Home Technical Talk

Materials Messed in Viewport Only (Maya 7.0)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
Hey, for some reason when I open a scene I'm working on all of my materials are tilted in the viewport. I don't know why the heck they are, it's not a problem with the UV's, or the material, they just are. And I kind of need them to be oriented right as they are my ref images. Also, if I render them they are fine.

If it matters my video card is an Asus GeForce 7800 GT. Anyways, any help on this would be great.

Thanks.

Replies

• Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    While I'm making a thread to bug you all, does anyone know of anywhere where I could get a decent reference image of a cool robot? I don't have time to draw one of my own with all my other assignments, and with the exception of Gundams(which I do not really like) there are none that I can find online. The only half decent one I could find was the Star Wars med bot, which isn't what I was looking for. So if anyone knows of any that'd be awesome! smile.gif (It's for an assignment).

Thanks again!
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    Ive had that problem before, but it happened when i brought a maya6.0 file into 7. I had to create a new material for it and reapply it to fix it. It would render fine it was only messed up int he viewport. Dont know what causes it but creating a new material worked for me. Also for the robot id do a transformer those things are cool and have a lot of detail.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try and it didn't work. I don't think it's an error with my file though. I tried making a new scene completely, making a plane, and putting the image onto it. Still was the same deal. And my viewports have been doing some wierd stuff in general. Could this be a problem with my gfx card or something? I shouldn't think so, maya was working fine (well, as fine as it's ever worked for me) a couple of weeks ago. I have however updated my drivers since then.

Anyways, anyone know anything else on this?

Thanks.

(Oh, and thanks for the suggestion on the robot. Still not my type of thing. I dunno why, but I've never been too terribly interested in any of the cartoon robots. frown.gif Ahh well, thanks again man)
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Theres an entire thread on cgtalk about maya display issues. Have you checked there?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3331357#post3331357
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome. Deffinatly haven't checked there, haven't ever really visited the CGtalk forums. Thanks for the link.

Though this is now possibly not a display issue, but a problem with the image file itself. I tried a different file and it worked, it's just the image files that I need for this project that are messed apparently. Which is odd, they're just .jpgs. Oh well, I'll resave them all or something, see if that works.

Anyways, thanks for the thread, I'm bookmarking it. smile.gif
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Speaking of CG Talk, I think I saw a post regarding this problem.. it's supposed to be an issue with the latest Nvidia drivers. Did you update recently?

And not to toot my own horn, but you could use my cool robot from the Dominance War.. hehe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/chrisdejoya/General/GeneralBlueprint-BF.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/chrisdejoya/General/GeneralBlueprint-L.jpg
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, updated around a week ago. Fartin thing. Oh well, I managed.

And I am deffinatly wishing that I had found out that I could've done your robot. Haha, I saw the concepts when you originally posted and thought they were really cool, would've loved to have modeled that for class. However, it's due tomorrow, no time now. frown.gif

Though if it's still alright iwth you I might try to model that guy as a personal project at some point. It's not often I get the chance to actually model from a cool concept. laugh.gif

Thanks