Home General Discussion

Polycount 3.0 design restrictions

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vito polycounter lvl 18
This should be interesting...

There were four major design restrictions for the new Polycount 3.0 design. If you want to criticize the new design, these points are the off-limits ones, since we had to work within them. If you want to produce a new mockup, your design must also conform to these design restrictions unless you can offer substantial evidence that our initial assumptions were wrong.

Remember, just because you do or like something a certain way, doesn't mean everyone does. Give reasons and justifications for your decisions.

<ul type="square">
[*]Restriction the First: There must be an advertisement. There are three ad sizes, pick one: Leaderboard, 728x90; Medium Rectangle, 300x250; or Skyscraper, 160x600. If you use the Leaderboard, it must go at the top of the page, and the others should be either close to the top or embedded in the content (e.g. the medium rectangle ad after the first news article like you see on some newspaper sites).
[*]Restriction the Second: The front page design has to be accesible to n00bs. If the boards are the heart of the community, then the front page is t-shirt covering the torso that encases the heart. It's the first thing someone unaffiliated with Polycount sees, so it has to explain what Polycount is, it has to summarize what's going on with the community (e.g. the boards), and it has to drive people to the boards so they can participate. As previously discussed, PMPs for six year old games are not part of the general gaming public any more, which is why there's no model list. If you want to do a "game model of the month" gallery or something, fine, but justify your reason behind including it.
[*]Restriction the Third: It has to be designed for 800x600. I know, I know, you're like, wtf. But the truth is that most people don't browse at 1600x1200 with their browser maximized, and since the site has to be accessible to Polycount virgins, we have to accomodate that. Statistically, even people at 1024x768 have their browser windowed, and the average (or was it median? I don't remember) size of that window was roughly the same as 800x600, maybe a little bigger, but not enough to make it worth it. This means your "above the fold" viewable space is like 740x400. Now, there are ways around that: you can have "bonus columns" of optional content that's visible if you're running wider, but that just isn't there if you're not, so there's no horizontal scrolling. If you go this route, each "bonus column" should be no more than 220px wide, but can be smaller than that. The ad cannot be in a bonus column.
[*]Restriction the Fourth: The design has to extend to sub-pages of content: articles, model galleries and POTD lists. While there aren't examples of this in the new design beyond the "rendering in progress" page, rest assured that the new design does work for other types of body content. If you're doing a mockup, you need to provide not a just a front-page design, but a sub-page example, too. [/list]

Maybe now we can move beyond "gay" and "shit" as criticisms, hmm? smile.gif

Replies

• Spacey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacey polycounter lvl 18
    I never visit the front page, so I guess it doesn't really matter to me. Anyway, here are some crits for if you don't plan on changing the design at all...

The "polycount" at the top isn't aligned with anything. It looks like you were trying to make the "poly" part of the black BG and the "count" with the green, did half the job, and said "good enough!". Either put all of the "poly" in the black and the "count" in the green or just align it with all the other text. Having the "poly" against the face doesn't look too great (these types of "reversals" [used loosely] look better against solid colors). I'd say align it with the text blocks as it is making me uneasy having a single line of text hang over.

I think what Noel was getting at with the navigation is that it is just text without any style to it. Like you typed out "forums [space] [space] [space] [space] | [space] [space] [space] chat...etc" which looks amateurish. Not sure if the dotted underline is needed. It's pretty obvious that’s a navigation bar. It works a lot better where it might not be noticeable (like in the news articles, headers, etc.). Personally, I like different font color for links rather than underlines. Also, the "polycount" only underlines when you hover over it which is breaking the uniformity of the underlined text links (always underlined). The ad at the top has an underline all the time which is breaking the uniformity of the non-underlined image links (the thumbnails). Pick a format and stick with it throughout the page.

Please don't run the text to the edge of the screen. For one it is somewhat hard to read (made easier with the larger fonts) and second, it's always nice to have a little buffer room around anything. Pull it back a bit so my eye doesn't feel like it's going to fall off the page.

Sometimes only half the face loads for me (links, articles, and models page). =\

I agree with Noel about the horizontal lines dividing news items. It helps to keep things in nice little packages. Maybe a horizontal line isn't your thing, but even adding an extra line break would help. There is an equal amount of room between new paragraphs and the end of articles and news headlines. Sure, I'm not stupid and can distinguish that it's the start of a new story, but it makes it that much easier to read.

It looks doable to me, just needs some polish and lovin’.

