Home Technical Talk

Counter Strike:Source models convert to CS 1.6?

~SwIfTaSsAsIn~
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
~SwIfTaSsAsIn~ polycounter lvl 18
My keyboard is not broken, according to the reply i got on my other post, its the fact the title couldn't fit all the words in it so i crammed it all, sorry bout that guyz.

I sed this last time --> ever since i got Half Life 2/Counter Strike Source i wanted those models on the Half Life/Counter Strike 1.6 but when i found out it had more than just .mdl files, that idea was scraped. so cen any 1 help?

Replies

• jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    If what you are asking is, how to get Source-engine (HL2)CounterStrike models to work in the old version of CS, then your'e going to be disappointed. I gather that you're trying to downgrade the new models to run on your older computer.

It's theoretically possible to take a Source model and remove all the next-gen features, and probably a lot of the polygons, and sample down the textures.... and then recompile the model with a old-style HL Character Studio rig... You'd basically have to re-make the entire character model. It's just not as simple as you think.

/jzero
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    jzero: Not necessarily, almost every CS version has its dedicated fans that want THEIR version to be the official one and the one all future patches shall be derived from and which has the ultimate balancing that should never be altered, etc.

I could imagine that the weighted vertices are throwing your compiler off, HL1 doesn't support that. You'd need to import those models into Milkshape and rig them to a standard CS1 skeleton, then compile them together with the CS1 sequence files.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Beside the fact that it would be illegal anyways (atleast for sure if you don't own CS:Source, and redistributing them would be even more illegal).
  • ~SwIfTaSsAsIn~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guyz it is actually possible because i already have the whole set of Counter Strike Source v_model weapons for CS 1.6 and they the exact ones from Source, everything from the polys to the different animation times. there a few weapons that had to be changed, for instants the C4, it doesn't have the code to plant when you the butttons are pressed, same goes for defusing; also the dual elites/berretas have the 5 second reloading time instead of the standard 8. If u dont believe me that i have the source weapons look at the pics, but i have different skins on some of the weapons, cammo skins and cammo gloves instead of black ones. I also want to know how to get the characters/hostages, minus all the death positions and exact lip movement.

so here are just some weapons(couldnt b bothered doin them all)
    web page
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hm, do the CSS player models have any death sequences?
  • ~SwIfTaSsAsIn~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i dont think they have death sequences coz 1/1000 times they die the same way or even more. its probably all to do with weight, center of gravity and force; for example if you die from a headshot, they just fall to the ground in whatever position whereas dying from an explosion flings you in the direction you were hit from. id say its just physics in the game that make them die in all positions
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know that CSS uses a physics system for the deaths but e.g. UT2003 had death anims as a fallback for some reason. I thought maybe Valve left some in. They probably need some if you want to use them in CS1.6, right?
  • ~SwIfTaSsAsIn~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tru but that can b easily done by using the existing ones or makin sum up 4 my own, but wat about the hostages? i need them dont i frown.gif ?
  • jRocket
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jRocket polycounter lvl 18
    What you will need to do is decompile both the cs:s and cs models. Take the mesh of the cs:s model and put it in the skeleton of the cs model. You will need to do the vertex binding yourself, but you can just use the cs animations which were made for the cs skeleton.
    Thats a basic explaination. I've done a lot of mod work for both hl1 and hl2. Overall its a whole lot of work but it can be done. :P