Home General Discussion

I apologize for all Americans.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
First, you the world had to listen to Pat Buchanan's nutty banter. Now this from O'Reilly.

I apologize. frown.gif

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add this to the list of things we say behind closed doors and not on TV. I think someone forgot he was on TV and thought he was in a seceret cabnet meeting at the white house...
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I don't think America as a nation needs to apologize for 1 dipshit on TV. If that were the case, we'd be apologizing for Jerry Springer, The Simple Life, Surreal Life, etc.

He doesnt fucking speak for me. I didnt elect him into any office...and? Nobody did I think right? I mean, he's just some dude on TV. A political commentator.

Other nations have political commentators elected & otherwise who openly advocate all kinds of horrific shit against the US. I dont see them or the citizens of those nations tripping all over themselves to apologize.

All that said: O'Reilly is a tool. God, I want to believe that these people cant really be that stupid, but...they just keep letting me & all of us down.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Other nations have political commentators elected & otherwise who openly advocate all kinds of horrific shit against the US. I dont see them or the citizens of those nations tripping all over themselves to apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, name one that has called for the assination of a foriegn president that doesnt come froma a nation we dont consider a "terrorist/axis" here.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Not that I'm pro-assassination but don't apologize for me. This guys an idiot but then he's on fox...
    Plus, there are people calling for the death of every american, I don't see anyone jumping to apologize to us for that...
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry for the off topic post, but when I read "I apologize for...", I thought Weiser_Cain started this post for being such a idiot.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    According to Oxy, I cant cite our enemy nations as examples.....! wtf?
    And, you used a double negative there, I think you meant "does come from" or "do consider"...either or.
  • ewooz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ewooz polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, I know it's a mixed bag, your nation that is. But you do not have to apologize. I actually like The US. And my impression of America is not as negative. I've been to New York once, nothing can compare to that city. And although it's sheer size the people was friendly. Ok, so it’s probably shallow to judge from just 1 trip over the Atlantic, but still it's the US.

And there is far more good stuff coming from America than bad. We Europeans tend to forget that America helped us out a big way during the liberation from the Nazis. Norway got its Marshall-help that we were heavily dependent on to rebuild our nation after WW2. And without us finding oil we would probably still be depending heavily on Americas help.

And thinking about a lot of the popular culture, comics for example: I basically grew up on American comics like Marvel, DC and Dark Horse stuff. And the American movie industry also has been a great source of inspiration. American literature and so on... I mean there is so much talent coming from the US and a lot of great innovation.

And media is somewhat lacking a long term memory, and it is also highly subjective in many ways. So one statement like that is not going to make me say bad stuff about America.

I have even heard some say that "they kinda deserved it" right after 9/11 2001, I do not agree with such thinking. Terrorism cannot and must not even be given the slightest opportunity to be justified.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    i agree with scooby (above) Bill O'reilly is an idiot and has somehow paid his way onto tv or something (who the hell knows how or why people listen to him)
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    big frickin whoop
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    First, you the world had to listen to Pat Buchanan's nutty banter. Now this from O'Reilly.
    I apologize. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

While O'Reilly is quite the idiot, as well as Buchanan, it's these sideways "slap on America" type comments that irk me more. O'Reilly doesn't represent America, he's not even an elected official. He's just some dimbulb who was lucky enough to get on tv and espouse his views.

But hey Oxy, don't let that get in the way of your agenda, mmkay? Or maybe you'd rather post some Kanye West quotes instead?
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    I apologize for Bill Maher another American Idiot. smile.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I apolozize for everyone who has been subjected to Greenday's American Idiot song.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Fuck Greenday.
    O'Reilly is an idiot as well, always has been.
  • Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    What's wrogn with double negatives?
    Every other langauge uses them.
    Hell, we used to use them too.
    Chaucer used them.

The only reason we don't is because some bishop in the medieval ages decided that it they where too common.

