Home General Discussion

Alice movie in the bowl

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
shotgun polycounter lvl 19
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/37465

i suspect this director is going to turn this into a holywood style plop, like his other movies. the story and also the game were true psychedelic and i fear the movie is going to fall short of what alice is all about.

I mean, sarrah michel for alice? because she has big eyes? probably because she has big boobs. I dont think she has the mind set to play this roll suitably. They should cast Johny Depp, for the cat, at least.

actually, the entire cast and direction should be handed to the japanese, those crazy bastards..

Load Save Delete innit.

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, only the japanese are insane enough to properly bring that world across. Alternatively McGee himself could try but I doubt he'd make a good director. This'll go down as yet another bad movie that happens to have the same title as a videogame.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    Indeed, a film of the game was reported arond 3 or 4 years ago and then not a single word was heard of again, but obviously someone's picked it up again. If it had the rite director I believe it would be done well but I don't see any evidence that suggests that it will be. *Cough*The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake*Cough*

There's also a Silent Hill films in the works but this may be one of the few game->movie titles that I'm looking forward to as the game developers themselves are said to be workin hand in hand with the movie crew.

Lets hope they turn out.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    hey if its as good as street fight and super mario bros. movie im not worried a bit.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I predict Fangoria will pronounce it the best movie ever made.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I think Wes Craven was originally set to direct it... that would have been good... not any more though :|
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    AYe, Wes was originally in line, I also heard Natalie Portman being in the running for Alice.

I believe the phrase "at lest it isn't Uwe Boll" springs to mind.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    how about "at least it isnt john romero"?

oy vey >_<
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    hey if its as good as street fight and super mario bros. movie im not worried a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, many people think the latter movie sucks because it's "not Mario'ish enough"...
    Yet to an outsider (of the Mario fandom - Yes, it's a fandom), the movie makes far more sense than all the games together.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Would the real Tim Burton please stand up?
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the movie makes far more sense than all the games together.

Generally a movie making more sense than the source material is regarded watering down the source. If it was nonsense it was MEANT TO BE nonsense!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    /me gazes into the magic 8 ball and ...

I bet it will be done in the same style as Lemony Snickets, Harry Potter but alittle darker like Tim Burton. It will sell pretty well but not like the creaters hoped. Most of the fans from the game will devorice it as sell out crap, like they always do. Batman Beginings was getting trashed on message boards (not this one) by "diehard fans", right up until it released, stupid fickle fans. I bet most of them changed their SN's and posted rave reviews after going to see it. I hope McGee doesn't get discouraged by negative feedback from some whinny dorks, he doesn't seem the type to let that crap get to him.

My wife and I loved the game, and I hope the movie spawns another one or at the very least Oz gets made. How cool would it be to be able to play the sequal right after the movie? Most games based on movies try to tell the same story. Anywho... I look forward to seeing the movie I 'm a sucker for dark retakes on old classics. From what I read he is writting it as a trillogy, good things always come in threes =) Even if the other two don't get made I like to see a creater thinking big like that.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i loved the game, but really do not consider sarah micheel gellar as even a mediocre acress, i can't even imagine her being able to play this.
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I mean, sarrah michel for alice? because she has big eyes? probably because she has big boobs.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Either you've never seen Ms Gellar, or your definition of 'big' is vastly different than mine.

Frank the Avenger
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Perhaps he's only seen photoshopped "nude" pics of her?
  • ScreaminBubba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScreaminBubba polycounter lvl 18
    The only cutsy goth actress' that seems slightly distrurbed for this role that comes to mind is:

Fairuza Balk:
    pic

or

Christina Ricci:
    pic

Sarah Michelle Gellar doesnt fit the character at all.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, Alice was a cutesy, happy do-goody girl once, before she went nuts. Maybe Gellar can protray it, maybe not. Either way my sister will see the movie because it has Gellar in it.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Christina Ricci would have been PERFECT for the role.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I found this by doing a google search, she MIGHT be able to pull it off. I am not too sure about Fairuza Balk she nomrally comes across a little too nutty and freaked out to be Alice. I totally agree about Christina Ricci, she would be perfect. If they really wanted to pull in crowds they should go with a hot little asian chick that can pull off the gothy look...
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I'd have voted for the girl from "May" in the lead role, whatever the actress's name might have been. She'd have been ideal.

[ QUOTE ]
    Alternatively McGee himself could try but I doubt he'd make a good director.

[/ QUOTE ]He's producing.