<3<3<3

EDIT: And for only being restricted to 800x600, I’d use every pixel efficiently. Basically squish that left hand bar down a little so you’ve got some extra wiggle room.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    the thing that strikes me as "off" about the redesign is the huge solid block of green. a darker shade of green or black for the content area, and the current shade in the sidebar would look better imo.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    alright, it's no fair to say anything mean to vito--he's responsible for the really beautiful, powerful new engines that drive the guts of the new page. it really allows for really awesome, nearly automatic uploads for news and POTDs and such, which is a Godsend for us newsposters.

the current look, however, is all my fault. we were kicking around some ideas behind closed doors and i stepped up to the plate. in my meager defense, this was my mockup:

wehatessit.jpg

now one of the big and immediately obvious differences is the change in banner ad size. in my mockup, i was assuming the smaller banner size, which ended up not being the case. so basically, the entire header (possibly most of the rest of the design) just doesn't work anymore, on account of the actual requirements as Vito has elucidated.

but forget about that... i'll post a redesign myself, but most of you have already expressed your opinions of my giant-font-crazy site design laugh.gif i'm officially turning on the hawken signal, since he's always been a help and he's a much better graphic designer than i am.

Spacey: i hope my posting the mockup makes it clear why there are certain alignment problems with the logo and such. you bring up a lot of good points, thanks for contributing to the discussion. we'll get it all ironed out in not too long! smile.gif
  • Vito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vito polycounter lvl 18
    A couple more notes about these technical restrictions.

Since some of you don't know how "bonus columns" work, here's an example: size your browser down to 800x600 and visit this page on CollyLogic. Then maximize your window. See that third column that magically just shows up? That's a bonus column. It's a bonus for running your browser at a higher resolution than normal people (e.g. a bonus for being a dedicated polycounter), but it's only a bonus; it's also nothing a normal person would miss out on. Does that make sense?

Also, regarding Spacey's comment about 800x600, that means the body content has to fit in 740px of width. Here's an example: visit the new Polycount front page and slowly start resizing your browser narrower and narrower. See how the banner ad at the top start moving back to the left, covering up the top of the smiley? The whole body column can be floated in the middle of page or something, with backgrounds of models and things in the left and right gutters or something, as long as the body column can also cover them up if the browser width is too small.

Hope that clears those two things up.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    The thing that bug me about the new design is the lack of 'polycount' font. It isn't so much the smiley itself its the fact that seems to be primarily the "face" (punt intended) of polycount when it always seemed to be the font.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I'm not to big a fan, because the previous design was much more professional, although it was a little cluttered to fuck from the years and years of models and content. The current design reminds me of a portfolio i would close in 2 minutes because the layout wasn't professional, or did not strike me a site that took itself seriously.

Does 'catering to noobs' mean you have to cater to the blind? Every font face in there feels about 4x the size it should be. I naturally checked my font scale size in the browser to make sure i didnt accidentally scale them up to the 'Elderly size.'

I agree with Thnom too, i miss the old font / graphic frown.gif

I have no problems with 800x600 restrictions, i think more sites should rely on this as it makes for a very sound, and clean site layout.

My biggest initial gut wrenching pains come from the lack of professionalism, and font sizes.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    alright let's not harp on the same complaint over and over. the logo is an important point--i was lazy/not mindful of it at the time of the mockup. that's definitely coming back.

and the fonts are likely to be smaller, too.
    as far as the professionalism, this is the place to address it. so let's have more specific talk of what you'd like to see, rather than all the things you don't like about the current in progress design. it's very clear a lot of people don't like it, this is not adding to the discussion smile.gif
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Black on green does NOT work as the main body font. The light green works but I think it'd burn your retina if that was the text body colour. I don't know what colour WOULD work but I think the forums are a good clue.
    http://boards.polycount.net/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=1&page=0
    Forum green (muddy) with the florescent like green works fine (as long as the font isn't bold). I think if we're gonna start merging in other colours i think they need to match the forum; with the blue and red.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    No offence intended but I don't think this thread is going to get too far. Clearly every man and his dog around here fancies himself as a graphic designer, and design by commitee doesn't work. Trust me, I know.

Personally I think the design is best handled by one person, and one person only. Someone that has a proven track record of decent design sense perhaps. And If some people don't like that design, tough shit. Just an idea.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    juding by artwork alone i am a big fan of hawken and tinmans design skills. they seem to own us all on 2d stuff, particularly design oriented stuff. i have to aggree with daz, not only is every member of polycount an expert on game design, movie directing, and rocket science they all claim to have written the book on web design, or any design for that matter. personally i wouldnt make this an open source project cause your just going to get kids arguing over type trements and penis sizes.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    ok, sorry - i was under the impression it was up on a private link for a while before hand, no offense meant just my initial impressions. I didnt mean to bash it.

as for what i mean:

the design of the banner, links, and body copy flows, so that your eye can travel around the site. I really, really loved the 'POTD' from the old site, and even CGTalks 'front page' stuff. In order to make it not feel clunky, it would need its own 'style set,' ie all images will be 162x120px, or whatever.