And Aesir: That's gonna take more than a simple apology to rectify.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Irritant! Nice to see you. Not sure when Kayne West has called for the assasination of a foriegn leader. Not totally sure when he called for that of our own either. Oh he called him a racist in so many words.

Anyhow, what is my agenda Irritant? laugh.gif

I can give it to you if you misunderstand. I find it surprising that though O'Reilly has just as captive and larger audience than Buchanan that do rely on him for their viewpoints. Yet, why are some of you not as angry at him vs Buchanan at the above? Hmmm?

Also, O'Reilly is one of the staunch supporters of our government as it stands and has deep political ties and friendships. This would be hard to argue against. Correct?

As such I give you this...

Fords executive order: ``no employee of the United States government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination.''

President Ronald Reagan added:``No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination"

http://www.trialbriefs.com/politicalassassination.htm

Again, the political ties juxtaposed with again, 'acting on behalf" along with "conspire". Hmmm... wink.giflaugh.gif

BTW: Opps on my double negative there Scoobs. Also, Im not sure you caught my implication, but "what we call terrorist/axis" meaning now if some of our media people do the same thing, how are we not also seen as a terrorist nation by some? wink.gif
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    we don't need to put a hit - just invade.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^with what resources?^
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Let's just leave. They'll do the rest for us.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I think we've got plenty of resources to invade several more countries. America's line of credit is ALWAYS good wink.gif
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    But hey Oxy, don't let that get in the way of your agenda, mmkay?

[/ QUOTE ]

What "agenda"? Letting people know what an idiot O'Reilly is? That doesn't seem like much of an agenda to me.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    haha

stupid americans

you know what, to tell you the trust, i think i can understand why o'reilly is being arrogant and petronizing.
    i mean, just look who is leading his country.
    america rocks! fuck ye!

Bush-Arnie031016SBdo293x347.jpg
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Shotgun, O'Reiley would still be pissy even if Kerry won. He's just a prick all-around. smile.gif
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Shotgun, O'Reiley would still be pissy even if Kerry won. He's just a prick all-around. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean even if Kerry won? He would be especially pissy if Kerry won. Even though he tries to sell himself as a moderate, he's obviously far more right-leaning than he's willing to admit. The guy would be having a field day criticizing Kerry right now, had he won.

And shotgun, that was a pretty stupid post. I assume you were being sarcastic (in which case I pretty much share the same sentiments), but you could've put it in a much less inflammatory way. The way you put it does nothing but to kick up a shit storm and start everyone flaming back and forth... there's really no need for that.
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Please, name one that has called for the assination of a foriegn president that doesnt come froma a nation we dont consider a "terrorist/axis" here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The UK's Guardian evidently called for the assination of President Bush in October of 2004. I doubt the UK is considered a terrorist state.

http://www.shaftek.org/blog/archives/000157.html

And while I seem to be the minority here, Bill O'Reilly has actually said many things on air I believe in.. especially about child molesters, border problems and yes topics on Iraq. Come to think of it, I doubt I would have hurt feelings if I found out the C.I.A. put a few holes in some questionable foriegn leaders heads. Just dont talk about it on TV fools!

btw Oxy, I'm one more american you don't speak for
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    eXpendabLe: Heh, Charlie Brooker wrote that article... I guess you don't know who Charlie Brooker is smile.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha

yes smile.gif

i was being very sarcastic.
    i think the image perfectly speaks for itself..

if people dont understand my sarcasm and start a flame war, its not my problem. i would actualy find it quite amsuing, arguing about something unargueable. whatever debate my post may or may not conjour, the absordity of the photo would be just as real, and you can look at it and see whatever you want to see. but at the end of the day, o'reilly was ineed arrogant in his thinking, and the photo reflects very well, imho, the state of america.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Who is Charlie Brooker?
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shotgun: People dont understand you because youre english can be difficult to understand, heh.

As for "actors in politics" thats all my politicians are...actors. People who are adept at deception, high in charisma, and with loads of money. I dont see much difference.

