Home General Discussion

I'm in real need of help

~SwIfTaSsAsIn~
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
~SwIfTaSsAsIn~ polycounter lvl 18
okay to all u guyz who know or have made a counter strike player using milk shape 3d, i need ur help. well whenever i go to compile my model, it always has an error when i'm compiling the refs/seqs of the carbine, dual pistols 1 and the onehanded stuff. everything in my model is correct coz ive checked it many times over and when i remove those refs/seqs from the qc file, my model compiles, but when i put them in, it says its missing some file with symbols for its name. for example, this is one of the filenames ".\/¸u9 v9h0w9¨x9", some are even longer. will some one plz help moiz!

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Perhaps it doesn't like your textures?
  • ~SwIfTaSsAsIn~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nope, all 8-bit bmps, its just have problems with sequences thats all, but i have no idea how to fix the ones that give a wierd filename when compiling
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this is all old info as I haven't compiled any CS models since before 1.6 came out.

I seem to remember having to use studiomdl.exe or whatever valve put out to compile CS models. For some reason Milkshape wouldn't let you compile because it had a set limit on the number of seq files you could have. So I suggest using whatever valve recomends instead of the automated milkshape compiler =)
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    or maybe perhaps jed's studiomdl

http://www.wunderboy.org
  • ~SwIfTaSsAsIn~
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much u guyz. had tried Jed's compiler but had the same error. call me a newb at modelling if u wish coz it is tru, only been doin it 4 about a year and half. i had made many players previously but they didnt compile using milkshape so i thought i was doin something wrong, so i scraped it and did anotha one. Oh yeh and another question, how would convert all the animations/refs of a left handed model 2 a rite? yeh my computer's/s(more than one) r old xcept my dad's(<-- major jealousy for AMD 64, with some much kewl xtras) and i dont have a good 3d graphics card so how would u do it?
    BTW- getting AMD cempron soon though!