Home General Discussion

I apologize for all Americans.

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    No offense Asherr, but its a little deeper than right versus left. It about someone who has alot of influence basically making threats against a foreign president (and uninformed ones also with the power vaccuum his "idea" would create in Syria).

Please, please tell me when any of your right versus left mentality has produced that from the other side? The threat of assination?

Oh and I also have watched him... Scary. I was with a friend at the time, never even heard of O'Reilly before. Started listening to the pure fear and hatred coming out of his mouth and told my friend why was he even watching this? He was like "What Dude? Hes so funny to watch."

Ah, yes. Amused to Death.

I think its time we brought back up The Political Compass.

EDIT:
    LOL @ ElysiumGX .. (I recognize the source wink.gif )
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hey Asherr. SHUT UP! I don't care what you have to say. My job is to find your weakness and win this debate with false information. Ok. Just shut up! Cut his mic. Get the fuck out of my studio.

[/ QUOTE ]HAHAHA that's exactly why I hate that guy!
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    yep same about the same place as i got last time on the politcal compass, floating around Ghandi. were you trying to imply something Oxy? smile.gifwink.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's time you stopped mucking up General discussion with your jabber jaw and started making art to post in Pimping and Previews for once. There are plenty of forums for people interested only in political discussion, GD is for actual contributing members to talk about general stuff.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    AMEN Brother Poop!!
    cgchat
    cgtalk
    3dtotal..
    all these forums are not littered with politcal BS but a place where creative people come together and form a community.. not a ring with two corners where two sides go at it about stuff that has nothing to do with art or 3d or games.. its not conducive to a creative atomosphere and there are a million places on the internet to talk about this crap.. i am also a big fan of modern art, but i know this isnt the place, and have the common sense to know that people here probably dont care and there are plenty of places i can go and talk about it at.. even though talking about art on a game art forum is a million times more relevant that politics..i dont post about it here.. what i do is try and contribute to one common ground we all share.. 3d and realtime art...
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    poop for president!
    SNAP crackle and pop.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    i'll 2nd Poop's nomination!!! i can see the look of fear in ANY foreign leader's eyes now.

Random Foreign Leader: "Their new President's name is WHAT?!?!?"
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's time you stopped mucking up General discussion with your jabber jaw and started making art to post in Pimping and Previews for once. There are plenty of forums for people interested only in political discussion, GD is for actual contributing members to talk about general stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best...post...ever...
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    the only shame is that people will listen to what is said on TV.

what the hell is the bush administration doing in Iraq anyways. they should just bring everyone home and appologise.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I could rant on your statement, hawk, but I won't smile.gif

My politcal compass:
    left/right: -3.63
    Libertarian/Auoritarian: 0.56

Quite fun to mess around with smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -5.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.21

I share the same spot with The Dalai Lama. Interesting.

I'm tired of these political threads on the forum because it seems to be impossible to maintain a respectable discussion. Much like Mr. O'reilly. It either becomes a joke, or a battle of egos. Not eggos. The topics simply don't belong in this crowd of young and politically unaware. Even myself. I expected better from a community of "artists". But I'm not going to let my political stance affect my friendships any longer. We can't be so easily labeled.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Economic Left/Right: -2.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.74
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Economic Left/Right: -2.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    Economic Left/Right: 3.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.38
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Poop said:

I always thought GD or Misc. was for this Poop, perhaps I was incorrect. I left here a little over a year ago, found a new home & happy there.

No offense to polycount, always first love and all, but hec I love to talk, the joke is in person I say very little, almost to an anti-social shy point. but online, blabbermouth. Polycount is not conducive for it, your super, talented Professionals, but many carry that volatile temperment that is hot tempered & emotional. I am also that way, raises hand. But my alternate site we flip threads right n left all day long with ease & open minds.

And you know what, those more Liberal Members actually have changed my viewpoints on tons of things. Taught me how to debate flamefree & enjoy both sides or who cares sides. Sure things stilll get hot, but sometimes heat reforges personalities & viewpoints, mores & preheld convictions. Not all bad imho.

Well I said too much already, you Guys take care.

