Home General Discussion

wow great week

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
wife decides to leave me . man what a shock. my mind is in bits. weird really . never thought it would come to this
I was just reading about daz and what happend to him a while ago, but never thought my life would go the same way

I am staying drunk until the pain goes away.,
On a positive note, my normal map work is improving. and I am still good looking:)

I was thinking of just cathing a plane to somewhere this weekend, but will probably change my mind . ooo.gif

Replies

• JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Aw man frown.gif

Really sorry to hear that. Try and keep your head up frown.gif
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    cheers man. I am watching red dwarf to cheer me up
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, I'm sorry man. Keep your head up.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    ahh it ok.
    Its starnge though,no matter how bad i ever feel doing art always makes me feel batter.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    jesus mate I am so truly sorry. I wasn't married but we were together for 7 years so might aswell have been. I don't know what to say to make you feel any better. All those old cliches about plenty more fish in the sea are bollocks frankly. Are you sure there's definitely no chance of a reconciliation? I used to try and remind myself of how it was possible to be happy before we even met, and I used to think really hard about the bad aspects that came with her. Like the fact that I couldn't stand her parents! I'd dwell on the negative to try and make myself feel better about it. Silly really!
    Try not to turn to the bottle too much! It'll numb the pain for a bit but it'll do no good in the long run. Chin up mate! Normal map success is good! ;-)
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    good luck to you. I wish the strength to get through this.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn that sucks... I hope you pull through ok, it sounds like you will. The bottle keeps the pain at arms length but it won't make it go away, it just waits until you dry out then it really goes to town on ya.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah thanks guys. we will probably part on amicableish( is that a word) terms, but there seems to be little chance of things returning to normal.

we were together for ten years and seems most of the time we were kind of stressed to some degree, so perhaps its for the best.

ironically its actually geting a break in the games industry which seems to have killed things.
    She hated it whenI could dn't get a job, but now I have a well paid job, I never have the time for her
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry to hear that man. Work can be a good distraction.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    sorry to hear that man...buy yourself a drink from me
  • Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    Don't overdo the drink.
    I hope you work through this with the minimum pain and as quickly as possible. Good luck to you!
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    That's sad to hear man. It sounds as if you're going through some pretty major life-changes. I hope your family can help? Things will settle out eventually, but this will always be a part of your life, so don't shut it out. I truly wish you well.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry man, been there and know what it is like. As cliche' as it sounds just remember that the pain really is only temporary.

Best advice I can probably give you at this point is to NOT call her when you are drunk. You will really regret it later.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Good luck ruz... i hope your doing well. Having the same sort of week here too so your not alone man. If you need to rant you can always catch me on MSN (n30g3n3s1s@hotmail.com) or AIM (n30g3n3s1s).
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah. Remember guys, Friends dont let Friends Dial Drunk!
    Seriously Ruz, good luck. Women...sheesh!
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    sorry to hear this man, I don't know alot of things, but i do know that women usually create all kinds of complications... meh i dunno man.

Normal map your way to success man smile.gif

Instead of the bottle I would highly recommend doing art... or well u can combine the two smile.gif whatever works, but just a bit of personal experience, to me art has always been something that would love me no matter what, something that would never cheat or lie, good or bad, its mine, it would never betray, art will always be there ready to be tapped and explored, ready to swallow you whole. It has always been my escape and salvation in times like these, hopefully it can be that for you too.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    yup ruz, been there before, know how bad it hurts, it will get better with time, just take it slow
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Damn Ruz, sorry to hear that man. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years, and I'm not sure what I'd do if the same happened. Please do go easy on the bottle, though. My father went through a horrible binge after my mom left him, and he became quite broken after that.
    Concentrate on work, friends and good memories.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Seriously might be the best thing that ever happned to you . Nothing you could have done to change her leaving ...well unless she did it for a reason . Anyways when my ex-wife left me for another guy I was depressed for like a week then started working out and lost some weight , started dressing real nice and started dating like a true man whore ...probebly the best time of my life . Anyways sorry about your news but maybe it will turn out for the best , good luck to yah smile.gif
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    I didnt read thorugh all this game artist crap, but if you love her, SERIOUSLY, get back to her... I hate if love gets screwed by the job...

