Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CyberAngel (!! Warning - Nudity!! )

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Crylar polycounter lvl 18
cyberangle6nc.png
Yoyo
Haven't pimped for some time, but this is what I was thinking for my general in the Dominance War, but I don't know when the dead line is or was so I don't know if I can enter the war.
But I'm conna make her anyways, and that is one of the concept pics, she really is one in a team of three, all go by the theme "space sexy", kind of.

Here is a WIP pic
cyberangelwip0016mw.png
She's conna be somewhat realistic but not totaly.

Note: This is my first bare breasted female model ever.

Comments and Crittics is very much appreciated.

Replies

• Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ooh, Comeon!
    Someone must have something to say, plz. I wan't to know!
    What did I do bad, what did I do good? Is the topology wrong? is the concept bad? is the wings a bad move?
    Tell me something!

Well... here is a progress WIP anyways.
    cyberangelwip0027iz.png
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Overall its coming along pretty well. Here are my crits, though:

Seems like her nipples got the most definition on the entire model. Can't exactly tell from the angle, but it looks like there's some funky bumps going on in her ass-cheek. The structure of the wings seems a bit odd, but could just be the awkward pose you modelled them in. If you're going after a bat/bird like wing, they probably shouldn't have that first small verticle length, and the third segment, what would be the forearm on a human, is too long. Looks like you've got her biceps just intercepting her shoulder-pads. Have you thought out animation? It could get tricky in some of the more extreme angles set up like that.

Though I must say, I'd get a pair of those under-roos for my girlfriend if they made 'em crazy.gif
  • Zatoichi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zatoichi polycounter lvl 18
    Yah, the wings are weird, look like plumbing and not functional. I love the concept sketch, but the 3d model could use some refining.
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tnx for the comments Sectaurs and Zaroishi.
    the nipples did have an unnecessary detail amount, I did reduse it a little. and I tried to smooth out the tush a bit and made it rounder. The Wings isn't for flying they will not have any skin or anything. They are more like an extra set of hands with long long sharp claws, and they will maybe become bigger and longer.The arms connected to the shoulders is one of the biggest problems, I don't want the mechanical parts to stretch. Usually I just let the mechanical parts stretch as the parts with bare skin. but after seeing that in to many games I god mad and though it had to be possible to make a model were the hard metal parts won't look soft and stretchy. this is one of the problems I'm currentöy pondering about. Same goes for the thigh connection with the body.

I'm very glad you like the concept pic grin.gif the pose and the clouthes come to my mind at the same time and I had to make a model of it.

And here is more WIP pics:
    cyberangelwip0051tg.png

I've been working on the legs, and with the "metal parts shouldn't bend" goal I had to work on the knee alot, I don't really like the outcome, but it's at least something.
    cyberangelwip0041vk.png

And here is them new butt-cheeks:
    cyberangelwip0065be.png
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Your concept just HAD to be the money shot, eh?

You're fired!
  • RE3456
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RE3456 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Your concept just HAD to be the money shot, eh?

You're fired!

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh, ElysiumGX you know you like it tongue.gif

The UV is in place, kind of (had to rush it a little)
    And so now the texture is in progress
    cyberangelwip0072sd.png
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texture is still going
    cyberangelwip0089wy.png
    cyberangelwip0097wk.png

More comments and critics is welcome, I need this done by tomorow, looking as it may.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great.

Nice and stylized, no real crits from me smile.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    The pure white highlights are killing it.

I hope you're planning on doing something with the skull-panty straps... right now they just stop and look odd.
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    no real crits, just a suggestion. i think you should use an alpha channel on the visor and make it a little see through so you can see her eyes. this would also be usefull for future skins for the model where you might not want a visor. this is a nice model...me likey
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, hight light on the visor looks odd,
    I don't know what you mean by "doing something", other then looking cool with the pose I don't have any thoughts.

Yeah some alpha on the visor might look good, I'll try it.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I meant the parts on either side, just above the black parts of her legs, they just end abruptly in a very square tab, looks odd, like they're pasted on. I think some sort of strap would make it look much more natural, or at least something other than the right-angles.
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aha, umm that might be true.