In addition to that, it feels like a stream of conciousness layout as opposed to having areas of interest, areas of function, and areas of copy. Inrest being Pictures of the Day/Week, Featured articles/models, ad banners, the forums, and links. Functional elements being major links, and other things that make the site navigation and content display work. Finally, content being news, model lists, searched text, images, etc.

I agree with daz, designing by commitee is difficult, and 80% of the time impossible. Iterative design with feedback (from a private linked location) however works.

I have no doubts you guys will make it sick, just providing feedback, because it seems this thread was requesting it.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Daz: you're an industry vet--surely you also realize by now that it's important to let people think that their input matters laugh.gif

this front page is still intended to service a community, so we're hoping to come up with a front page that will prove useful to polycounters, not just something they stumble into or look on nostalgically. so we're taking some suggestions about how improvements like that can be factored in... otherwise, why not just clear the whole damn thin off and put a giant "click here to visit the forums" button?

the design will still be handled by one person. i'm hoping to conscript seduce hawken into the duty, because i've always admired his design sense. and he doesn't even have to do the dirty work, either--vito's a wizard when it comes to htmlizing a design layout.

moose: thanks, that does clarify and help me and the others working on this know what you mean.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    i just wanted to say i like the new design.. and i'm sure you can come up with anything better than what i can. dont think there's anything wrong with it, nice and simple, the colors are fine too but if so many people complain you might consider incorporating some of the forum colors in there, some blue and red there ya go.

plus, i always thought hawken is a very talented designer, i never meant to bash him nor did i even know he designed that smiley. sorry for any offence --

still i do think that smiley is gay. but hey, whatever pulls your finger :*
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    You guys might start with a site wireframe, so nobody gets caught up with imagery:

08_hp_wireframe.gif

focus on function, menus, site structure, and that kind of thing first before the pretty stuff. It's boring, but it usually helps with semi-complex sites.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    you forget who I worked for gauss ;-)
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im not going to apologize for having an opinion.
    if anybody found my opinion offensive, i'm sorry that he did - but that's his own ego at work.

might as well put the ego aside and admit the fact the the majority don't like it.

and that per sux
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I like the smiley just fine.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    No offence intended but I don't think this thread is going to get too far. Clearly every man and his dog around here fancies himself as a graphic designer, and design by commitee doesn't work. Trust me, I know.

Personally I think the design is best handled by one person, and one person only. Someone that has a proven track record of decent design sense perhaps. And If some people don't like that design, tough shit. Just an idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, you can't please everyone. It's not like the regulars are going to stop hanging around if they don't like the new design.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    here's my silly mockup which has a similar layout as the old but more streamlined and fittable on an 800x600 screen. Mockings are done in complete jest. (and if you take them seriously, i pity you !!1!)
    pcdesign1.jpg
    pcdesign2.jpg
    pcdesign3.jpg
    pcdesign4.jpg
  • BRUTICUS(CW)
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BRUTICUS(CW) polycounter lvl 18
    my main suggestion for the site is to make the player model downloading easier. the search function doesn't seem to work and listing by number of pages is a pain in the ass.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    thanks cheapie. believe it or not those are actually some pretty helpful suggestions, and the first mockups posted in this thread (hawken and stirling better get theirs in here too soon! smile.gif ). i think the skyscraper-style banner is definitely worth trying for, since i hate having to give up so much header space for a banner.

edit: oh, and your body copy in places is actually pretty funny. don't let it go to your head, though.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Doc has the idea with a dummy mockup. They severly help, and allow you to bash out a slew of ideas w/o worry about the fancy shit.

np Gauss, it is hard to judge and say "ok, lets professionalize this!"

one last thing:

While i dig the harsh line of going black to green, you may want to consider solidifying that idea with the rest of the images associated with the site. Having a nice, soft shaded smiley face in the background sharpens that transition even more than it currently is.
  • KaosNKorruption
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KaosNKorruption polycounter lvl 18
    IMO, the header for the "Updates" is HUGE....
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    bah yeah, that is actually quite funny cheap
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    lol @ gauss' bong factory
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    layoutpc.jpg

scales to any rez
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Dunno if it has been already said, but I really liked the old font the word 'polycount' had. Maybe we should keep that one?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Why is everyone doing their menu text and news headline text at gigantic fonts? It looks ridiculous.
  • KRakarth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KRakarth polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    You guys might start with a site wireframe, so nobody gets caught up with imagery:

08_hp_wireframe.gif

focus on function, menus, site structure, and that kind of thing first before the pretty stuff. It's boring, but it usually helps with semi-complex sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this Idea I like.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Cause there's not much else to fill the space there.

