Home General Discussion

The Spirit Molecule (low crab!)

Replies

• Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    People with schyzofrenia, paranoia, "lost soul", people who seek purpos and understandig of life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You. Are. A. Fucking. MORON.

Frank the Avenger
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18
    HOLY SH2T 8 lI1NES

Qube: hah.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Now you're comparing homosexuality to being a chemical junkie? Classy.
    shotgun Though I haven't read anything on it I know it's way too early to say this DMT because a few people with brain disorders seem to be better after taking it. But that in no way suggests in even the slightest way that it a good idea for normal individuals to go mucking about with the balance of chemicals in their brain using this or any other substance. Oh and another thing people with schizophrenia aren't lost souls, they have something wrong with their brains. Maybe it's the drugs talking but there aren't any 'levelup' in the really real world guy.

Cthogua I'm an atheist so... Anyway you seem to be missing a serious point. Most work by tripping a chemical release of some sort in the brain. sure this is simular to what the brain does to itself if say, you broke your leg and were being chased by a bear. the thing is drugs overload whatever system they affect and desensitizing and destroying the system among other things. A bunch of guys broke their brain in a simular way and that proves something? You seem to like to mix religion and science(along with theory and 'fact'), but these things are like oil and water, they don't mix. Here's a theory maybe you should lay off the drugs untill you can tell the diffrence.

Look to be absolutely honest I could not care less if you fry your brains, just keep it to yourself, don't drive while your on that shit, and stop trying to convince others that it's a good idea it's not, and as callous as I am I still have a soft spot for the truth.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    no level up?/
    hah!

well, let me bring you some news, under red light:
    there are level ups.
    You don't automitcally conjour sparkles around you and preform the level up dance, but people do level up. and that is calls enlightment. There are many phases, endless phases, of enlightment. There is also a top layer, which is god. And I apologize for bringing up his name in such a filthy place.

I like to describe it as a sand hour glass, that you actually fill (just like a bottle). One half is already filled - and it is your eternal soul. The other half - is you. When you put in more honesty in and behind your actions, more honesty when willing to accept what you see as you look down the well of your soul. Each time you fill your half of the hour glass with more honesty to accomulate a coherent level - you level up. You reach new understandings of reality. It just comes, revelations. Maybe you understand what I'm talking about, maybe you don't.

Please, no use of calling me a moron, if you just don't understand what I'm saying. (which immediately means I'm actually a moron)

DMT, as I understand it (and that is soley on text descriptions of people who decided to experiece it), well DMT gives you instant, temporary level up. Big, huge, fat level up. And when people come down back to here, they have those incredibly deep and profound revelations about the univrese. How it works, where we fit. The find peace, they feel at home, and they start living real life. They all say "i've been reborn". They say it man, not me.
    I'm just saying,
    hey, this is really interesting guys, check it out. think of the implications. dont take things for granted. so what if sociedy deems it illegal and evil?

be your own judge.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Poop's got a point. If you post on a public forum, you've gotta expect all kinds of replies from every possible angle. You can't pick and choose and censor individuals because you don't agree with them. That would just be stupid.

I don't have a clue what DMT is, nor do I particularly care to find out. I'm pretty sure my life is fine without it. What you do with it is your choice, not mine - just as it is my choice to express my opinion on your actions.

Sonic: That's a rather ridiculously blinkered view. Had it crossed your mind that people might enjoy the taste?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've found that almost any alcoholic drink has a parallel drink that tastes about the same and contains no alchohol, or the drink can be served without it. But you are correct, it is a foolish view. My view on the stance is a bit different considering I'm in the college age range and most people around that age drink just to get drunk.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    Ok as far as I am concerned a legitimate question was asked, and I respond: I have no idea what that drug is like.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rooster, you are a prophet in a sin city.

But enough, burn this thread.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm sure if you started a thread on...necrophilia...you would get very similar responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what's great about dead women is when you're eating them out, you can hear the maggots crunching in their teeth. Who here has tried it, raise of hands? You should. Yummy. Ride the corpse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead women never say "NO" laugh.gif.
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Cthogua I'm an atheist so... Anyway you seem to be missing a serious point. Most work by tripping a chemical release of some sort in the brain. sure this is simular to what the brain does to itself if say, you broke your leg and were being chased by a bear. the thing is drugs overload whatever system they affect and desensitizing and destroying the system among other things. A bunch of guys broke their brain in a simular way and that proves something? You seem to like to mix religion and science(along with theory and 'fact'), but these things are like oil and water, they don't mix. Here's a theory maybe you should lay off the drugs untill you can tell the diffrence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what do ya know! I'm an athiest as well. However I like to try and see things from multiple perspectives. I have no particular attachment to the christian god..I just thought it would make a good example.