Anyway, I am REALLY sorry for you in any matter.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shimmer I wonder if LOVE so to speak has been shatterd to the point of your wife wanting to leave that you can ever get back what once was .. It's not like he was beating on her , drank to much , used drugs , cheated on her ..he was just working hard to make a better life for her and himself .. sounds like he should move on and find someone that appreciates him and what he does and brings to a relationship . Some woman just don't appreciate anything you do for them and some do . Anyways really hard to give someone advice on this kind of thing without knowing the full dynamics of the relationship I think .
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    Pogonip, just shut up.... Really, its not that simple. Its just so conservative... Please be so kind, shut up...

I do not want to eleborate.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I have also been in a situation where I desperately "loved" someone and wanted them back but they did not want the same. "Try and win them back" is the worst possilble advice you can give someone in this situation. This is not the movies; trying to win someone back that you are still "in love" with but they don't "love" you it is like beating your head against a wall.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking of just cathing a plane to somewhere this weekend, but will probably change my mind . ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not really qualified to give you an advice as my life is pretty f***ed-up too, but going on a trip to the ocean where it is nice and warm, and somewhere it is quite lonely and you can do a nice campfire on the beach and sit there all night long can really do wonders (but only if you are the type of person who can deal with lonelyness easily).

Anyways good luck!
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Pogonip, just shut up.... Really, its not that simple. Its just so conservative... Please be so kind, shut up...

I do not want to eleborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuck you dipshit I hardly said anything offensive ...pull that stick out of your ass ..idiot...snarl.gif
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Pogonip, don't you know you are some jack-booted conservative nazi if you expect your wife to keep her wedding vows?

Man, if my wife did that to me I woud say 'good riddance'. Sure I would be tore up 'cause I love her so much, but life goes on.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    sorry ruz. like rhinokey said, just take it slow, taking it one day at a time. we're here for you, for whatever that's worth.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I'm sorry to hear about that, but really, lay off the booze. I haven't seen my dad since I was born because of it. I know it's hard as hell to deal with, but if you make it a habbit it can really make your life more miserable.

Just gotta keep on keepin on, it'll be a slow process, but you'll make it
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Pog and Shimmer, I think whats happened is somewhat the opposite reaction to the same situation for you both. So Shimmer sees Pogs attitude as wrong Pog, while Pog see Shimmers as overly dramatic.

Anyhow, this is supposed to be for Ruz. I hope you find your way out of the bottle. I also wish when I got more depressed, art would become easier versus harder like it seems to for you. Hmm.. Maybe I should get pernamently pissed.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your right OXY ..sorry RUZ I just wanted to help you feel better , everything will be ok im sorry for your situation and I can deffinatly relate like I said my wife left me too frown.gif ..but in the end I was better for it ..it was'nt meant to be .
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    thans for the advices and compassion people. appreciate it.
    yeah least i have my artwork to get lost in.

Its true rockstar, artwork always helps me , whatever. its the one constant in my life.

Hmm why are people attacking pogonip?, just trying to be helpful.
    No point arguing about who has the best advice here.

I did n't really drink that much anyway last night, just drowning my sorrows a little.
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Ruz. Been in the same position myself (still going through the divorce paperwork). The best thing to do at the moment is not shut yourself away at home with art and alcohol. Get togther with friends, go to the cinema, bowling, dinner.

From what you said, I'm guessing you have just grown apart as people. Sticking together through adversity until the goal was reached, except the goal just brought more challenges.

Take this as an opportunity to become 'yourself' again. Doing things that make you happy. A little art, a few laughs with friends, and the help of the polycount divorcee support group wink.gif

My thoughts are with you.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    GL dude, I wish ya all the best. Along with my GF went my confidence and the ability to make responsible judgement calls. i'd be weary of making any life altering descions. Everyone is different I guess, but I just thought I'd share.

GL bro, I hope you feel better soon smile.gif

-R
  • JBoskma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
    It's better to have known love then to not have known love at all. Keep your head up man, you'll get through it.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Plenty more fish in the sea!
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    I doubt the man wants to date a fish.

Sorry for your trouble, Ruz; but at least now you have plenty of money for you from your well-paid job, no? wink.gif Take a trip somewhere and bring your sketchbook and camera.

Frank the Avenger
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Enjoy the depression, you may never be this low again.
    Channel it into your work for a while.
    Then pick yourself up and get on with things.
    This is just one more emotion you now understand and can call upon when it's needed for your art or empath with other people the rest of your life.

The facts of life are that the interesting people are the damaged ones, the undamaged ones that have steered a course through life without incident tend to be pretty boring unintelligible sheep.

You just got more interesting smile.gif

r.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I'm no good at offering advice or support so I just wanted to post to let you know we're all here for you.