Home General Discussion

I *just* watched epi 2 and 3 of Star Wars and...

Replies

• Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    I don't think any of the prequels or sequels quite matched the original film. It was just a classic story. #5 came close, and was my second favorite. #6 was horrible IMO, as was #1.

I'd rank em - 4,5,3,2,6,1
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I think it says something that, even though I've seen Episode 2 at least 3 times, I still can't remember any of it other than Yoda flipping around with a lightsaber.
    Instantly forgettable. Usually you can tell with good movies, since they're memorable tongue.gif
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Mop: same, i cant remember a bloody thing about it. My parents gave it to me on DVD for xmas that year. It's still in plastic shrink wrap it came in.

-R
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i'd rather watch End of Days or Hudson Hawk than torture myself with ep1,2 and 3. The "nooooooooooo" at the end of ep3, i almost threw my popcorn at the screen!
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    I pretty much hated the prequels but there were a few good scenes .

* Podracing was pretty awesome

* Obi-wan flying through the astroid field with Fett SR. trying to kill him

* Swimming down to Jar Jar's home city ..pretty awesome especially the first time , also the huge creatures trying to eat the ship.

* Obi-wan riding around on that Dragon creature in Ep 3 and then chasing Grevus

* Yoda fighting ( the first fight anyways )

* The panning scenes of Coruscant

* Darth Maul

A few of other misc. cool scenes but 90% crap..ha none of the character building scenes I can even remember ..LOL what a waste of film .

edit** Anybody know who is going to Direct the Star Wars TV series ? Please tell me it's the guy who did Clone Wars
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The "nooooooooooo" at the end of ep3, i almost threw my popcorn at the screen!

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was that close to jumping up from my seat to yell "Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" just to see if anyone would laugh or throw popcorn at me... smile.gif
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i think some of the problems with the Prequels is Lucas' fondness of cutting together multiple takes to form the shot he wants. "I like how Padme reacts in this scene but Anakin reacts better in this other scene." so he cuts the two shots in half and splices them together. so you get two actors playing their parts but reacting to different direction/emotions/whatever. many of the subtleties between the actors are lost and makes the whole shot feel off or unatural.

lucas embodies both the good and bad of digital directing. amazing effects but no true 'play' between the actors.