Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's funny, i eat so much fatty food but I'm still skinny as hell. Can somebody explain this to me? :S

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're gonna die of heart disease in 10 years tongue.gif

Press-ups are the same as push-ups, yes. (edit: damn you daz and your one-word post tongue.gif)

I occasionally do press-ups while doing handstands... it's tough, though. And I'm fairly light.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    most of us are stagnant... the fatness could be because we american's play so many dang video games. someone oughta shut that industry down!!
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    on a different note, my weight fluctuates by a good 20 pounds. I've got a wierd digestion issue that causes me to gain a *lot* of water weight (and a weird beer belly looking thing) and lose it again fairly quickly.
    My record was loosing 30-odd pounds in 2 weeks. It was when I first got sick.
    When i first went to college I was regaining health and gained 45 pounds(130 to 180ishd) in only a couple of months... so it swings both ways.
    Now I'm 160, 5'11''... as average as it gets.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    someone aught ta cast a lightening spell on that old thread, then we can post pictures laugh.gif

My Japanese friends think I'm fat.

If people are really getting obese, then it's gonna cost the american public billions in tax.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    Okay I'll add the age...

6'2" 190 lbs gonna be 43 on Sept 10
    Most of the fat guys I know are fat because of beer guts

AZ quote....

I'm pretty sure I could get my weight down if I could just give up the damn beer. I'll just work out more instead.

I'll tell ya this AZ. I would not get in a fight with any of those beer-bellied fuckers I am referring to.
    Look like shit, know how to fight, kinda thing. (looks only go so far, but I'm pretty sure you know that wink.gif )
    It is generally hard though to be a regular beer drinker and not gain weight!

As far as looking at girls goes though, I don't like fat ones, but I sure don't like skinny ones either. I prefer to have
    some rounded corners at least! I'm not a big fan of the very lean ones.

I prefer HORSE ROPIN ASSES

When I was in JR High and High School I was 6'2" and never got over 130. I hated that and that was in the 70's.
    You tall skinny younguns don't worry about it. Once you start getting into your mid to late twenties you will be worrying
    about how to slow down your rapid weight gains! And the worst part about it is that you have no experience doing it! smile.gif

Believe I know, I was there smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I totally think the stat is true. Most of america is designed so you have to drive from point a to point b. While you are driving you swing by some fast food joint and don't even bother to get out of your car. Everyone drives around the front of stores looking for THE closest spot even if that means circling for 5-10 min. Every job that is not blue collar is designed to have as little exersise as posssible. I look around here and I would say 75-80% of the ppl here at work are fatties.

If I wasn't alergic to just about everything except rice chicken and fish I might be over weight. As it is I go for jogs in the morning and at lunch I go for a walk (don't like getting sweaty when I have to go back to work).

Don't worry when the world runs out of oil, it will cure America's love afair with fat.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Anyway when the next ice age comes all you skinny F***s will freeze to death while the fat live on their body fat and inherit the earth

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just kill a fat person and eat him wink.gif

The average weight things are pretty foolish I'd say. They range all over the place. I'm 6'2", 178 lbs with not a single bit of fat and I had one site tell me I was close to bein a fatass!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I'm 22, 6'4", 195 lbs. I'd like to lose the computer gut I'm growing and bulk back up to 210. My health isn't bad, but sitting down for hours at a time has destroyed my posture and leg strength. I'll be exercising more in a couple weeks. Trying to change my diet over to more fruits, veggies, and less meats as well. I drink lots of water. I began avoiding all fast foods years ago. Most people in my family stay tall and thin.
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.inglemoortrack.com/ihs_resources/showPhoto.asp?photo=383&gallery=6

I Win tongue.gif

I think more things like sports should be more accessible to kids in highschool or even younger. Now in at least Washington or Northshore School district there's all these "Pay to Play" things going on. its nearly $60 per sport season to play! it sucks! Anyways all I was getting at is that if kids know how to stay fit, or have a reason to stay fit at a younger age, it seems to carry on into their adult life a lot better than just having them sit in front of a computer and hate P.E. because its Lame wink.gif.
    Getting to know my body while in shape really helped me decide that I will always want to be in shape, it gives me a better attitude about everything. That opportunity shouldn't be limited to kids who don't want to pay a F**king fee every time they want to try a new sport.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    It's true, when i go to the mall with my family, all i see are obese people hanging around the food court. That's only in the SMALLER MALL in minnesota...go to the Mall of America, and almost every other person is overweight, or obese. It's sad. I
    feel sorry for them, but it's their fault. (or not, maybe they just have slow metabolism, or maybe it's genetic) Not eating when i'm not hungry, no matter what, has always worked for me..
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    25, 6'1", 180lbs
    I've been slowly losing weight, it's pretty freaking hard but I'm disabled so I have an excuse.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I'm 66.6kg +-2kg at 180cm, I think it's normal weight. Interestingly my weight only increased by 6kg since I started eating more (including more fast food). I'm not the sporty type, 0 points on everything in my last PFT except running.