Glen
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    That chart is lame. I used it once, and because my answers were on opposite extremes, I came out as a moderate. Whatever.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In short Poop... No. :P Its a thread, You dont have to contribute. Also you have NEVER commented on anything I ever posted so stop telling me to do it (when I do) because you yourself dont even bother.

This is shit we need to know. We can La La La lets make art Te hhe. While shit goes on around us. Its the general forum. If r13 or others want to make some rules that no such discussions happen again for all, that up to them.

The other boards you mention BTW while having great art, are also more formal, and you dont get nearly as much interaction and discussion between members.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oxy: The post you made to create this thread did not set the stage for a scholarly deliberation of politics. Like many attempts (9/11 theories anyone?). No post you've made within the discussion has served to improve its direction. Others will find your weakens and exploit it. I do not want you apologizing for me due to the actions of one ignorant media influence who does not speak for me or anyone but himself. And I do not want you degrading the image of those who share the same political beliefs as I do, adding more fuel to the fire of those who oppose our opinions.

If you would simply care to have a conversation on the effects of those representing an influential portion of american media introducing the idea of assassinating foreign leaders disobedient to our country's demands, then go for it. Otherwise, don't be surprised how many find this topic pointless. This is an art forum after all. Now, I have work to do.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would you have said the same of the thread started over Buchanans same remarks?

It wasnt meant for scholary diliberation, it was showing frustration, and attempts to let people know since this is a international board, that not all americans are in fact hypocritical nuts.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I think we know that not all Americans are hypocritical nuts. It's just unfortunate that those hypocritical nuts are the ones that get most media coverage smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    i'm a hypocritical nut, where's my news coverage!

(pointless post, sorry)
    (course that didnt stop me either)
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Heh, wasn't this thread about Bill O'Reilly?
    He hit on his producer at dinner one night by trying to talk to her about his favorite sex toys.

O'Reilly == dildo (obviously)

Poop, don't be the Little Himmler of the boards, now.

/jzero
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    You know, if people didn't post in these threads they would drop off the bottom of the page and possibly cease to exist here eventually. So all of you that are anti-anythingbut3dandgamestuffonpolycount.com would probably be serving your cause better by just ignoring these kinds of threads altogether.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    *topic is now locked because AZ posted his opinion in it*
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    why not replace GD with one of those "in browser" IRC channels?
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two reasons. One it'd be hard to ask for product recommendations. Two I'd get banned.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    why not merge GD and 2d 3d? then we could have a nice mix of software questions and political rants! wink.gif
  • jackson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jackson polycounter lvl 18
    oxynary, i didn't bother to read through the thread, and i also don't believe something political should be on a 3D modelling site. 1 more thing b4 my opinions, disliking O'reilly, or saying that people that watch his show are in the klan, is a stereotype we need to avoid. A stereotype similar to all arabs being terrorists.
    ANy way here's my opinion, read OPINION, The fact of the matter is that many, not all, middle eastern countries do hate America no matter what they do. I won't say all, but many. Also, you are taking what he said out of context, what he said is that he should be assassinated to avoid more deaths. What would you rather see, an assassination of a politician (which are all evil, Republican democrat, liberal or conservative), or a war leading to many American and (i forget the the other country, was it Syria?) and foreign deaths?
    A question you have to ask yourself about this isn't an easy one, in this case it could be "Do the needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few?" While I believe that this leader has the right to not assist America, I do not think (incoming opinion) it is morally right to shelter terrorists. Now, hypothetically, suppose there are terrorists there and we know it for fact. I would say go capture the suspects and avoid as many civilian casualties as possible. It would come down to another hard question "Are foreign deaths more important than American deaths?" That is a question you have to answer yourself because it is opinion based. I think that death sucks all around, but I would see foreign deaths before American ones.
    Thats the end of my rant and I want to leav 2 things behind, remember 1) the media will only air things that will catch viewers, right now everything is aired with bias, primarily anti-america bias. 2) You're right O'Reilly doesn't speak for all Americans, but you know what? Neither do you.
  • jackson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    read this with a grain of salt

hypocrisy makes up america! And I'm proud of that! Without your pot smoking "maek love not war" hippies America would be hated by everybody even more, without you backwater country rednecks flexing their muscles than America would never have been freed from British control!
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    read this with a grain of salt

hypocrisy makes up america! And I'm proud of that! Without your pot smoking "maek love not war" hippies America would be hated by everybody even more, without you backwater country rednecks flexing their muscles than America would never have been freed from British control!