Better or worse?
    cyberangelwip0104br.png

[edit] Bah wtf, OID = OLD [edit]
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Hello Crylar

Model looking solid, not much to crit here really. I have a problem with how you painted the texture so far though. Right now she looks like she is made out of plastic, I mean you have absolutely no colour variation and it makes her look monochromatic, I also think your shading is a bit too contrasty as well. I did a paint over to show you what I mean, I hope you don't mind. I basically added blues to shadows and some orange to where skin is reflecting skin, etc.

[edit] I forgot to mention that I lowered the arch of the hips as well, they were way too high. Keep up the good work mate grin.gif [/edit]

paint-over.jpg
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tnx, that is exaktly what I needed, I just hope I can aply it on the model.
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick WIP with new skin:
    cyberangelwip0110vi.png
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Old pantys look better smile.gif
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Part of what looks odd about the wings, aside fron the very straight forms, is the lack of a second bone on the forearm. Bat wings have pretty much the same structure as human arms, they're just stretched out.

bat%20skeleton_JPG.jpg
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    this is coming along nicely the texture has a nice and clean style to it. maybe just give a tighter highlight to the armor parts? jsut a thought
  • Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very close to beeing done.
    cyberangelwip0146gk.png

The wings is structured like this
    cyberangelwip015wings7mt.png
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Giving her a radius bone (thats the second, thinner bone on the lower arm) would help sell the wings a bit more. Adding the bulbous joint parts to the ends of each bone would also help.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i'd love you forever for SDK'ing this motha...
  • raventengukabuto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raventengukabuto polycounter lvl 18
    Nice keep it up
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, not bad so far, but to me those wings look really flimsy... really thin bars that would break if you put any weight on them. Real wings always have a much wider part where it joins the body, since this is what has to hold the most weight... also the rest of the wing should be wider and taper toward the tips.

The texture is turning out quite well but so far you seem to be missing more darks... some darker fine detail and little extra pushes of contrast would help make the texture stand out a lot more. Also the legs and arms at the moment are pure grey and have no detail on, I'd suggest getting more colour into the shadows and highlights, maybe paint on a little subtle fake reflection, and get some interesting looking details like how the panels join, or something.

Also, the way her panties are attached doesn't make much sense.. are they glued on or something? Also give that green visor some more detail, it could look really cool if you make it look nice and translucent, futuristic maybe with text and info on it, or at least some sort of detail.

Hope that helps! smile.gif

Keep it up!
  • DeathKitten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathKitten polycounter lvl 18
    I don't know if she ever plans on walking on her feet, but if she were to do so on those shoes, she would stub her toe and fall on her face laugh.gif Generally with women's heeled or platform shoes the toe of the sole is rounded up to prevent it getting caught on things. I made a drawover to help demonstrate what I feel a more proper structure should be, I hope you don't mind.

cyber1oc.gif

Also, with her chubby inner thighs, maybe bring the vertexes in to make them more rounded, so they don't look so much like little flesh boxes shocked.gif

The rest of the model (panties aside) is looking really nice, keep it up smile.gif

-DK =^..^=
  • Tully
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tully polycounter lvl 18
    Definitely agree with deathkitten on the shoe thing. Her feet look waaaay too thin as well. A pointed toe might not be too bad, but you have to figure out how her feet are actually supposed to fit in there first. She does have more than two toes, right? Form follows function!

Slightly off topic, when did bum cracks hanging out become sexy? I remember when we used to tease people for having that happen. Some things are better when left to the imagination, I think. Butt cleavage being one of them.

The model's looking quite good though. It's come a long way since the beginning!
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    The foot might be cybernetic, though if Crylar is going to go that route he should play it up and make the foot even smaller.

On the subject of butt cleavage, I'm going to have to go with Tully, but then again as time's change so does what's considered openly sexual. I know there was an era where women beared their chests openly but showing a little shoulder was the height of indencey...