Home General Discussion

Bloodrayne the Movie?

cochtl
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
cochtl polycounter lvl 18
Did anyone even see it? I had no idea it was released on january 6 and to double check I looked through the older messages around that time and no one posted anything about seeing it or its release.

The critics laud is as being god awful and it has made almost no money compared to the costs needed to produce and maerket it. Check it:

rotten tomatoes

box office mojo

I checked my area and there are no theatres playing it. In fact, the few that did immediately removed the film from screening after only a week. It's a given that it was going to be bad but it came and went like nothing.

"I make movies.... IN THE NAME OF THE KING! ROFLOLLERS!!!1!"
-Love, Uwe

2005_uwe_boll.jpg

confused.gif

Replies

• rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    its the best movie ever made.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148099

Uwe Boll Calls it Quits?

He's mad and he's not gonna take it anymore.

by Jane Pinckard, 02/15/2006

Eurogamer has a lengthy article up about Uwe Boll, known to gamers worldwide as the biggest champion for movies based on videogames. Unfortunately, most gamers think Boll's movies fail to live up to their full potential. In the Eurogamer article, Boll has some choice words for them: "The dangerous thing right now is that a lot of people bash me without thinking about the movies. It's fashionable to hit on Uwe Boll, and this is what I don't get. And I don't get why this comes so harshly from the games press."

It's a great interview, with Boll's trademark abrasive openness going full bore. But Boll hinted that he may be getting out of the videogame-film game: "I won't say that I won't acquire another videogame licence in the future. But I'm not so eager to do it any more, to be honest. After Far Cry, maybe I'll go away from videogame-based movies. And everybody can be really happy about it."
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    don't watch it.

I downloaded it and watched about 5 minutes, then deleted the damn thing.

Then I used East-Tec Eraser to wipe those sectors free of Uwe Boll.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    And then made a better movie in five minutes using machinima and BR2 assets?
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I Watch Stuff actually posted the topless scene on release week to take away any reason anyone would ever have for wanting to pay good money to see the movie.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That was actually a really, really crappy topless scene too. I mean, it must take a certain amount of lack of skill to actually make Kristanna Loken's breasts not interesting in the least... but Uwe Boll managed it. Amazing.

Likewise, I didn't even know the movie had been released. Probably better that way.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Breaking news: No talent german director, with a hatred for gamers, can't take hint. Perhaps my hopes of this movie never being released, prevented me from learning it had already. Now we only have to wait til after FarCry for it to all be over. Hopefully FarCry won't take place on Mars, or New York in the 1930s.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I saw an ad for it on the side of the bus. Thats the closest I will get.

We need Rhinokey in here to give the opposite viewpoint.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Breaking news: No talent german director, with a hatred for gamers, can't take hint. Perhaps my hopes of this movie never being released, prevented me from learning it had already. Now we only have to wait til after FarCry for it to all be over. Hopefully FarCry won't take place on Mars, or New York in the 1930s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, missed his biggest. DS2. I think it's in post production now. It got the most money put into it, and has a good cast... hahaha, dunno that it'd make a diff, but we shall see.

On a side note, though it is fun to make fun of the guy, I think that as gamers, we should give him some respect too.

Though his movies might suck, having game based movies is a huge thing for the game industry as is now, pulling it more to the mainstream. He's the one that's been pushing for it. Even if he does it badly, atleast he does it.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Hes does it but after hes done doing it no one wants to touch that licence to make a big budget movie. So in a way hes killing the franchises ability to later become a good movie.

Awareness or not, he sucks!
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Hold on a second, since when has going mainstream been a good thing? Isn't that the root of the majority of problems in the industry right now? Endless sequels, mindless rehases of old franchises, crappy award shows, glitzy conventions, shortened deadlines, dumbed-down gameplay, oversaturation of the market, skyrocketing production costs, death to innovation and creativity...

Uwe Boll making mainstream crap is just one more reason to hate the guy.