Home General Discussion

That other console that's not made by MS or Sony

Replies

• hawken
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    logically speaking i dont doubt that ps3 and xbox will blow nintendo with superior computing power however i trust nintendo in making fun, solid consoles and superb controllers ..

i quite like the gamecube controller but i hope they design a whole new one for the revolution, and i know they probably will
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    It is starting to resemble a Monolith. BEWARE!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube generation. But there's more…

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man! My pants just got tighter. I wonder if they plan on improving the controller to help FPS fans. I hate the joysticks.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube generation. But there's more…

The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man! My pants just got tighter. I wonder if they plan on improving the controller to help FPS fans. I hate the joysticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I guess you can just use the DS's touch screen.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    There's still a chance he controller will be a part of that "new gameplay experience" Iwata was babbling about. Considering the current Rev data doesn't sound much different from any other console that seems plausible. Perhaps we will still get our gyro control...
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    So the backwards compat to snes/nes is probally limited to their first party titles no doubt. A nice thought indeed, but they need to stop leaning on their 1st party titles as a crutch all the damn time.

Still a damn interesting feature i'll admit.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's not hard to do full software emulation (hell, they're emulating the NES on the GBA), especially when you have all of the specs. The catalogue will be limited by what they can get the rights to (the NES->GBA stuff wasn't first-party only, either), not the technology and I doubt many companies are going to decline this offer for some added profit.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Hell, they are emulating SNES on GBA...unoffically, that is.
    Won't gyro controllers be a bitch to repair though? Had a old MS Freestyle thingie that had it's gyro wired to the controlpad so when the gyro broke, well... I would love some version of the fake Nintendo RS VR (just the video and audio bit) helmet for singleplayer games. Just hook up the controller to the console, fix a portable battery and BAMN semiportable gaming! I would pay for it, make it happen Nintendo!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AFAIK thew SNES->GBA emus can't emulate the DSP because that'd require too much power.

Repairing controllers? That rarely happens nowadays and with consoles you can forget about the thing when one control element is dead, anyway. I doubt anybody cares and I'm sure Nintendo will make those at least durable enough to last as long as the console itself (with moderate use, if you're addicted to Smash Bros Online you'll break them in no time anyway).