Home General Discussion

Is your town a chav town?

Bronco
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Bronco polycounter lvl 18
howdy guys

heres one for you brits amoungst us,though im sure evryone else would get afew laughs from it.

we all know about "chavs" right?,ya know the pricks taht go round betending to be evrything they are not,hard,bling-bling,ya know the cowboy builder types.

Anyway great website here:- http://www.chavtowns.co.uk

Has your Home town turned into a ChavTown?

Heres all the places taht I can really relate to....and I should say for those of you that havent met me,these descriptions of the areas I live in have no reflection upon myself.....HONEST!

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1038 (my Home Village,I can relate to evrything there,though today myself and my supervisor spent the best part of an hour taking the piss out of how someone could possibly get mugged down an alley IN CHINNOR!!....surily surily not.

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=876 (If Im not in Chinnor this is where id be,proberly drinking with mates, again can indeed relate to everything said,but they never mentioned the kebab van which ursally draws the chavs in like bees to honey...hmmm)

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=746 (and finally this is a town about 10miles away witch I visit pretty regularly,go shopping there and go to church there)

Is nowhere safe of the chav invasion frown.gif

John

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I'm in Dundee. Says it all, really.

Read all about it.
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha MoP

A very appealing place ya have there,I can see why ya going to Canada now!

Joihn
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I used to live in brighton.

The word "chavalanche" fits perfectly.

One would also see these fine burberry kitted denizens at the post office que, cashing thier "chavellers cheques".
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hahah, "chavalanche" and "chaveller's cheques" ... awesome!
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    When I was last in the UK, I went to Peterborough to visit my brother. My God, that town must be the chav capital surely?! Never again. He can bloody visit me next time.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    I live in New Hampshire, so does that mean I get new chavs?
  • DeathTrip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathTrip polycounter lvl 18
    I didnt know anything chavs until I saw Devvo's page on fat-pie.com(has some seriously awesome flash animations btw)

watch Devvo! (hes drunk/high a few times, curses a lot, and isnt the nicest guy around; just a heads up)

would AliG be considered a chav?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah that shit's funny DeathTrip. Sheesh, 'Darren' really is a chav name isn't it?

Im not sure, although he shares some obvious traits with them, calling AliG a chav doesn't feel right to me. I think of Chav's exclusively as spotty little white oiks. AliG is more of a wannabe gangsta, but I dunno what you'd call that in the UK. I'm so out of touch with the place after 5 years away!
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i'm amazed York isn't featured. Quite apart from the constant stream of knacker scum (i hate the word "chav", its been adopted to be somehow endearing) coming in on the train for stag nights and hen parties, making a pleasant night out in your own town centre next to impossible, the indigenous population are something else.

the problem with york is this : contrary to popular myth, it's got some of THE roughest areas this side of hades. Chapeltown in Leeds? It's got nothing on Foxwood. But they, in themselves, aren't the problem.

Right bang slap next to these dog-rough areas are nice middle class houses with nice middle class families ... each with a pair of formative cunt children.

y'see, the knacker kids growing up in Foxwood/Acomb/Clifton know what happens when they shout or spit at a stranger on the street, or have a go at their parents. They get the same right back on them, probably doubled for good measure.

But the kids near me, the bastard little middle-class fuckers with the money for expensive clothes and brand new FUCKING SCOOTERS WITH HOLES DRILLED IN THE EXHAUSTS, and each with a "we're nothern and we're going to act like it" chip on their shoulders, get no comeback from their parents. The parents are far too busy organising street parties or buying planters to even dream that little Michael is throwing half full cans of Pepsi at passers by, or pissing on the window of the expensive restaurant on the corner, or sitting on his brand new BMX, in the road, SIDEWAYS. Man, these little cunts ... jesus ... all of them throwing away the services of the good school round the back of here, each one speaking like they don't have the benefit of lips and jaws. Of course, speaking with the natural diction granted to the human race by evolution isn't "hard", it isn't "street". Its what the southern posh people who came up for Ascot do. The "real kids", the ones from the Rock-Hard North speak like retarded jellyfish, yeah man, that's where it goes down. On the street. Living life in the northern ghetto ... except for the "ghetto", read £180,000 terrace houses with loft conversions and plasma screen tellys.