Anyway, science and religion are totally reconcileable. Not oil and water at all. Science is simply mans observations on how the world we live in functions. Theres no reason, if you believe god exists, those laws and theorys couldn't just be how god works in the world. The same is true of evolution, as long as you're not a literalist and believe that every word of the bible is supposed to be taken exactly as wirtten. Why can't evolution just be the engine through which god works to change life?

Secondly regarding broken brains and whatnot. Yes some chemicals do overload your brain and can cook you...those are bad an not what I'm talking about. Incase you weren't aware, different chemicals do different things to your body. Some mushrooms will cause unimaginably painful deaths...and some are yummy on pizza. My point is your making a rediculous generalization by stating that all drugs work by overloading the brain and burning it up. Most hallucinogens only effect very specific parts of specific receptors. Alcohol on the other hand shuts down whole sections of the brain.

Another point that I made was that if these people were just "breaking" their brains why is the effect nearly identical? And no its not similar to what the body does when you break your leg or have a fight or flight response. Those are respectively releases of endorphines, which are the bodys natural pain releavers, and adrenaline, which gets your ass outta the way. I'm not talking about a specific chemical being released in the brain, I'm talking about brain states, like sleeping vs waking. The functioning of the brain shifts gears. Two of the extreme states are called Hyperquiescence, which is an extreme relaxation of the brain (experienced during sleep, deep meditation, slow long rituals) and Hyperarousal, a state of extreme concentration, to the exclusion of nearly all external stimuli, brought on by repeated rhythmic motor activity, such as the ritual dancing of Voodoo pratictioneers, and the Hindu rituals that involve piercing.

peas

James Ball
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Why can't evolution just be the engine through which god works to change life?

[/ QUOTE ]

That explaination is only used to trick Christians into believing something most of the intelligent world knows to be true. You're not going to convince them otherwise. It's similar to the strategy used by Christians in the early centuries to convince the Pagans to leave their gods without abandoning their traditions. Believe our knowledge without abandoning your God. Everything is god's will. Like killing puppies. And you call yourself an atheist.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atheist. There is no god. Period. There is no other perspective(based in rational thought) to me.
    You know what man found when he looked at the world? Rational processes. No finger prints from the hand of god anywhere. The world was not made in six days, it wasn't made 4000 years agon and heck it could care less about us for something that was supposedly made for us.
    And anyway pretend for a second that there is a guy up in the clouds named Jehova(street name: G.O.D.). That guys a bastard a thousand times over. What sort of god makes his subjects addicted to cleaning fluid just to feel good?

But we're getting off topic. You know what? You do what you want. I've told you you're full of shit and I've warned you, which is about the full range of the sort of help I'm good for.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Atheist. There is no god. Period. There is no other perspective(based in rational thought) to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems a bit presumptuous to me. I'm agnostic myself. Does a god or gods exist? I don't know, and frankly, I don't really care. If some deity is watching over me, great; if not, it doesn't really change anything, does it?

I personally think it's pointless to dwell on these intangible concepts. Live your life; do what's right regardless of what happens after it's all over.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    You do what you want. I've told you you're full of shit and I've warned you, which is about the full range of the sort of help I'm good for.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in your early twenties, am I right?
  • Voodoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Voodoo polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

That seems a bit presumptuous to me. I'm agnostic myself. Does a god or gods exist? I don't know, and frankly, I don't really care. If some deity is watching over me, great; if not, it doesn't really change anything, does it?

I personally think it's pointless to dwell on these intangible concepts. Live your life; do what's right regardless of what happens after it's all over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, while I personally do not worship a god(s) I dont deny one "may" exsist. Right now it's just not for me, I tend to believe science as there is at least some logical method to the madness.

I also dont do drugs however I do drink occasionally. The first time it was absolutely to fit in but that wasn't until college. In HS I didn't do anything because I was focused on training. Since then I've matured and I drink because I enjoy it. I rarely drink till I'm drunk but sometimes it's just nice to relax with a bud on a gorgeous summer evening sipping on a nice drink.

