Home General Discussion

America....F*CK YEAH!

Replies

• ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    I lived in LA & SoCal for the first 15 years of my life, and I was always told to get to the doorway nearest the "wet wall" in the house. Usually those are the most structurally sound areas...or so I was told.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    I remember always being told get in a doorway also, but what the hell is a "wet wall"?
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    How mature. Let's just stick to the levees. They were never built to withstand a major storm. This has been known all along, and nobody did anything about it. You'd think after Camille, in the 60's, something would have been done. It wasn't. They thought it would never be worse than that, and they were wrong. See how easy it is to play armchair quarterback? Now do you see my point? Maybe you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually your response more than anything seems based in emotions and guilt. That doesn't seem a "mature" stance to take. Could you possibly stop throwing this uneeded term around with those that find fault in your arguement?

Again, your point doesn't matter at this point. What matters is help was asked for, and help was denied in recent history. Im sorry, I dont feel something thats been a problem since at least a generation ago gives your argument any legs to stand on. More so because it seems to be a logical fallacy that brushes into a slippery slope idea. Im actually quite surprised you insist on this "excuse", as you seem very reasonable otherwise.