Fuckin' ignorance and rotten attitudes as a fashion. Jesus. Y'know it's great. We live in a world where the current craze amongst the youth isn't for yo-yos or Playstations or clackers ... it's to be ugly and stupid. Just what we fucking need to move on as a species.
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    Bah, I always seem to live in chav centrals.

Grew up in Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells, and my parents are still there:
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=478
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=533
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=962

I have since moved to Bristol frown.gif
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1103
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=860
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=630
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1597

Now, take into account the fact that at the moment, I have blue hair and black nail polish... well, I suppose you can guuss from my avatar. Saturday nights out are FUN. Though quite why people would think it's a good idea to start on someone who is more sober and would be kicking out with these on their feet boggles me
    http://www.cloggs.co.uk/invt/215

As for the moped thing! I can't believe that they haven't managed to kill the whole chav generation off. Little hint, wearing just a helmet isn't going to save you when you come off that thing at 40mph. What you will end up as is looking like a lolly-pop with a gristle stick.

Mini-motos and go-peds, too. These are illegal to ride on the road, but also on any public pathway or park. Doesn't stop them using Bristol wonderful cycle network as a personal racetrack.

Excuse me, I think I need to get somewhere high. Now, where did I put that PSG-1?
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    The Isle of Man has it's chavvy bits, but I used to live in Chapeltown, Leeds, right around poll tax riot time. Nice place. I have to agree with Danr tho', I used to have a girlfriend from Acomb...*shudder*.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1547

HAHA, thats pretty much the next street along that isn't a my street (my area)

Bramley Park is my local park (I live in Bramley), and I walk over that to go to my best mates..

[Edit]Chapeltown is a ghetto hole.. Science from BigBro is from Chapeltown and even he refers to is as the ghetto
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    haha,had to look that up but man thats funny,if posers (chavs) are funny here i imagine its twice as funny with a british accent.

lol the things you learn, well i definatly live in a chav town, Houston Texas,i went to high schools with many of these posers,they would sport gold,platinum and would try gangstas despite the fact they came from rich,affluent and white neighborhoods. in art school too, once met a white guy who spoke like this "yeah yeah dog wuz up?? thats just phat" well one day he recieved a phone call from his mother and went from speaking like that to "hi mom,yes recieved the cookies,yes mom,yes mom,i love you too" christ why people put up acts like that is beyond me.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds like what you call a " CHAV " we call a wigger here in the states and by that I mean Eminem and all the kids like him around the country .
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    damn jon,you wear those? those are certainly some ass kicking boots,i wonder if they make them in a US size 16?
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Nah pogo, a wigger is a wigger here, too. A Chav is a person who wears all the sports get up, but the real tell-tale sign is their speach. "'Ere Mate 'Ave Y'u Go' A Cig".

Its all down the groups too.. they're rarely alone.
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    Aye, JO420. Dance in them, too. Quite how I didn't fall over while jumping around like a loon to System of a Down last Saturday, I will never know.

I need to wear three pairs of socks with them, though. Still being 'broken in', and I have had that pair for a year. The boots demand blood. Respect the boot.

My girlfriend has the same boots, and wears them all the time.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    omg i love girls in leather
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hehehe
    I thought scottish chavs in general were known as neds (non-educated-delinquents..) never heard of 'gadgies' - except in newcastle which refers more to an old bastard i think.. Geordie chavs are known as charvers, where I grew up anyway. and possibly 'scallies' or 'blurts' in liverpool I was once informed.

I wonder how many different words there are for the same thing.. like the inuit and their words for snow laugh.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    i do a fantastic chav accent i like messing around with people here, when i first meet someone i put on my chavcent and they are like "woah thats a trouble maker right there"
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Aye, they're charvers/chavas in Newcastle, I seem to recall it's derived from the old Northumbrian/Geordie word for "kids" ... scallies is what they are in a number of places, neds as you say up here in Scotland, I think even referred to as "townies" in some places, but that's probably a little too wide a net to cast...

They will always be charvers to me! I used to sit next to one in school. He said "arvenar" on a regular basis. After translation, it comes out as "I don't know".
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    man, how many times have I been approached by 3 kids with 'How'ee, lenz a fag' or 'giz twenny p for the metty'.

