Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Armitage's gun

spider2cool
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
a couple years back I modeled Armitage herself. I even did a lesser quality version of this gun too. that was a long time ago and I had a much lesser quality 3d modeling program. well I am remodeling the gun for now. I will probably remake armitage too. but that will be later. for now here is the untextured gun and the references I used. those were the best refs i could get. if anybody has any better ones to share, I would appreciate it. C&C welcome.
sgununtextured7df.th.jpg
references4cr.jpg

Replies

• EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    first of all, you got the gun correctly shape-wise, I think. But there are some tiny things:
    -You should create some horizontal edges on that giant n-sided polygon in the handle(using present vertices) to make it shade good. Dividing it into quads will work.
    -There are some vertices I would weld in the trigger area.
    -I think you should work with smoothing groups/hard edges on the front end(the barrel side) of the gun to make that hard edges to look actually sharp. Also there are some n-sided poly's waiting to be quadified in that area too smile.gif
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    here is an update with the texture.
    texturedforshowfinished6mk.th.jpg
    I have modeled Armitage and she can be found here:

http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=76256&an=0&page=0#76256

I am going to make a seperate texture for the gun for armitage to go with her color scheme.