Many people would argue that one of our latest greatest presidents was the actor, Ronald Reagan. He was beloved more because of his presence & "kindly old man" image than his politics.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They'd be wrong.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpen, good find. I stand corrected... somewhat. You realize Charlie Brooker is basically comedy relief disguised as nihilism?
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do Iraqi politicians refusing to say the insurgency is wrong they saying they'd join uncertain circumstances count? ‘Cause I just heard that on NPR.
    As far as I’m concerned yes, America has it’s issues but it all pales in comparison to the rest of the world.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Charlie Brooker is possibly the most sarcastic and vehement man on the planet, but he's also very, very funny. Most of his articles that I've read are piss-takes. Screen Burn was a column he wrote in the TV guide for the Guardian, basically a round up of the week's TV highlights, usually in a highly ironic and abrasive tone. Enjoyable read, but definitely to be taken with a huge, huge grain of salt.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    As a Californian, I do not apologize for having the Governator. At least with him around we dont have that dipshit Davis putting us through power outtages cause he couldnt make a business deal to save his life.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought that was Texas? And while I fully support your right to choose him as your elected official, that is no guarantee that I’ll respect you in the morning.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    come on guys.. why get so mad about something your going to do absouluty nothing about?? i bet you wont even write an angry letter.. i personally dont care, because i dont watch that crappy show and for the most part the people that do burn crosses and wear white pointy hats.. i dont care what they think..i dont think you should have the right to get mad unless you plan on doing something about it.. becuase if you dont plan on doing anything about it your just bitching..plain and simple.. and really what are you going to do?? throw a mouse at him? make an ugly 3d model of him?? how about a an i hate bill website? that will show him!!!no it wont.. you could kill him.. that would shut him up.. but that goes against all these dreadlock hair-do type ideas of freelove and legal pot. you could accept the world the way it is.. the way its always been.. the majority of people in world have NO say in what happens in it, and the people that do have the say are the ones that do something about it..
    or
    go bake some peace brownies, thats about as much action as i see anyone that is pissed about this is going to take.. or really anything they get so angry about..

on a side note can i call for plan of action to ban any type of political mumbo jumbo from a forum about 3d modeling.. they have special places for this.. where guys who wear polo shirts argue with guys with dreadlocks.. and you know what? i dont go there because i dont care.. i am not running for office ever and niether are you.. these threads dont make any worth while contribution to the community. they are just platforms for bitching.. if we continue to let threads like this appear we should at least rename the forum to polybitch, were guys who make 3dmodels and wear panties cry about the current state of the world..
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm.. well whatever suits your fancy arsh. If you choose to view that world that way, hey, that's your perogative. It is funny though, given your view why even bother to post in this thread? Seems to me like your doing your own bitching. laugh.gif

Oh btw, I am doing something about it. Have been for years. Its called not watching FOX. Oh, Im sure in your viewpoint it amounts to nothing, but again, your opinion. Bitching also called showing others what a nut O'reilly is, helping form viewpoints. That is changing things Arsh, unless you call education pointless as well.

Again though having to deal with your outlook for years with people who have a almost narcassistic outlook, yea, Im sure its pointless to you. smile.gif

But stop bitching to us about our bitchin. wink.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Arsh, you'll regret that when oXYnary or Weiser_Cain is President of the United States of America!!!
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    ha ha ha haha...
    yeah....
    okay, no way I'm posting in this thread smile.gif
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha! yeah i see that happening.. with a giant political campaign that consists only of posts made on polycount! where politics matter!!
    and when that happens i will become a terrorist. laugh.gif
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nah, I luvs you arsh..