I remember one guy who's hobby it was to punch windows and show off his lascerated hands to the chavettes and his mates. sad thing is the guy was clever, really good with maths.. but he couldnt admit that to his friends so he did stupid stuff like that, and went to join the army so he could shoot stuff.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Mop/Roo: you know you are called Geordie's because your miners stuck with the george stephenson lamps when other miners moved on to another lamp?

If you did, then you are the first Geordie I know that did wink.gif

r.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I did know that, Ror, but I only found out last year smile.gif
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heres one ive been wordering,whats the difference between a "townie" and "chav"....I mean when i was at school all the people that seem to now be classed as a 'chav" was a townie. But I hadly ever hear "townie" anymore its all chavs....proberly have to blame the media hehe.

john
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    there's no difference, it's whatever the current buzz word is. Townie a few years ago, chav now. That's why i prefer to stick with the more descriptive "hateful knacker scum"

something that confuses me about these people - not being able to talk properly is one thing, but it's also not being able to see. I mean, how can someone spend hours in front of a mirror making themselves look that bad and then go "yeah, that's the look i'm after".

Like separating their fringes into little spikes, and plastering them down with wet-look gel in order to simulate having a really greasy forehead. "Hmmmm, my skin's excreting adolescent fluids, the girls are gonna love that. To set it off, i'll tip my cuntish cap back by 45 degrees so they can get a really good look at how slimy my head is. I'll also determinedly let my mouth hang perpetually open, so my fish lips will look even more dribbly. Mmmmm, sex god. And - the coup de grace - i'll tuck my tracksuit trousers into my socks! Wow, make way for the new Adonis, cower before my towering charisma."

didn't the ugly, greasy, dribbly kids at school use to get bullied and beaten up for it? If they didn't, they certainly would if they tucked their trousers into their socks before riding their bike. Has there been some sort of very subtle, gradual revolution going on?
  • Noisybast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noisybast polycounter lvl 18
    Yes. Yes it is...
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Dan: Haha, perfect description... these days it also seems to be the "in thing" for them to walk around with their hands down the front of their trousers. Maybe that's just Dundee, though.
  • DeathTrip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathTrip polycounter lvl 18
    speaking of douchebags from the UK, have any of you had any experiences with "happy slappers"? Is it really a problem?
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    deathtrip - no, but i look forward to experiencing one.

I'm guessing that all those cheap signet rings and slime will weigh them down, and i'll be able to run faster than them. When i catch them, it'll be a show worth seeing. I've got no qualms about stamping hard on the ankle of a stranger that does something like that to me.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    they often attack a sitting target from what i've heard, usually at bus-stops.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I haven't ever witnessed that phenomenon, or know anyone who has... although it gets a fair bit of news coverage (probably more than is warranted)...
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Wigger is not a nice term...
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    better than a spell in prison
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    hehe when i first saw the website i thought it was about zombies,that black and white pic just said zombies to me

"they often attack a sitting target from what i've heard, usually at bus-stops."

in texas that will get you shot

• Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    happy slapping?? yeah I think its getting blown out of porportion as MoP has said (Even though some schools have banned mobile phones becuase of it).

Ive never exsperienced it,don't know anyone that has either.
    Nearest thing ive done that came close was when i was at my mates free house,this girl we all work with came to visit and she was already pretty drunk. Not only taht it was afew weeks ago during the english heat wave and she was as red as a plum from sunburn.

Drunk + Sunburn = irrisistable..... a group of us proceeded to line up and slap her on the top of her sunburnt back one by one while the rest filmed it on there camera phones.

Harsh I know....but next time I saw her she coudln't remember what happened that night. Oviously none of us have shown her the footage as shed get her girlfriends on us and have us line up and they film while she kicks our balls in.

john
  • kendo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    Gosport

Unfortunatly i call that shit hole my home town, the first comment says it all really. We only really have one night club in Gosport which i frequented for the first time only a month or so ago but thankfully having survived that experience i am ready to teach Carmack about the look of Doom 4.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Perth wasn't on the list (I used to go to school near there), however Sutton Coldfield was hehe. And on this page http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1236
    I used to work in the building next door to the McD's.

EDIT: I just read through the whole thing and they actually mentioned where I used to work: RB's hehe. What a dump.

However I remain chavless.

Wikkid innit!