Home General Discussion

Supreme Commander

KDR_11k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
I know, I know, not a trustworthy source on the issue (as the big "exclusive" label tells us) but it's made by the guy who made Total Annihilation and built with the same design goal:

http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/supremecom/

And hell, who doesn't want a proper sequel to Total Annihilation? They even have the Commander units (now called Supreme Commanders) back in!

Replies

• Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.gaspowered.com/

http://www.gaspowered.com/press.php

THQ AND GAS POWERED GAMES TEAM UP TO CREATE NEW FRANCHISE - SUPREME COMMANDER FAMED PC DEVELOPER CHRIS TAYLOR SETS SIGHTS ON REVOLUTIONIZING RTS GENRE

This game is crazy nuts, i know cuz i walk by it everyday at work ;-)
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Yes it is crazy nuts, because i wouldnt be trying to get a job working on it if it wasn't. So if anyone wants to put in a good word for me at GPG id be mighty happy.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool, even if it turns out to be a re-hash of Total A, I will be happy =)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That looks awesome. I still love Total Annihilation, I predict I will love this one too! smile.gif

Only thing that got a bit annoying in TA was the fact that sometimes a multiplayer game would turn into an endless seige if someone had built an impenetrable base, or people building radar targeting devices, then nukes and Big Berthas and just sitting back and shooting at the map...
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    yeah , I still play TA. got some new units and stuff to make it diffrent.

TA is great networked witht he 5000 unit hack. I hope this is just as big.

MOP- what you say is completly true about TA... But i wouldnt have it another way ...
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    mop: all a forgiveable byproduct of the game that TA was. Total Annihilation was, in many ways, the anti-Starcraft... Blizzard believes that an RTS has to be meticulously balanced and controlled to be fun and to work properly, but even with all their careful considerations and redressings it's arguable if it's necessarily a better game. TA threw all that out the window. you want to build a gigantic cannon? build as many nuclear silos as you want? fine! you can! to me, a game like TA put a lot more trust in the player's ability to make and regulate his own fun, which is a heckuva lot of trust. but for the people who played the game and loved it, that trust really meant a lot. bring on the supreme commander! smile.gif
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    hah - wait til you see the NUKES in supcom. Its just wicked in so many aspects ^_^
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    They've got a screenshot and pretty lengthy explaination of the nukes in the article.

gauss: Additionally, if you wanted to enforce some unit limits (like "one nuke silo only") in multiplayer you could do just that.
  • Major Clod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Major Clod polycounter lvl 18
    I cannot wait, everything about this game screams BIG!

Nothing more fun than building hundreds of units to use in full scale war!