Home General Discussion

Workspaces and desks

r13
founder
Offline / Send Message
r13 founder
this is my workspace at soe, thought it'd be cool to share.

<a href="http://www.polycount.net/r13/pics/soe-desk-2005.jpg"&gt;
soe-desk-2005-s.jpg</a>

Replies

• JBoskma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JBoskma polycounter lvl 18
    Nice solution for a bigger wacom. Sweet place rogue =] Btw, what's with the powerposting from your side all of the sudden? hehe smile.gif
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but what the hell. You spend 15+ hours a day in one spot, you feel the need to show it off. I have hip new specs now, so this pic doesn't show off the true me, haha.

mework.jpg
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I love having 3 monitors :P

PC_System_by_rwolf.jpgLarger
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    Picture will follow, but I have a ridiculous setup with an extra desk in front of the actual desk, for the keyboard, mouse, and intuos3. I have 2 screens, a 17" Samsung flatscreen and a 19" ViewSonic, both CRT. CPU's under the desk, it's a P4 2.8 with 1 gig of RAM.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Here's mine at home.. Not shown, I just got a new TC 4200 Tablet PC with 1.7GHz Pentium M, with 1.5Gig of RAM.. I just love doodling in sketchbook pro all the time at work.. laugh.gif

deskarea.jpg
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    heres mine after an evening of hard drinking!

IMG_1473.jpg
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Man you got the set R13
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    breathe out, and relax...

34390891_100.jpg
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    man, don't let r13 fool you. As you notice, that picture is a variety of pictures stitched together. He just took pictures of random desks out of catalogs and magazines and put them together to put forth the image of a viable workplace.

He actually works out of a closet next to a sewage drain. True story.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    shower curtain and a bedsheet
    deskani.gif
    ge-he-he-he-heeeeettoooooooooo
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    r13, the Herman Miller Aeron is truly the philospher-king of office chairs, is it not? Its sweet mesh seat never disappoints. When my office gets moved to a different floor in January, I had BETTER get to keep mine, iftheyknowwhatsgoodforthem. crazy.gif

/jzero
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    neversoft_office_pano_small.jpg

It only breaks the board formatting a little. I'm 146C with the bicycle.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    damnit poop!!!! you got photoshop resize that crap!!

here is my temp space in austraila
    notice no key board.. all my shortcut keys are programmed into the nostromo.. little guys is cool.. has upto 4 different layouts
    that can be cycled with one button.. making it possible for each app i use most to have its own layout.. i never touch the keybord now
    when making the arts..
    AND HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP LOOK HOW BIG THE CHOCOLATE BARS ARE HERE!!! DONT POKE ME I AM FULL OF CHOCOLATES!!

10000233dz.jpg
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    thats an interesting setup Arsh, I might have to try that myself. Are you using the A5 wacom there? Mine is bigger than my laptop... I've taken to plugging both of my wacoms in now, using the shortcut keys on the large wacom gets confusing enough, how do you remember all those on that thingie you're using?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    yeah i found its pretty niffty..i like being close to the screen when i paint and i hate bending over the pad and keyboard to get there..

it took me a little while to configure the nostromo and i still change keys sometimes.. its good because you can constantly update the layout if things change or you find yourself doing one thing more than the other..
    to learn the layouts i made little guides.. the keys on it numbered.. so i made sheets with what numbers the shorcuts were.. after about a week you really start to remember them and within 2 or so its second nature..you kind of learn them while your programming.. i suggest to program the keys as you need them instead of working out a layout first.. your layout could suck but if you say hey i want to delete that, what would be a good key for that.. how much do i use it? the best part is you can program macros.. so ctrlZ is now one key and ctrlS is now one key.. there is 23 programible keys and a scroll wheel that you can use to cycle through stuff.. i find it more than enough in most cases..

i miss it though.. i took a trip with my girlfriend and left it at home and now all i got to use is her crappy mac.. looking at that picture again makes me want to find a store open at 3am and buy one of those awesome chocolate bars..
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Everybody has such nice wacoms, I have a 4x5 graphire 2...

Here's my set up at art school, I'm currently living in a 2 story condo with 3 other people.
    Room003.jpg
    Room002.jpg

The AGP slot on PC got fucked on the ride over here, so now I'm back to working on my laptop. I really want my desktop back...
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    jb: power posting? hadnt considered it... just trying to be more connected i guess. sometimes i keep everything at arm's length, but i've vauguely decided that i need to be less grumpy and more friendly. or at least try...

poop: i can't believe it but cheapie is a better image poster than you. thats right, you are less than gargs.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    These threads are always a reminder to clean up a little.
    deskoct05.jpg

I'm looking for a better desk, one not made for corners. This one looks odd in my new apt.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    workspace.jpg

Dont have much room for my Wacom, but after I get a 2405FPW that will all change! =)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Am i the only one here who textures without a wacom?
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    R13 you win the contest because you have the aeron chair! I just bought one of these for my home with the EA discount. Best purchase I have ever made that was computer related. Wow the work space at SOE looks super ghetto.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    TGZ - you're NUTS smile.gif

Adam, I'm coming to Canada to take your damn McFarlane figures! laugh.gif You're actually using the EXACT same Viewsonic monitors that I have at home. Quite nice.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    TGZ, I texture with a mouse about 85% of the time. The tablet is more for concepting... which I am doing a lot of in Max aswell.

Josh, sweet!

PS: My keyboard > all other keyboards