• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    a peanut choked me once. all peanuts are evildoers.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    did you ask the peanut why it choked you and give it a hug in hopes of a better understanding why a peanut would do such a thing?
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    No, he probably just carpet bombed a bunch of almonds and claimed that they were in cahoots with the peanuts. I believe he also made a public statement that, "I don't know where the peanut is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    who serves who, the united states people or their government?
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Dude we only eat roasted peanuts. In the 80's we used to eat the ones with the red skin around them...but you don't see those much anymore.

"Under every colored peanut is white one waiting to break out"

-R
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Outside every thin girl is a fat man trying to get in
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Quick, bomb those almonds back to the stone age, or the peanuts will 'surely' bomb us first!! :O
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I hated the idea of the Patriot Act for so long, then I thought about it...

Back when our constitution was formed and we were given our rights, there were no nuclear weapons and there were no ways of people to sneakily kill tons of American citizens. Now there is, and we need an update to our rights and laws. As long as they keep on lockdown and don't abuse it, the world will be a better place.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The constitution was written to prevent power abuses like the Patriot Act. What do you think that second amendment is for? It's supposed to allow for a revolution should the government misbehave. Since the gov bans heavy weapons you can pretty much forget about revolting nowadays.

Besides, many things would be nice if nor abused. Communism would be nice if those idiots on the top didn't abuse it but guess what? The only way to make sure it won't be abused is to make it abuse-proof. And that means control instances like courts. Less control instances == more power for the higher-ups == less power to the people.
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

Back when our constitution was formed and we were given our rights, there were no nuclear weapons and there were no ways of people to sneakily kill tons of American citizens. Now there is, and we need an update to our rights and laws. As long as they keep on lockdown and don't abuse it, the world will be a better place.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get back to history, in Europe there was a guy named Hitler that was put in place after "terrorist" (read: false flag by the nazi) burned the German parlement "The Reichstag", this event was the sole thing that gave Hitler dictatorial powers over the populace read: concentration camp, goverment run slavery rings, internal checkpoints, random executions, secret tribunals etc, etc etc. Well under patriot act all of this could be reality.

Are you willing to let this happend without a say ?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get back to history, in Europe there was a guy named Hitler that was put in place after "terrorist" (read: false flag by the nazi) burned the German parlement "The Reichstag", this event was the sole thing that gave Hitler dictatorial powers over the populace read: concentration camp, goverment run slavery rings, internal checkpoints, random executions, secret tribunals etc, etc etc. Well under patriot act all of this could be reality.

Are you willing to let this happend without a say ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Godwin strikes again.

God damnit I hate it when people compare EVERYTHING thats related to freedom to Nazis.

It's not even close to the same shit.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I think when you say "freedom" I think you really mean the United States and the present administration.

Maybe people wouldn't do it if it wasn't so darn easy these days:

http://www.secularhumanism.org/library/fi/britt_23_2.htm

hmmm ... maybe that whole "Godwin's Law" thing is a part of the whole plan to keep us apathetic and in denial ...

Seriously now, read the 14 points and actually think about it. I once heard a college professor explain how the reason that Nazi Germany ever happened in the first place is becuase no one believed that it actually could happen...
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    "Voice or no
    voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked,
    and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the
    country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Hermann Goering

rings true today

o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
    wasn't necessary or germane without it necessarily being an
    insult, it's probably about time for the thread to end.
    o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
    was vaguely related but is basically being used as an insult,
    the speaker can be considered to be flaming and not debating.
    o If someone brings up Nazis in any conversation that has been
    going on too long for one of the parties, it can be used as
    a fair excuse to end the thread and declare victory for the
    other side.

those are the tenets of Godwin's law,unfortunatly alot of the things going on in this country have many similarities to what did occur in nazi germany, they are general causes for concern, read the thread Astro posted,i dont think he did so to win an arguement or to insult anyone there alot of things which are going in this counrtry to cause alarm.

i think its like astro said,replace "freedom" with this administration is more like it.

EDIT: nice bit of censorship,someone dared to make fun of the president's aide

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/books/07/27/doonesbury.language.ap/index.html

hey lets pull him off our newspaper,its bad taste

• sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    JO420: Since you like quotes laugh.gif, I'll provide one of my own.

"Laws and customs must vary in accordance with the times. What will happen if you dress a monkey in the manner of the Duke of Zhou? He will rend it with his teeth and claws, and only be satisfied when the costume is fully torn away. Times past and the present day are as different as the Duke of Zhou and a monkey. Do not dress modern people in the garments of their ancestors; do not follow ancient ways for the sake of it."
    -Jin the Musician, Spring and Autumn Period

yeah... D:
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    How about "Those who don't know their history are condemned to repeat it."
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    good counterpoint, a monkey in clothing. Makes you think.

but excuse my unfamiliarity with the works of Jin the Musician,was he Roosevelt's secretary of defense?
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What about those funny quotes, "this is so 2001, the Patriot-act probably doesn't exist", "if they would let us our civil liberties we wouldn't know what to do with them", wait i got one from a vietnam vet, i think its from general Powell "we had to burn the village in order to protect it" or something along those lines.
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How did our oil ended under their sand ?!
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    good counterpoint, a monkey in clothing. Makes you think.

but excuse my unfamiliarity with the works of Jin the Musician,was he Roosevelt's secretary of defense?

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously didn't catch the fact that I wasn't serious