I think websites should follow the same rules as skins: The contrast should still be there after you desaturate it.

bad.jpg
  • KRakarth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KRakarth polycounter lvl 18
    Now as I have wandered around the boards and found the other end of this discussion I really like what Hawken drew up as well. I Totally agree with what these guys want to do with the focus of the site. I feel that it totally agrees with the focus of what is happening on the boards. The low poly thread is a perfect example - game artwork following a specific set of restriction. We should have galleries organised like this - perhaps we should choose games that reflect these. Choose a game or platform that you could have taken your model into without actually having to do so. Then to make it current you might also refer it to its current counterpart. Eg quake 1 specs and perhaps refer it to some mobile technology.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic i really like this

and post some work damnet
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    We are moving home, so between the backing and organising, I've cobbled this together.

Its VERY unfinished, but you can see a few core things:

The right side menu is for the front page only and would be discarded on the other pages.

The left menu could be dropped, or a skyscraper advert could be used. Or it can be used for a complete sidemap.

A think a SEARCH box is VITAL to the new site.

There should't be a light brown halo around the logo - that was just me being sloppy

pcdv2.jpg
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    First off, thank you Gauss for undertaking both the forum regulation around the redesign and the redesign process itself. You got to have some balls to cope with the bitchy community that we are wink.gif

That said, I'm part of the few who don't get the point behind the huge fonts and dominance war logo used as key visual elements. While I agree that the forum linking should certainly gain a bigger importance on the home page (hence the huge news text, competition-related logo and wip forum images if I follow your idea), I feel like that kind of strong refocus takes some very important things away from the site, both on the visual *and* philosophical aspects.

I personnaly feel like polycount.com is more than a forum-opening page. By this I mean that if I ever want to try and implement a model in a game engine, whatever gen it belongs to, all I need to do is to hit PC and browse the resources links. JK, UT, whatever, every tool and/or info is here or linked from here. And while it's true that editing ressources like UDN are officially here for that, they don't always have everything writen down. I actually remember that the first UT2K3 tut was seen here, and not there.

I know it might not seem crucial in portfolio developpement, but I feel like knowing a few engines is an invaluable skill in a professional environnement. Not only because you know engine X or Y, but because you are familiar with their restrictions and possibilities. I cannot wait to see models like Rockstar's general being ported to UT2007, cannot wait to do a model of mine for that engine, and cannot wait to see all that piling up on the frontpage 'new models' list...

I strongly believe that the visual design should follow that. I hate cluttered designs, yet I cannot stand to have to hunt fo information. Stripping down the design to a mere forum frontpage hence kills most of the 'technical' side of polycount which is indeed what makes it a great ressources for artists in need of cool tools. To make things move, in game.

This, however, just my two Euro cents laugh.gif Long live polycount! I'm sure we'll come up with something great in some time.

(KDR : I disagree with your comment about contrast. Color contrast is as important as value contrast. Yet desaturation is still a great trick sometimes smile.gif )
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Stop with the huge fonts already! WTF!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I like ricks latest one, except Id like the forum, articles, news etc down the left, and just have polycount and search in the top bar
  • Vito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vito polycounter lvl 18
    Three questions.

Rick, why do you think search is so important? Did you use the news search on the old site? Do you use the forum search now? Would it search both news and forums or just news or just models or what?

Pior, you're right that people used to come to Polycount to find out how to get PPMs into any game. But these days, game engine developers (Epic, id, Valve, CryTech) have their own support websites that have this information available (UDN, idDevNet, VDC, Crymod). No-one looks to get their model into "any" game they can: PPMs are all but dead, which means they're doing it for a mod, which means they're all over the official support website anyway. I think the best thing we can do is provide regularly updated resource links to the official docs, rather than do things up from scratch ourselves, unless, you know, it means scooping the actual devs. smile.gif

Finally, given that this is a game modeling and art site... why does the text dominate in most of these mockups? Where are the mockups that focus on all the pretty art from the forums, with it taking up most of the room on the page? Just curious about your rationales behind that.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    polycount_1024x768.jpg

Here's what I came up with this morning.
    And the much worse 1st run late last night:
    1st Crappy design
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    the forum search is extremely useful, except for the half-hour wait if you make a mistake
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    vito -search? Have you heard of Google? smile.gif

Naw, these days I'm fed up with drilling through menus to find stuff.

