Home General Discussion

King Kong Trailer

polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Wow ...UHHH the CG looks so obvious hard to believe it's weta doing it ..maybe it'll look a lot better when they get closer to release ? Anyways im sure it'll be a fun film none the less .
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    jack black teehee
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    pogo, what you talking about fool, it was no more obvious than the cg in LoTR you just acept those cause they were awesome movies, depending on how awesome or lame this movie is will determine on how well you accept the obvious cg, i mean NOTHING in this trailer was as obvious as legolas on the cave troll, or him climbing the oliphant
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    NOTHING in this trailer was as obvious as legolas on the cave troll, or him climbing the oliphant

[/ QUOTE ]

..and nothing there was as obvious as the 'agent jumping on-off car hood' in Matrix Reloaded. I remember talking with colleagues about it saying "They'll fix it in post"..but they didn't. Kong looks fine, he's maybe not as big as I thought he would be, especially when he tosses the car down the street.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good. As always, I'll reserve judgement on the actual film for when it comes out smile.gif
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Mmmm... reserving judgement, but yea. They really need to do more color correction.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    kong seems smaller...
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I dunno, he looked about the right size to me...

kingkong(1933).jpg
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    looked like it might be good.. but god i hate jack black.. what a dumb ass..
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    arshlevon: why is that?

Looks pretty good to me, I wish they would have chosen a more serious actor than jack black, because whenever I see him I can't really take him seriously.
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    After the disaster that was Godzilla I'm a bit leery. But I didn't know Adrian Brody was in it...
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    oooooiieeeee Adrian Brody! SWOON! laugh.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I'm excited about this... looks like it should be fun.

I'm also absurdly happy that Jack Black got a chance to try some serious acting. Here's hoping he doesn't suck.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    pogo, what you talking about fool, it was no more obvious than the cg in LoTR you just acept those cause they were awesome movies, depending on how awesome or lame this movie is will determine on how well you accept the obvious cg, i mean NOTHING in this trailer was as obvious as legolas on the cave troll, or him climbing the oliphant

[/ QUOTE ]

Im mostly talking about parts with the Dino's and king kong and yes they are super obvious to me and no they don't have to be Jurassic park proved that 15 years ago and the sequels since ...fool ... poly116.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of the Dino's looked like the lighting was off from what was in the scene, but then some of it like the guy wackin' the bugs looked good. Much respect for kong I hope Jack Black doesn't stink it up. The last flick I saw him was Envy, where every 3rd line he would say "Va-POO-rise, maaahn Va-POO-rise!".
  • AstroZombie
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    This trailer did nothing for me except make me wanna see it! laugh.gif

It seems very faithful to the original right down to stealing the apple. The only thing I don't like (right now, I haven't seen it yet smile.gif ) Is in the original Jack Driscol was the first mate of the ship and a tough guy. Brodie is a fancy dan pretty boy. Don't know why Jackson did that and I think its bad casting, but it is not enough to trun me off the movie smile.gif
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    I'm just glad to see that: 1. it's a remake of the original, not a 'reinterpretation' like in the 70s. Like, it's in the 30s and everything; 2. It's got dinos, so Kong can again show that mammals kick reptile ass every time; 3. Jack Black gets to play a serious role. The Carl Denham character in the original was a little on the wack side, too crazy-like-a-fox to be the male lead, but cool. Perfect for Mr Black. I think he'll do fine.

I'm glad I'm not enough of a CG geek to complain about dino lighting. tongue.gif

/jzero
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Some of the Dino's looked like the lighting was off from what was in the scene, but then some of it like the guy wackin' the bugs looked good. Much respect for kong I hope Jack Black doesn't stink it up. The last flick I saw him was Envy, where every 3rd line he would say "Va-POO-rise, maaahn Va-POO-rise!".

[/ QUOTE ]

Envy was such a piece of crap. (no pun intended) If that was the only thing I'd seen him in, I'd hate him.