Home Technical Talk

Anyone does model for JK2? Need help!!!

ked
ked
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ked polycounter lvl 18
Anyone familiar at getting models into JK2: Jedi Outcast? If so, can you help?

I made a model from scratch myself while following both tutorials from space monkey from the official sdk release pack II and the tutorial from massassi temple http://files.massassi.net/tutorials...cter_models.zip on how to get my model into the game which I exported the modell as root.xsi and combined the _humanoid.gla file using assimilate. The model.glm was succesfully compiled and loads in modview which I can see it playing animations flawlessly. Now I have a model ready to test in-game. I have a 512x512 and a 256x256 jpg textures for my model, model_default.skin, model.glm, animsound and sound.cfg taken from assets0.pk3, _humannoid.gla, and icon_default.jpg all made into pk3 file under "models/players/mymodelname". Trying to test it out in-game, I get my model icon selectable, but my model showed up as kyle. And I get this message from the console

"WARNING: Attemped to load an unsupported multiplayer model! (bad or missing
bone, or missing animation sequence)"

I took the skeleton that was included from the tutorial off massassi.net(skeletonplusbolts.zip) http://files.massassi.net/tutorials...cter_models.zip . I dunno if it has to do with it but it worked out in modview just fine. But why does it load up as kyle still if it works in modview??

I searched for this problem all over the web and it seems that some others had this problem as well, but it seems that nobody can answer this problem. I feel hopeless, all I have left is a big headache, loss of time, effort, and a dumb model that doesn't work for anything. frown.gif

By the way I use 3ds max 4.2 and the tools from the SDK files released by ravensoft

Replies

• lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I've done quite a number of JK/JA models a while back but I'm very rusty.
    Did you add a .bot file to the PK3?

The folks at the JK2/JA model board from the Lucasforums can help you better with this I think.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    sounds like either the heirarchy is wrong, which i doubt, because it wouldnt compile if it was that problem. or, your using the jedi academy skeleton, which has a slightly different structer to the jedi outcast one.

those are the first two problems that imediately spring to mind...
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I think that you can load a JA rigged model in JK2.
    The JA rig has all the JK2 bones and tags. The main different is an extra bone and tag for dual lightsaber support.

You're right almighty_gir that heirarchy problems would have gotten detected during the compiling with Assimilate.
  • ked
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ked polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks, finally I got replies from here. I tried lucas forums but it isn't even active enough to get a reply there.

The skeleton I took did seem to have 2 bones for dual lightsabers. It was the one I took from that tutorial. Is there anyway I can use this skeleton in JO by doing a few things to change it to make it compatible with JO?

If the skeleton I'm using was for JA, does that mean if I put this model in JA directory it would work for JA then?

BTW I didn't add a .bot file, is that needed for the model to be playable? cus I thought that was only needed if u want the model to be bot supported.