*me gives arsh a big hug and a kiss*. (While putting a large "KICK ME" sign on Arshlevons back).
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the problem with political discussions is that there is no education going on.. your not swaying anyones view.. i dont remember the pro choicer convincing the pro lifer that killing babies is cool.. everyone that read this post left with same point of view they came in with.. if they agreed with you they said "right on!! he sucks!!" if they didnt they siad " no way your dum!! lets kill all the darkies and all thier leaders!!"
    there is no growth or change.. just one opinon against another with no hope in one side seeing the othersides point of view.. so there is no resolution.. i am not really bitching cause i dont really care..its funny tho that this would be such a big deal when you have people like former secretary of education Bill Bennett saying "if you wanted to reduce crime,you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down."
    now see thats education for you!! he is the former secretary of education.. i think he knows how to educate.. but see shit like this happens every single day..some white guy popping off at the mouth.. oh crap!! gotta go the peace brownies are burning!!
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon, you are a good man.

fucking a ++

EDIT:
    and i will use this opportunity to cheer things up a bit with this beautiful image, taken from bwgreyscale.com. beside the pretty women, there's some pretty dope stuff going on there "concept art" wise. check it out.

ballerinaandthefaceofdeath_bwcsa04.JPG
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Mop: Someone let Charlie Brooker out of the cartoon section at the back of PCzone and put him in ... THE GUARDIAN? lol

r.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i am not really bitching cause i dont really care..its funny tho that this would be such a big deal when you have people like former secretary of education Bill Bennett saying "if you wan

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, but you are bitchin. See, bitchin is inherent in the viewpoint. To me your bitchin at our bitchin. Your slinging shit around at both sides and then trying to say "What? Im Switzerland!" laugh.gif

Sorry also, whether you narcissistic/objectivist viewpoint will see it or not, people are swayed. Thats what propaganda and advertisements do. Thats what communication is.

Sometimes I think your type specifically tries to ignore psychology and sociology and how everything effects everything because it would show just how error prone your POV is. Ignorance is bliss after all. wink.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Many who attempt to sway people go about it poorly and for the wrong reasons. Often the most effective approach used by many in the world today is to give those opposed no choice. Tho I don't see that as effective when an intelligent balanced discussion can provide much to consider and agreements on common ground.

O'Reilly represents the worst of america. Arrogant. One sided. Fox. Nuff said.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, because they say kill all americans gives us the right to say kill a muslims/jews/black people/europeans

Did you all flunk kindergarden or something?
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yes, because they say kill all americans gives us the right to say kill a muslims/jews/black people/europeans

Did you all flunk kindergarden or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Why does everybody always forget about asian when race is on the table?

Us? moz you're a canadian.

It isn't even about what he said, it's this knee-jerk reaction by some who think the world runs like a 4h meeting and want to shame the rest of us into going along with them (this is what I think anyway). This wasn't the president this wasn't a policy maker of any sort, just some dick on fucking fox getting carried away.
    Most of the world says this sort of stuff everyday about us without batting an eye, relax.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    have any of you saying O'Reilly is an idiot even watched his show for more than the second while switching between channels?

i tend to watch his show almost every night for the last 8months or so. i can almost guarantee he will/has address/adressed his own comments tonight. but i doubt any of you will care about that.

i'm with expendable. O'Reilly tends to say a lot of things i agree with. he says one dumb thing and he gets his own thread here. why isn't there a thread on something intelligent he's said? where are the threads on what the left wing has said that is equally if not even more idiotic? tongue.gif

wait haven't some of the people on these boards said pretty much the same thing about Bush?

oh wait last time i said i watched O'Reilly in Oxy's presence i got accused of being closed-minded. tongue.gif

bah whatever... keep watching/reading/listening to the people you always agree with and i'll watch someone i might not agree with but will make me think.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have. He's an idio and a prick. Every show is offensive to me but I don't start topics like this I'm just dumb enough to respond. A lot of the poeple on this board are down right intollerant to opposing viewpoints.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Asherr. SHUT UP! I don't care what you have to say. My job is to find your weakness and win this debate with false information. Ok. Just shut up! Cut his mic. Get the fuck out of my studio.
This discussion has been closed.