My father's a fatso. He's getting fatter and slower from day to day. Nowadays he starts complaining even on a short walk, uses the car to get everywhere* and won't follow us at all when we're going for a short hike (measly 1-2 hours).

*=Even has the AC running all the time regardless of the weather. I say he's "americanizing".
  • Showster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Showster polycounter lvl 18
    I'm 6'2 around 225lbs I try to train 6+ times a week and have been a bit of a gym freak since I was 16 or so.

Health goes so fast if I don't train for 2 weeks everything goes out the window. I'd say people should just start on a simple routine and work it up over time until it becomes second nature.

Brilliant book is 'Body For Life' quite a funky easy read.

http://www.bodyforlife.com/ <-- its not a cheesy workout

"Does exactly what is says on the tin"

But yea basically couple years ago I went from struggling to run 2 miles to be able to marathons and such.

Peace

Greg
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

As far as looking at girls goes though, I don't like fat ones, but I sure don't like skinny ones either. I prefer to have
    some rounded corners at least! I'm not a big fan of the very lean ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on that one Dukester. I'm not a big fan of ribcages and hip bones that could puncture me. I like a little curve on my women. Just as long as the curve doesn't spill over her belt.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm with you on that one Dukester. I'm not a big fan of ribcages and hip bones that could puncture me. I like a little curve on my women. Just as long as the curve doesn't spill over her belt.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying you like women who dont wear belts? cool.gif
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    http://www.grecoreport.com/images/Obese%20America1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, that's not american. smile.gif Look at the advertisment in the back, if I recall it was russian...
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Oddly enough, that's not american. smile.gif Look at the advertisment in the back, if I recall it was russian...

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt appear russian to me, more like some middle-east language or something.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I'm 6'2", 275lbs. I've got about 50lbs to shed off, for sure. My "ideal" weight is 180lbs, though that's WAY too thin for my taste. I like to have a little meat on me.

As far as eating goes, I only eat junk food during crunches at work, where time just isn't available. Excercising is the big one though. We have to eat all of this crap food during long hard crunches, and we're left with not enough energy to work the crap off.

When not in a crunch, I do all of the cooking at home. I try to cook only healthy food, but the occaisional bananas foster doesn't hurt smile.gif (mmmmm...rum). I'll make anything from stir-fry to chicken marsala and everything inbetween.

Bah. Off to work again.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    eat borsch every day, stay healthy and fit the rest of your life!

I SAID IT! smile.gif
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    I'm 5'8, 9stone 8lbs (about 135-140lbs). I'd consider myself skinny. It's weird though, I haven't lived an active life for a while, but I've still maintained my skinny physique and can get a 6-pack when tensing laugh.gif

I am only 17 though (18 in Oct)
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    23, 6'3", 185. I want to get down to 165.

I bicycle to work 3-5x a week, play DDR, and I lift 1-2x a week.

Really I think it's kind of sad how most computer art related professionals don't make the time to work out and eat well. It's not like it takes more than 10-20 min a day. Park further away, drink water instead of coke all day, don't buy out of the snack machine non stop, at lunch don't get a double pounder with lard nuggets, etc etc.

And you can't really blame it on genetics. Are all of those genes some how suspiciously absent from Europe? I'm pretty sure it's just the fact that they lead more active lifestyles with healther food, and we as a whole lead less active lifestyles and eat crappy food.

Way too many fat people for my tastes.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    europe is deteriorating too, kids are more inclined towards fast food, burgers and fries and detest veggies and fruit, well balanced meals in general .
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.johnstonefitness.com/

this guys story pretty much motivated me to change my crummy lifestyle
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    Look at him, he loves it...
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poop, you're already too damn skinny smile.gif
    You need to GAIN some mass, man. At 6'3", you should be at least 190.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I'm not as concerned with the number, as much as I am with body fat. I mean I want to lose 20 lbs of body fat. I don't mind if I gain some muscle mass, but that's where that number came from.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    BMI is only useful for people who don't exercise.

President Bush is considered obese by the "BMI" standard. So is Tom Cruise. So am I. I am 5-8, 165lbs. Yet I only have 14% body fat(quite low, for those who don't know). I lift weights 3 times a week, and went in one year from 150lbs to 165, while also dropping 5% of my body fat.

So yes, BMI, is very misleading. Like somebody said, it would mean nearly every athlete is overweight. But for those who DON'T exercise, it's a decent approxiamation.

Yes, America is fat, and getting fatter. I can't tell you how many overweight people I see whenever I go anywhere. It's alot more than fit people, that is for sure. America is the land of "quick fixes" and "instant results". We are spoiled, and lazy for the most part. Nobody wants to put the work into doing the actual healthy lifestyle. Instead they go on the South Beach or Atkins diet, or take diet pills. All they become doing that is, a skinny fat person.