[/ QUOTE ]

Those who sought independence from Britain were not what I would call "rednecks." They were intellectuals, and mostly liberal. I know you said to take it with "a grain of salt," but I think it should be taken with a pound of salt, and better to be disregarded altogether.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    O'Reilly doesn't speak for all Americans, but you know what? Neither do you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mature. You're new, an obviously young, so I'd be careful of first impressions if I were you. Read through the thread next time.
  • jackson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To oxynary, in response to a private message, who blocked me and i chose to drag this out, elysium, this is what could be regarded as immature arguing on the internet.
    "Listen dipshit,
    A: Dont drag out old threads so you can add your two cents. Especially when you have nothing to add. Your own writing shows you know less about the situation than even I. Lets talk about the greater good and how taking out the Syrian Predident will make a vacuum causing even more instability in the region. Or hasn't the Iraq and Afgan example gotten through to you yet?

Next time before you open your mouth, why dont you do a bit of research and think for yourself."

I never claimed to know less about his situation, i never claimed to know more! You are the dipshit bud, jumping on with a personal attack, i never attacked anyone (until now admittedly immature). as far as research, I have and you know what? we've done a lot more good than harm in Iraq. AS far as the Syrian leader, i said we did not have the right to attack his country, but we would do it anyway, thats how this country works. All I wanted to do was avoid needless casualties. You bring up political instability, and you are right, but at the least it is life. What you should have learned is that America will go into a country and attack. Afterward, they would atleast put forth an effort to take care of the country JUST LIKE IN IRAQ OR AFGHAN. We dropped food to a country of people that hated us because they were brought up brought up hating us.
    Elysium,
    Maybe you're right about having read through the thread, and i will soon, but accusing me of being immature when this guy has the audacity to claim he speaks for all americans is also immature isn't it? I am new and I am pretty young, I'm 18. but age does not matter when you voice an opinion. all i did was state my opinion in response to his opinion. You're probably a good modeler, you've been here longer than I have, but I am mature enough to not attack some one over an opinion.
    Keyser,
    It was a joke dude, chill. Kind of a correlation between now and then. According to my AP US History book, 20-30% of americans favored war. 20-30% were loyalist and anti-war, 40-60% were openly neutral similar to now, i think.
  • jackson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    read the thread and my viewpoints did not change all i voiced was my opinion in comparison to other opinions
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Okay, I'm just going to make one final comment before I avoid this thread like the plague. Jackson, if you're going to type long posts, please at least structure them so that they are readable (paragraphs, line breaks, etc).
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jackson: Ok. Which part of "private message" are you having trouble reading? also, this thread was on its way down. your point was already made. this discussion is over. play nice. and stop double posting.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    no way.. lets keep being assholes!!! casue political threads are the best part of polycount!! we all love them.. and we all walk away enlightened and ready to change the world.. they bring forth more friendships and kindness than coke and pepsi combined..oh if only the rest of the world could handle politics the way we do there would be world peace and more rainbows and never ending sunshine lollipops for everyone.. lets keep this baby going forever .. only good can come from a political thread.. screw art all together we should replace pimping previews with polytics!! and we can have these meaningful life changing disscusions all day long around the campfire that is the internet and eat smores..
    Best Friends Forever or BFF for short!!!
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My anus apologizes for America, north south or central- It don't matta'.

BFF Polycount!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think my girlfriend just dumped me
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure, she said she wants some "time" apart. Well baby, you're in Japan and I'm in England.

is this the end?
  • jackson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elysium,
    Yes my point was made, but he verbally attcked me for having an opinion. Bad decision, yeah maybe, but i was a little pissed. I would have pmed him back but he blocked me.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dude, Hawken. Your girlfriend dumping you probably deserves it's own thread
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    OK, this thread has made it's way to the flame war bucket. Off to the closed bin it goes.

How about no more of these threads for a while?
This discussion has been closed.