Real world example. Today we had to go to the dump to get rid of stuff since we are moving house. We had not been to the dump near us in Edinburgh, so we went to the council website to find out where it as. There was NO search feature.

After 10-25 minutes (this is NO LIE!) we gave up, and drove around for 20 minutes to find it.

Aileen WORKS for the council wink.gif

Anyway, if I wanted to know ho to export an UT2003 character from max, I'd rather type "ut 2004 export max" into a search box than try to find it.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Scooby, yours is the best so far, in my opinion. something thats easily read, and I like the colors. green text on black background is too harsh for my poor eyes.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    think the best thing we can do is provide regularly updated resource links to the official docs

You just phrased it the way I dreamt it!

All that technical should really be kept in focus. To me having a model in engine, or presented just like if it was, is crucial. It sortof 'validates' it, and I am under the impression that polycount-breed artists have that particular 'validated' feel, maybe simply because game cg is less forgiving than film cg in many regards. Can't hide anything.

All in one... I think that the missing item is a Ressources or Tools link next to articles, forum, models, whatever. Atm it dosen't scream 'gameart' anymore, and even if ppms are not as popular as they used to be (not harder to make tho) game art is still what ilt's all about, and the new design(s) kindof killed that for a more yetanothercgportail website.

If someone wants to learn how to, say, display normalmaps in a realtime manner, and don't know where to start hunting for tips and recommendations, PC should be the place where such info is easily available. Awesome tool writers like Ben Cloward, JIStyles, Martinez or Santiago don't belong to either UDN or IDdevnet, yet their work is invaluable to game artists. They really belong to the main PC portail imho.

Haha now you know how to make me happy wink.gif

Good luck for the whole thing guys! I hope I'm not sounding like some obsessed dick. I just love that place so much, and want to do my my best to help making it even better!
  • Vito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vito polycounter lvl 18
    Those are some really good points, pior. Thanks for fleshing that idea out.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I like scoobys the most, but i would break up the big picture into 4 and add in search some where at the top.

In the links section id put modding links to all the diffrent companys how to import a model in to their game pages. That way PC becomes more of a hub for modding so that we become more of a one stop shopping for learning how to get models into games.
    Id also make a catagory in the links for refrence sites just like the thread in 2d/3d.
    Another good link would be to the gamedev map so that everyone would know what companys were around them.
    Lastly id have a list of curent members portfolio sites.

thats my two cents.
  • Makk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makk polycounter lvl 18
    I like Scoobys the best as well. Feels like a 3.0 design.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    Whenever i go to these kinds of sites i don't want to look to tons of text, i just want to see lots of cool work and see some badass artists doing cool shit, i really like whats going on with www.cgchannel.com - i like that design for a 3d art site more than any other site, more pictures less text, you go there, and you can totally see whats going on, no need to go through lots of text, no need to dig through lots of image galleries, you see whats hot, its all broken down vertically, so first up u got the articles/news and shit, all images, all thumbnails, very little text, then u got the store, u could have polycount tshirts, polycount training DVDs, whatever really, or a banner there. then you got the job listings, all with company logo thumbnails, then more crap, like top threads, whatever have you. Basically the only thing i would change about cgchannel is put the featured user artwork stuff up on the top, sort of like what sonic has going there, only everything below the art thumbnails would work like cgchannel.

i'm sure that'd probably take a bit longer to update on regular basis, but if you managed to set it up so that everything can be at least sort of automated it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm not really a coder or web guru, still i'm pretty sure it could be made manageble.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    mr_Rockstar: to me, sites like that have way way too much stuff going on on their front page, and it's hard for me to even navigate around through all the junk.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Well ya see, I agree with rockstar. But I disagree with x and agree with blah.

Oh wait, there's lot's of people in here disagreeing with each other! What a fucking surprise! Hate to sound like a smug fuck but kinda brings me back to my earlier point quite nicely dont it? ;-)

PS, that looks cool Scooby, and I like Ricks stuff too! LOL Also, where is Hawkens stab at things goddamit?! smile.gif

PPS: I am gonna make a Jean Luc Picard model just to spite Cheep goddamit ;-) I love modeling ze bald headed men