Home General Discussion

Okay we've all done it :p

-=Warhead=-
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
-=Warhead=- polycounter lvl 18
we've all downloaded a torrent before, so don't lie!
BTW post your fastest one here.. heres mine

yesitisreal.jpg

Replies

• Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    What is a torrent?

Btw, no images in any of your threads every appear for me using IE. What format do you put them in?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    John: Image works for me in both IE and Firefox. It's just a JPG.

A torrent is a way of sharing/downloading files, in a peer-to-peer method. It's a bit like a more compact and localised version of Kazaa or similar p2p software.

Blizzard's updates and stuff for World of Warcraft are distributed using a bit-torrent client. It means that people upload while they're downloading, so it takes stress off their servers.

I think I've got 350kB/s before. I don't think it'd be possible to get much higher than that, I have a 4Mbit cable connection.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I've gotten a 900 lb DL with a 1.2 meg upload.

This was while I was uploading 2 megabytes a second on IRC and downloading something else at about 500.

My fiberoptics could handle more but finding all these things to DL is tough smile.gif
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    This has got to be one of the most pathetic examples of dick-waving I've seen on the internet. Really.

Frank the Avenger
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Pfft, you know nothing about pathetic dick-waving on the internet until you've read a couple of issues of Weekend Web.