Personally I have no drive to do drugs, it's just not there. However I realize everybody is different and I truly believe "to each their own". If that's part of somebody's lifestyle good for them. As long as they dont try to push it on me or become dangerous (different people react differently) I've got no problem.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    wow, drugs AND religion!

now we just need someone to mention politics too and we have a full house smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Voodoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Voodoo polycounter lvl 18
    Well... bush did coke...And if America condones a coke head president I dont see why we should look down on the other coke heads just because they prostitute themselves for drug money.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    PS2 is waaay better than suckBox.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah but I fuckin' hate bush. And I've said all I have to say about drugs.
    God does not exist, why would god make the life of an asshole like me so relatively easy and make life so horrible for so many undeserving people? Why would people be so important that all in existance would be for small pudgy stuck-up ape that can't even see it all and doesn't even understand fully what we can observe? An infinite universe just for us? I think not.

vermilion: I'm somewere in my twenties(I try not to think about it and don't remember my exact age off hand), why, is there some joke I don't know about twenty somethings that I stepped into?
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    fight! fight! fight! fight!

To each his own, you don't fuck with my life and I won't fuck with yours.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    wasd sucks! nm<> all the way!
    max is better than maya!
    eh, marmite is tasty!
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well, I've found that almost any alcoholic drink has a parallel drink that tastes about the same and contains no alchohol, or the drink can be served without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding "drink that tastes about the same", that is no good. When I'm drinking a good Prosecco, I'm drinking it for the taste. Concorde "tastes about the same", but it isn't Prosecco. A sumpteous Primitivo is wonderful, but to some it's a bottle of red wine, so "tastes about the same".

Ror Likes his whisky, but he wouldn't drink Bells, even though - yup, you guessed it - it "tastes about the same".

My girl is a vegetarian. I eat mostly vegetarian food, thats fine. She's a stunning cook, and I know my diet is healthier than some other people. We sometimes have vege bacon sandwishes. Vege bacon "tastes about the same" but it's NOT bacon. It misses the flavour a little and doesn't have the texture or the fattiness.

What I got from your argument is that you don't drink, so assume redwine=red wine and whisky=whisky. Without the experience you can't *always* make an informed judgement.

Oh, and Kaliber from Guinnes is an alcohol free beer that tastes like shite. It's worse than Budweiser.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marmite is shit! It's almost like the british try to eat the worst crap in the world!
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    NOTHING is worse than Budweiser.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just wanted to say this serves as a list for me of people I just lost any respect for.

Oh, but not like poop. I meant all of you closeminded fools.
    I haven't ever tried any of that stuff, but i don't look down upon those that have, and i don't think you should.

"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL fucking high on drugs. The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs."

edit: "I try not to think about it and don't remember my exact age off hand"
    HAHAHA, that sounds like a lot of bullshit.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs."

hahah
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    This discussion is evidence that the low crab diet doesn't work. Eat more crab and less word salad!
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    hahahahha fuck you guys.

I only clicked on the link to page 3 to see how far this thread had deteriorated. can't we have someone bring up a topic about drugs and not get tackled by everyone who's got to voice their opinions about what's right and wrong? and now going into religion? why does everyone think they have life so figured out? god dammit. I'm not the least bit religious but I'm getting pretty fucking sick of Atheists and their zealous banter.

have you all gone fucking mad?
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    Drugs-
    There is no drug that will 'give' you anything.
    All intoxicants ever do is dumb you down so the mundane (eg. a fly on a wall) will become interesting. The stronger the intoxicant the stronger the effect.

God-
    Ok, god makes everything. God makes you. God sayth unto you follow these rules and you get to go the happy place, don't follow these rules and into the void with you. Fine, so life is essentially a test. The problem with that is god is omnipotent(look it up) and being omnipotent he would already know the outcome of the test. Thus making the test moot.

Religion is fear of death. Fear that your entire existence is all for nought. Fear that your are not that special snowflake, but a quark in an electron in an atom of a molecule of a spec of sand on a vast desert on a planet of thousands of deserts orbiting a dying star that lies in a field of stars that make up one of vast vista of galaxies. Where if you retreat back far enough, the galaxies become star-like points of light.

A name etched on a rock where people with the similar name come to visit. Soon those persons stop coming. Then, more rocks with the visitors names etched on them. Later the rocks are removed for condo development.

Give up.

