it turns into something completely wrong. The whole dispute came about because JK accidentaly said something he didn't mean to.

What he said was wrong. What he meant was... really, really obvious. laugh.gif Hey, if you like Hockey you might like the NHL games!

And since when have wolves been stereotypical?
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the Capcom bosses (no, not the big kind you fight in the games) are pretty annoying lately, I do think it's the suits who are deciding "we support only the PS2" because the drawing mechanic makes the choice to put it on the PS2 weird, Mikami's hate for the system doubly so.

BTW, why do people claim I have a french maid obsession? What the hell?
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I simply stated the fact that furrys will like that game, thus it beeing a game for furrys (=furry game).

[/ QUOTE ]

The logic here escapes me. If lesbians liked football, would you say that football is a game for lesbians? I don't meant to derail the thread (and that ukiyo-e game does look amazing), but that comment just doesn't compute.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okok... I was trying to smooth out the discussion, because I was becoming bored of it, thus this slightly non logical way of expressing it tongue.gif
    In fact the all of the developers are probably furrys for designing such a game, and if you even remotely think about playing such a game you are a furry but maybe not admitting it. Or at least you will turn into one instantaniously tongue.gif

[If you think about replying to this, please recheck your internet sarcasm antennas]

Edit:
    [ QUOTE ]
    And since when have wolves been stereotypical?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Have you ever actually seen real wolves? Basicly they look like pretty small 'smeary' thin dogs (at least with summer fur), and not like that strong 'pround' predator animal, photographers and illustrators have been stereotypically imaged since decades.
    And the wolf in that game looks exactly like such a image.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, it's a freaking god so it can look as proud and strong as it wants.