Conan The Destroyer 2005!

flabby.jpg
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    vassago, i dont know what on earth you are talking about

939.jpg

he doesnt look gross at all, he looks quite normal actually, not too bulky and not too skinny and ripped ... keep in mind he's also flexing a lot in the photos ..
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    people always rag on that new pic of arnold, but i guarantee if you line him up with about 10 randomly selected people of his own age group all shirtless, he would look incredibly in shape in comparison
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    he's old, he cant do anything about it anymore .. i dont know what the big deal is anyway ..
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    um guys you know that pic of arnold was taken before he did terminator 3 right?

here is him after that pic
    t39jq.jpg
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    that is not the new pic of arnold. that's arnold around when he was spending lots of quality time in the hospital due to his heart. I'm sure it interfered with his workout routines. that was taken before he played Mr. Freeze.

and mr. toast's pic is arnold saying "the beach is that way. to tha choppa!"
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Conan The Destroyer 2005!

flabby.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

he'd still rip your head off
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Who'll be first to start posting thier own before and after pics? better be the opposite of arnie there. Oh and arnie was munching steroids since he was 15, so of course he looked like a brick shithouse.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Daz and Irritant - look at any damn medical journal, and you can read it for yourself. Getting THAT low in body fat causes more problems for your body than having 10-20 extra pounds. PERIOD. Take Sylvester Stallone for example. His body fat was so low that his arteries were being damaged, and he ended up having a mild stroke.
    I'm not saying it's okay to be a fat ass. I'm saying it's utterly stupid to get your body ripped up like any of those people. It DOES look disgusting, and it CAN be dangerous. Get fit, for sure. But don't harm yourself, and don't think it's the only way you'll look good.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Vassago, according to his site, the lowest his body fat percentage has dropped is 9%, which is well within the healthy range. I don't understand what makes you think he looks disgusting.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I don't give a shit nor know anything about Sylvester Stallone. We were talking about John Stone. Yes, he certainly looked disgusting when he had flabby man boobs yes. Anyone that says he looks worse now needs their eyes tested. He is not in anywhere near the same muscle mass league as Sly Stallone or Arnie. He isn't particularly big. And 9% body fat is perfectly healthy. If you seriously honestly believe that John Stone was better off before than after, keep on believing it. That's your choice.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't say that he looked WORSE, Daz. I said 'just as bad' smile.gif .John there was a good 30+lbs overweight, though. 10-20lbs doesn't hang over your belt line.

Keyser - The look of super cut definition just looks nasty to me. It's like seeing a really skinny woman, where bones are visible on her arms/torso. It's just nasty, imo.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Well it's probably not you he's trying to please Vassago smile.gif More likely himself and the ladies. And most women I know even If they didn't freely admit it would secretly or even subconsciously be way more attracted to the fitter version of him than the flabby boobed one.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I take it Vassago isn't gay
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I take it Justin isn't retarded.

Again Daz, I never said he was better before. He was more overweight than I was speaking of. And sure, woman and men are more attracted to the leaner body. I'm saying that I personally wouldn't want to be THAT fit. There's honestly no point. You can be perfectly healthy without being 'cut'.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    i really fail to see the your side of arguement, John Stone is no arnold, i think he looks quite normal to me, just the right amount of density and bulk and enough definition.

He's no clumsy mountain of muscles, i dont quite understand where your standard lie.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah he's really not that cut. Weird. There's honestly no point in being that fit? Like I said, keep on believing it. That attitude will keep your nation fat smile.gif
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    I particularly like John Stone's site, and his method. I am using it as my guide as a matter of fact. I have been reading it for a while now.

Daz have you documented your workout? Care to share?

-R
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Heh, IMHO after looking at the progress photos on John Stone's site, he had done all he needed to do by month 4 after starting...
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Of course people are going to have different views on how 'cut' they like their men to be MoP, but the point is, he looks better and is healthier and fitter than before he started. I for one think what he's achieved is commendable and impressive.

Pak: Sure. I have a personal trainer for an hour on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. We warm up with 10 mins of cardio. Usually jumping rope, then free weights for half an hour. Anything from benchpress to leg stuff. Then 15 minutes or so of mat work and other agonising exercises based around stengthening the midriff. On every other day that I don't have a trainer, I work out myself for 45 mins doing just cardio. Usually running, rowing or a workout on the bag ( particularly good for stress relief ). I usually take the weekend off from the gym but will try and get in a hike or a game of tennis.

I feel better and more energized than ever before, sleep better, get more compliments, more attention from the opposite sex and am more confident. I'm starting to see abdominals that I haven't had since I was in my early twenties. Btw, incase it isn't obvious from my defense of him, it was seeing John Stones website ages ago that inspired me to change my lifestyle.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    It was my last boss at threewave software that inspired me. He in turn was inspired by John stone. I honestly haven't been dedicated at all. Sorta like a half-assed way of changing my lifestyle. My target date for looking better is xmas when i goto mexico.

I'm particularly motivated by progress, even with my art, so i am hoping to chart my progress rather carefully to stay motivated.

-R

-R
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    A day came a couple of years ago when I realised I couldn't take my shirt off in public without feeling extremely uncomfortable and self conscious. That was always in my mind and then I saw this guys site.

You don't have to go so crazily into it as I've had. The trainer has been a lot of money, but I won't need him soon and I've learned a lot. Baby steps are better than nothing.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    damn this thread really exploded! anyways yeah umm fast food sucks, a friend of mine used to work in a place like that, he got a grease stain on his shirt, the manager came in and said "we'll get you another shirt" and he was like hmm its just a grease stain wtf... well after he took the shirt into the laundry there was a hole where the grease stain was... people eat that shit every day.

you can't really have a healthy mind without a healthy body, growing up i was always active, playing sports all the time, running track stuff like that, and when i started working in games I started spending 8-10 hours a day sitting infront of a pc... I felt like total SHIT. I think your body has to be as active as your mind, its a ballance thing, and its good to go to the gym and take your mind off of all the work you have to do.

I'm personally not even going to get into that whole argument of John Stone looking bad now... that dude gets mad bitches. nuff said.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Healthy body is Healthy mind is absolutely right ...

Daz, ulike yourself, i am not in the financial position to have a personal trainer nor do i really need one. I am only 19 so i suppose i can take the matter into my own hands. My workout breaks down into stregth training and cardio which is mostly swimming training. All of which is done at my local gym.

I go maybe 3-4 times a week if i can, always alternating swimming with strength training. Which means if i worked out one day, then next day that i go to the gym i only swim.

My workout routine consists of benchpress, decline benchpress, bicept/tricep curls, standing shoulder press that are done with freeweights. I also use a few machines that target specific areas such as two machines to target upper and lower back. Most machines are definitely safer and easier to use but probably better suited for beginners rather than advanced users. Freeweights are irreplacable.

I know that swimming isnt everyone's forte. I've been swimming since a little kid so I am more accustomed. For others swimming is a new thing. However it's a great cardio workout that builds great endurance. At first I practiced do be able to continuously swim for 1-2km at my own pace, which builds up your technique and endurance. Once you have it spot on, it's relatively easy if you are in some kind of shape. Keeping a good rhythm and at a comfortable cruising speed you can go for a few kilometers. At that point i am building up my overall speed technique to really push my muscles and lungs harder. Right now i rarely go for those long endurance distances and rather keep it at 200-300m but at a much higher speed than usual. That can get very exhausting towards the end but the result is that you become a faster stronger swimmer. Swimming wont build great muscle or rip your body to impress the ladies but it's great addition to a healthy routine, it works every muscle in your body, especially your back and shoulders.

The goal is to have considerable muscle strength and mass for a well define figure but at the same time keep the endurance and avoid becoming too bulky and thus unflexible, slow and clumsy. Swimming can help greatly, as a swimmer you can have considerable muscle mass and still be a smooth, quick swimmer. But too much muscle mass can work against you, you never see buff men really take swimming seriously.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I really should take up gym membership. There is a great gym next to work, and they'll pay for it. But then again, it's still summer...
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Daz, you play tennis too? Damn, sounds like we got a lot in common.

I've been playing with guys at work for the last six years or so, and about 2 years before that I first started playing. I'm looking to join a tennis club somewhere here in Maryland, I want to test my skills against some top notch players. But then again, most of the "club" players I've seen around here have been 55 year old men with fairly slow (I'm thinking around 75 mph) serves and no speed.