As far as fast food, the best thing any of you, especially the younger ones who think, "oh I eat tons of this and I'm still skinny" is to stop eating it. I was the same way. Then I found my cholesterol level was 270. (It's now 100 points lower after three years of eating right and taking fish oil supplements). I'm lucky I didn't cause permanent damage eating that crap.
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a good tip to booste your metabolism is to drink lots of water, work out, and eat more frequent meals (like 5-6 small-medium sized meals a day other then 3 large meals a day)
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    im gonna have to get on some diet my self,im 6'4 295 and im leaving Houston which has been voted largest city in the US to Europe which in no way will have the type of food there is here.

i imagine with all the walking ill do and consumption of different types of food ill tone down a little.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying you like women who dont wear belts? cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'd much rather have her be naked or in her underwear, so yeah. laugh.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sometimes I wonder: What do you guys consider "much" fast food? Monthly? Weekly? Dayly? Three times a day?
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    To me, 1 or 2 times a month, Is at most anyone should eat fast food. Because I will admit, when hungry, sometimes you just want to eat something greasy. Though the last fast food thing I ate was Arby's.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Even before the diet I refused to eat out. All of that stuff is bad for you.
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    when i crave fast food i just get a wendy's grilled chicked sandwich without the bread, and a nice small chilli
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    ever had a friend that works or worked in the food industry say "you don't want to know what goes on in the kitchen", make them tell you that will really cut down on the amount you eat out.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I worked at McDonalds, food crime is a term I learned much later reading 'Kitchen Confidential' but it's apt.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If I eat fast food once a year, it's too much.

But seriously, 1 or 2 times a month is probably about right.

If you're eating it 1 or 2 times a week, you're asking for heart disease.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    http://www.johnstonefitness.com/

this guys story pretty much motivated me to change my crummy lifestyle

[/ QUOTE ]

that is very impressive, but you really gotta be motivated..

i really give props to that guy:)... i was never in such terrible shape as he was, which is all the more impressive considering where he is now.

Once you break that certain threshold and start having serious results (feeling more agile, refreshed, stronger, seeing improvements in figure and muscle definition, ) it gives you even more motivation.

Granted, i am not the kind of a guy who is bent on getting a killer body for chicks, otherwise i'd be on steroids and protein supplements, but having a healthy and athletic body is a reward in itself because it reflect on how you feel and how you perform mentally.

I would go in detail on my personal approach to workout, but this really need it's own stickied thread :P

good luck to all new starters smile.gif
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    After seeing Supersize Me, i didn't even want to look at a fast food restraunt for a long time...

but now, every once in a while i just can't help myself from stopping by Dick's Drive-in and grabbin myself a special and one of their awesome milkshakes.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    that is very impressive, but you really gotta be motivated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose so, but that guy looks just as 'gross' now than when he started. His body is horribly over worked, and it looks like shit.

Remember people, it's HEALTHIER to be 20lbs overweight than being a wretched muscle mass. People that look like that (body builders in particular) are simply disgusting.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    "Remember people...." ? Lol, wtf.

Says who? You're a doctor are you? Are you honestly *truly* looking at his before and after shots and seriously trying to convincingly argue that he was better off before?! Haha!

He's fitter, healthier, stronger, probably has more sex, sleeps better, looks better, is more confident, more alert, will live longer. The list goes on. He looked like a flabby out of shape lazy fuck with mantits before, and now he looks super fit. He's really not that big. You've just spouted total and utter nonsense presumably born out of envy of his willpower and determination to get himself in shape.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Fast food is stuff like KFC and McDs and Burger king, right? I gave that shit up a while ago for purely ethical reasons - the way the animals are treated, the way the staff are treated, the way profit is the most important thing.

Weiser said eating out is bad for you, and I hope he just meant crap like McDonalds. We eat out all the time, it's not bad for you (except your wallet)
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is that thread related?

the way the animals are treated, the way the staff are treated, the way profit is the most important thing.

Some people might be inclined to ask whether you buy EA games now...
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I worked as a waiter for a while at a local restaurant, not a chain. I learned that the food use is the cheapest most generic you can find, but it is cooked well and presented nicely to the guest. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It was easy to lead people into believing it was just by it's presentation. I do the same at home. Fast foods, I would get crap in a wrapper. Everything about it tells you it shouldn't depended on as a meal. Meals are a special occassion, not a last resort. I enjoy conversation while waiting for my food. If it's cooked in less than 10 minutes, don't eat it.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [quoteRemember people, it's HEALTHIER to be 20lbs overweight than being a wretched muscle mass.

[/ QUOTE ]

FALSE. You keep telling yourself that though smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    People that look like that (body builders in particular) are simply disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is disgusting. But that's his choice to be a mutant. As long as your BF% is within healthy range, and you're not juicing, it's healthy.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    oh that guy wasnt that built come on.
    young-arnold-bodybuilder.jpg that is a bit gross.

also the more developed your abdominal muscles the smaller your penis size, the muscles pull upwardss and make your junk smaller. just fyi.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah vassago, I know what you mean about people getting so bulked up that they have muscles bulging out of their bodies that shouldn't be popping out, and look like their skin is about to fucking burst
    Like this guy right here
    RC.jpg

But the guy on that site just looks fit, and probably is better off now than he was when he had the pudge. The only bad thing that probably came from him getting in shape, is that his ego probably inflated.