Home General Discussion

Star Trek Enterprise: In a Mirror, Darkly... WTF!?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
steady polycounter lvl 18
spoiler warning; if you haven't seen these two episodes I highly recommend you find them.
So it seems that now that they cancelled the series, the writers are finally having fun with the show and doing creative stuff. In this two part story, an evil version of the enterprise crew from a parallel universe come across a captured Enterprise from the original series (old old uniforms, kirk times) and use the ship to their advantage to destroy all other 'rebel' aliens. There is no Federation, instead there is only the Terran empire. We see Sato the asian chick being a total whore and sleeping with whoever is in power, and we also see T'Pol wearing a sexy midriff. It pisses me off that when the show is finally getting interesting they have to cancel it. Boo!

They showcase some new aliens, one of which look terrible due to poor design and poor execution of cgi. There is a reptile dude that the captain fights, was done as a tribute to Kirk? Did this same fight happen in the old old series? I think I remember seeing a pic of Kirk somewhere fighting a reptile dude similar to this before...

Also, is it just me or does the blue alien guy look like the Aliens that Bobo designed for Elite Force 2?

I'll forever be a star trek nerd

Replies

• Bort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bort polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, It's a Gorn.

gorn01.gif

Best thing about these alternate episodes is I don't have to skip in opening credits.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Wasn't there an original series episode where Kirk and Spock get flung into an alternate universe where Uhura is the hussy, Sulu is some sort of kingpin hopeful and Chekov is evil too?
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    all you boys need to go back and watch your original series episodes! sheesh!

and yep, it was called Mirror Mirror, but Uhura got flung over there along with Kirk, McCoy and Scotty. Spock was evil and had a beard smile.gif
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    after sitting through 7 seasons of Deep Space 9 through march and first part of april, i can safely say i hate alternate reality episodes and time travel, well the Ferengi/Roswell one was ok. tongue.gif
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    all you boys need to go back and watch your original series episodes! sheesh!

and yep, it was called Mirror Mirror, but Uhura got flung over there along with Kirk, McCoy and Scotty. Spock was evil and had a beard

[/ QUOTE ]

Dukester, you also need to go back and rewatch the series . The alternate Spock helped the captain get back to his world. He wasn't evil. In fact, in DS9, we discover in their visits to this alternate dimension, he changed the Terran empire to a more peaceful alternate because of our Kirks influence....

Which then was quickly overrun by the Cardassian/Bjorn/Klingnon conglomerate and forced into servatude.

Edit: OMG I just realized how much of a geek this makes me for remembering all this.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, but he was evil for my purpose in describing to sledgy the episode. he was from the parralell universe.

Geek laugh.gif
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Wow. Im in good company. I'll admit that I havent been catching Enterprise, but thats just becuase I never watch TV.
    I'll find the torrents of the epz soon enough though. I loved Enterprise, personally.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    AHH that's right, thanks Dukester.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    steady:I'll forever be a star trek nerd

you ain't no trek nerd if you don't know a)the gorn, b) the mirror universe c)the ship was the USS Defiant from the episode 'the tholian web' of TOS season 3 and that its a constitution-class starship.

the episodes getting better is because they got manny coto running it this year, not berman and braga who did all the temporal cold war BS from the earlier seasons.

\\//_ live long and prosper
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Clued in by the wife to this last hurrah of an otherwise inferior show. They had to wait till the end to pull out all the stops. Actually, it was probably in the can before they announced cancellation.

The best part was the reworked intro, Sword Thru the Earth, yaaahhhh!!

I saw the Gorn coming a mile off. I was excited, but then he sucked. And they cheated, we didn't even get to see him die. I think Scott Bakula did a passable Shatner impersonation. And the T'Pol/Hoshi catfight was a plus.

All in all, I couldn't understand why they thought it was fun and special to pull out stuff from the old show, when they should have been doing that during THE ENTIRE RUN. That would have scored more ratings, I think.

/jzero
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    I watched it too and It really showcases how horrible the show's acting really is, no writing in the world could fix the wooden characters.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I watched it too and It really showcases how horrible the show's acting really is, no writing in the world could fix the wooden characters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, are you talking about the last 2 and upcoming SW or ST?
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    In my view Enterprise is second worst, ahead of voyager and tied with DS9. The original series then the next gen. With the best star trek ahead of all other spinoffs by atleast 20 yards are the original 6 movies.
    Even the horrible save the whales was better then the cockflop of the TV series(es)
    My personal favourates are the Wrath of khan and the undiscovered country.
    Than again I watch star trek for the awesome adventures, struggles and characters, not to watch some losers in 80's outfits pussy foot around for an hour.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no, no, no.
    ds9
    TOS
    ENT
    TNG
    VGR

first contact
    the voyage home
    the wrath of khan/the search for spock
    the undiscovered country
    insurrection
    nemesis
    generations
    final frontier
    slow-motion picture

this is the correct order. this i command.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    The fact you put First contact ahead of wrath of khan disqualifies your statement.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FU! first contact has the three greatest things in it: the borg, time travel and a frewakin cool space battle with the defiant!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm, my SW (STAR WARS) jab was missed.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    ummm, 7 of 9? Losers *slaps head*

Voyager was great, I bought season 4.

-R
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    ugh.. time travel.. almost as bad as alternate dimensions. the only good ones ever were the Ferengi's time traveling and being the Roswell incident and the Trials and Tribble-lations with footage from the orginal series
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    and everyone knows that time travel and alternate dimensions are soooo much more believeable than the lack of aliens in Firefly tongue.gif
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    you lose, asherr.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18