Home General Discussion

increadible fight sequence from kong

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
might be a little bit of a spoiler, obviously one of the main confrontations in film since its on all the movie posters.. the scene ends right before kong really kicks the dinos ass but still a very suspensful few minutes of wonderfully coreographed fighting between two beasts, check it out if you dont mind sneeking a little peek.. the quality isnt the greatest, but its straight from the kong website so i am betting its as good as your going to get..

http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/movies/kvtrex.mov

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    impressive scene.

However, theres no way that girl could survive all the falls she went through in the scene, not to mention all the thrashing about. She went through at least 4 seperate 50+ foot falls...
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Nice! Thats peaked my interest. smile.gif
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    impressive scene.

However, theres no way that girl could survive all the falls she went through in the scene, not to mention all the thrashing about. She went through at least 4 seperate 50+ foot falls...

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a 50 foot gorilla jumping around fighting dinosaurs, and the part you can't believe is the falling?
    laugh.gif hahahaha
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    pfft. Dont give me that crap. Its obviously about the suspension of disbelief.

If the blond girl suddenly floated around and waved her arms and turned kong into a cricket, would you tell me I should believe that too? After all, there ARE t-rex's and giant monkeys in it.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lighten up serious pants.. we all knew what you ment.. but isnt the point of movies like this just over the top action? i dont see anything very believible about the whole thing, any of it.. but thats why its kinda cool. if it were a normal size gorilla vs an alligator i dont think it would be half as cool. likewise, if she would obey all laws of physics i would be board to tears with how restrictive the whole scene would be where none of the movements or impacts could be more than 7 feet in distance and take place at more than 30 miles an hour or she would be dead. the impossible and fantastical are entertaining. i am not telling you to believe anything, but her turning kong into a cricket is about as "real" and plausable as the concept of a 50 foot gorilla.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    they are on giant monkey / dinosaur island so sure i can believe theres giant monkey / dinosaurs in it! but uless they wrote a part in th script where teh girl mentions casualy "oh i'm imune to heights" then she should go splat!
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    but then who whold turn kong into a cricket?
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    I would rather her armpits be able to conjure up applesauce and the whole premise of kong even wanting her is for her hot apple saucey pits of love wink.gif

That said, I would think that 9 ton dinos would surely die if they were thrown and while airborne they performed a somersault onto some moss covered sharp rocks. Their own weight along with gravity and momentum would kill or cripple them instantly. It’s not like they are built like a lion or a gorilla who are designed to absorb shock through their extremities when they land, and they have to land on them for that to happen (and those creature weigh a few hundred pounds). So if they can perform acrobatic stunts w/out worrying about death, and if kong’s leg muscles don’t tear off when a –trex is grabbing onto it for dear life AND he can get mauled in the arm and take the hit so that he can save his apple sauce excreting treasure, then she can surely take 50, hell even 300 foot falls with her skimpy clothes (complete with anti-gravity Teflon modules) and still be ok.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    aesir, obviously the full effect of gravity is reduced on that island based on it magnetic flux in comparison with the earths. Why do you think it allowed a gorilla to grow so large?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    She sucks as a tag team partner

Good clip. I kind of have to side with aesir on this one though. That was one of the first things I noticed when I saw the original trailer. Not that I'm putting too much into it, just something that crossed my mind, about how her neck would have snapped with the way she was caught. Things like that shouldn't exist and snap you back to reality. Yes, you're accepting all the other fictional items, but it's like a fiction overload. Just something that could have been handled better, but not a big deal.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I was not too excited about this movie being to tell you the truth. But damn, it looks very promising. smile.gif

Alex
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    the monkey is just really gentle...
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    my monkey isnt nearly as gentle...
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Badass! If I were her, I would'nt need to shit for a year.