Home General Discussion

tomb raider legends 1 mill units!!

PaK
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
PaK polycounter lvl 18
TOMB RAIDER LEGENDS 1 MILL UNITS IN 10 DAYS!

HAH! this is the best bday gift evar.

-R

Replies

• AstroZombie
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats. I plan on picking it up eventually myself.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Despite the Tomb Raider name? Grats.
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    hmm i am really enjoyig it now, but still am a bit annoyed with teh camera and controls, but good overall so far.great graphics
  • gauss
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yeah i was really quite pleasantly surprised by the demo. it's a franchise that has not deserved to wallow it shitty sequels this long, i think that many units already sold just goes to show how many people were waiting for Tomb Raider to stop sucking smile.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i wasn't impressed with the demo on xb360. When you look at games like Oblivion & GRAW and look at tomb raider it just looks like a port. I agree with Ruz about the controls and the camera. I guess i've lost interest in Tomb Raider, since now there are similar games available like prince of persia.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Tried the demo today on xbox360 download, there are certainly a lot of frame rate and art issues but I think the gameplay is solid, and as Gauss said I've been waiting for this game to not suck since version 1.0.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i picked this up on Wednesday and finally got around to playing last night. I freakin love it, seriously a very pretty, and very fun action game. There are some so-so areas, the camera get to me everyonce in a while (chain / rope jumping), but all in all i love it.

id play this over Oblivion any day. That game just gets too fucking boring, and there are only so many times i can hear the same person's voice before i crack wink.gif

/salute
  • PaK
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Lee3dee: That's cuz it 'is' a port. The lead sku wasn't built to port either, which made it that much more difficult for us on the xbox360 team.

-R
  • AstroZombie
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    There are some so-so areas...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably stuff that Pak worked on wink.gif
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy shit! I bought the pc version, I am completely floored, this is the best gameplay I have experienced in quite some time! I love everything about this game. I recommend grabbing the xbox360 controller that works on the pc. There are some really amazing visuals for the environment art as well. The puzzles are too much fun in this game, bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    The motorcycle part, I felt, was completely unneeded. In terms of story development, I guess it worked - but the gameplay was so blah.

The best part, so far, has been exploring Croft Manor.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    I like rail missions so I quite enjoyed the motorcycle, I hope there is more later on!
  • PaK
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    AZ: nice :P

I wish I had time to work on the motorcycle sections. I wish I had time to do every texture in the game, but I just didn't.

-R
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I beat it last night, and loved it. I was initially *extremely* frustrated with the Telsa-boss fight.... but once i figured it out i was calling myself a motard.

great stuff, all the way through. I'm currently doing the time trials. DAMN YOUUUU.
  • sledgy
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Just picked it up & looking forward to it! Shader model 3 mmmm.
  • nacire
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
    Being a big fan of the original, I was quite pleased with this version. Seems to have a lot of the feel of the original with a much smoother control scheme. I will say I found it a bit easy even on hard mode. I would rather see the puzzles and exploration more challenging than just the ammount of damage one takes from an npc. If you're a fan of the series, well the first one anyway, pick this one up or try the demo. Pak, hats off to the team behind the game! Way to invigorate an otherwise stale franchise!
  • sledgy
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    I'm digging it so far. The combat does seem a little weak but the animation and control feels very polished. Lara's normal dry little side comments are actually genuinely funny.

I'm finding the "next generation content" is really pigging it up on my machine, slightly irritating was the disclaimer about performance and that you need a GeForce6 or 7. I have a 6 and it don't work. On the other hand their pushing is probably the reason the graphics chip market moves so quickly and competitively so I'll stifle my whining and wait until series 8 until upgrading (again). Silky smooth with any/all of the other options though.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    I have geforce6800gt 256 and next gen content is greyed out. Not that it takes away from the gameplay though, I think you need a card that supports shader model 3.0 to run this shit?
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Technical question for Pak and other artists who have worked on platforming games. To get Lara to grab on to ledges do you some how have to tag the geo or lay a spline down or use an invisible volume? How do you determine what is grabable and what is just collision geo?
  • PaK
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    yah certain geometry is flagged as spots lara can grab.

-R
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    We layed down splines in Daredevil.

All the same result in the end, though smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    malcolm: The GF6800 series supports SM 3.0, that can't be the reason.
  • PaK
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Get the xbox360 version if you have both a PC and an xbox360 and cant decide between the two.
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished the game last night, my favourite game of the year so far. Please make an expanshion pack as soon as possible.
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Before that release a patch to fix the next-gen issues. Even on my pimp work PC it chugs with next-gen turned on. I just finished the Africa level, great game so far... combat is iffy but the puzzles are cool.
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    Malcolm. I'm on a 6800 and can run next gen just fine. Are you sure you chose to install all the next gen content on setup? Or is the GT one of those 'lite' versions of the 6800?

I gotta say, frankly it's the best game i've played all year. Does'nt yet have the 'awestruck' feeling of the first or 2nd games though. But i'm only 53% in.

*SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER*

Meh, what a stupid ending. How could she not have figured that out? She is afterall, a fucking archeologist.

*SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER*