Home General Discussion

Selling artwork?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
As of late, I've been in need of some spare cash, and I was advised that I should perhaps try selling some prints of my work on ebay. Though I wouldn't know where to start with pricing my own work. I mean, I'm not anywhere near a professional. So I would like a little feedback regarding how much you think I should hope to expect from these, personally I'm thinking around $20.

Here's a small sample of what I may sell, I had put them up at polycount awhile back, but that thread is long gone.
there are 2 more like this one, all keeping to the same style.

The-Child-lo-.jpg

As far as print sizes are concerned, I was thinking around 12"x12".

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I saw some 3d prints for sale at an Orlando art store, they were going around that price, they were matted but weren't in picture frames. They were numbered and a card on the back said they were limited runs but I don't remember how many it said.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    First off find out how much its going to cost you to get them printed. Check around to make sure the quality of the final print is good enough that you would want to put it on the wall. The last thing you want to do is try to sell ugly looking prints. After that just make sure the price your selling them for is about twice your cost.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    dude, it'll cost you $20 just to print them, unless you do it in bulk. On average (UK prices) it's gonna cost around $40 to one quality a4 / a3 print done. If you get more than 20 done that price would drop to around $14 each to make.

I did a whole bunch of printing stuff at the start of this year, a few A0 and A0 "oversize". Never thought about selling them though. Still, cost me at least $100 each to make... each!

3129320_10.jpg3129320_8.jpg
  • Steve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve polycounter lvl 18
    I really like the one on the left, that's pretty cool.