Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Natural Selection Shotgun >_>

Lord Killmore
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lord Killmore polycounter lvl 18
well hi xD
im started Playing NS some time ago and somehow felt like doing some custom stuff for it xD
well anyway heres what i´ve got so far *Heavy WIP*
shotty3.jpg
shotty4.jpg

made by this concept :

tr307yd.jpg

well still heavy wip i still need to fix a lot of things but my real prob is, i was sondering how i should built the "connection "between those 2 barrels so i can animate it right >_>

anyway just thought i could post something of my n00bish work here soo yeah thats it xD

Replies

• LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    That looks interesting man. It's not everyday that designers consider practical features for their designs laugh.gif I like the result a lot!
  • Lord Killmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh sorry forgot to mention that the concept is not by me >_< i wish it would be though its a great one ^^
    still the reloading process gives me probs >_>
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    Perhaps modifying the concept a bit. Not a bad model, it just seems that this thing would be horrendously slow to load compared to a standard double barrel. The double barrel reload procedure has 3 easy steps, either flick or fold the barrel down, reload, close. This thing has 5, which aren't exactly that easy to pull off, plus clumping 3 shells together would be just like firing 1 big shell. *shrugs* Cool model though. Waiting to see the texture for this one. If you're going to animate reload, perhaps a pump or something on it that would automate the process of pulling the barrell foward and to the left once the ammo is spent, and ejecting the spent shells.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    I'm with illusions on the mechanics of it. It would be horrendous to work with that type of reload mechanism.
    However, if you do have to build it like that simply leave the middle hinge rails as separate parts and put a joint at each end so they can pivot properly.
  • Option
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Option polycounter lvl 18
    maybe if you hadn't lifted that concept off of Thatamos from CDG without telling him, it might be Ok...I know its from there because I offered to model this for him a while back but it never really came together..
  • Lord Killmore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *cough*dude?
    Thatamos DID give me that concept on the NSarmslab forums >_>
    i asked for some concepts n stuff to model and he gave me this one.
    Im not one of those guys that take others stuff without having permission >_>

as for the reloading process i guess ill just make it look like the 2 barels are 1 shot.since NS Shotgun got 8 shots ill just animate it so he puts 2 bullets in each barrel.no that stick thats posted there xD

as for the skin, dont expect too much im kinda a n00b when it comes too metal skins ^^
  • Option
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Option polycounter lvl 18
    alright, I wasn't aware that he had posted it there, as the thread I was referring to was quite a while back (at least 3 months). Sorry.