-Sett Wormrider
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's not zeal, I've just come to my senses, and as for zealous banter. I'll feel bad when you have to suffer though as much athiest crap as I have had to wade through about the fucking pope in the last week.

MightyPea, you're a hypocrite. I hate the fucking beetles. Drugs killed Hendrix and Ringo is still alive, fuck drugs.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    but what about the marmite??
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I like Marmite. It goes really well with raspberry jam, on sandwiches... I know, that sounds totally insane, but try it - it's a great combination!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    raspberry jam? have you been taking DMT??
    I'll have to give it a try now, but I'd be surprised if it beats jam on cheese.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Rooster: Jam on cheese? Now that is crazy talk!

Eyal: Hmm, you know, I'm not quite sure why you think other people will accept your opinion (on this "drug-influenced perception" issue), when you resolutely refuse to accept other opinions.

I hope you see that it is a fairly futile thing to do - obviously people with strong views on either side of the argument are not going to change their minds easily, so while you think others might be "totally wrong", can't you see that they also think you are "totally wrong"?

Obviously neither of you can be totally wrong! So what is the point in pretending that there are absolutes, when it's pretty much entirely down to personal opinion?

You said what Sett posted is "incredibly false" ... you know he could just as easily say that what you posted is "incredibly false" ... and where would that get us? Nowhere!

This is all such a waste of time and effort, I hope you realise! It makes it so much worse that nobody is providing any backup for any arguments with solid facts that can be verified... ahh... so silly.
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    ok wtf is marmite? finally something interesting in this thread. All I know is that it's british, so it must be bland and yet horrible at the same time, right? Like boiled beef?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's not futile to tell a drug abuser he's doing something wrong. If you believe that, I have a couple friends I'd like you meet that enjoy life with a new awareness...and they've thanked me for holding strong in my stance and being overly critical of their previous habits. In fact, an old classmate of mine thanks me atleast once a week through messenger, and it's starting to get annoying. :P

Look at all those musicians who did drugs. Many of them are now dead, soon to be dead, or cleaning themselves up. For many, being clean has improved their musical talents. That little voice that tells you to experiment with drugs is your low self-esteem, and lack of direction.

There are some who don't realize the stars in the sky are distant solar systems and galaxies. Am I wrong to inform them? And if they don't believe me, am I wrong to keep trying?
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    whoah steady on, you guys do drink bud right? Frankie is right, as far as bland and yet horrible goes that is it :] budvar all the way.

Marmite is a spread made from yeast extract and probably what I'd use to define the opposite of bland.. theres no describing the taste really, you love it or hate it. If you do try it eventually be sparing, as the first time I had some I coated the toast thickly and was sincerely regretful on the first bite..

aaah, my mate marmite.

ok sorry for hi-jacking the thread laugh.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh my god esylium, you are so ridiculous. How old the hell are you?

and MoP, you are such a nice guy smile.gif
    You have a point there, it is true one must be able to accept other's opinion if he wants them to accept his. Otherwise, his conception of "accepting opinions" is wrong (to our standart) and he couldnt be requesting that from others.

When I said his post was false, that's because it is fundamentally false, there is no matter on personalized opinion here.

Just for example, you open a book about Islam under "what is good? life or death?" (hypothetical stupid question) and you will see it says neither. I mean, they are equal.

Or that drugs make you dumb. Like hello? Alcohol? What the huff? He does't know what he is talking about, out of that boring live in snow how would he know.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    i don't need drugs to alter my perceptions. i just use the power of my imagination...

drugs = teh suxxors
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aah, but preception is reality. Enhancement of reality.
    Imagination is making it up.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    oh my god elysium

[/ QUOTE ]

damn right! tongue.gif
  • Negadeth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Negadeth polycounter lvl 18
    My own stance on drug use is easy to state and difficult to explain.

I am against drug use.

And I shall do my best to explain why.

Basically, everything that makes up you is inside your brain right?
    I mean you use your body to accomplish tasks and to get what you want, via your brain, and your senses are all sent to and decoded by your brain.
    Your brain is what allows you to think and make decisions.
    In short, all you are is that lump of grey matter inside the skull. Everything else is there to keep you alive and to allow you to interact with the outside world from the confines of your head.

Drugs work by altering your brain; by changing the way your brain works.
    In essence, drugs fuck around with your very being.

And I'm not comfortable with that.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    MoP, you are such a nice guy smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I try, man, I try wink.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    smile.gif

You know, DMT is nmore than just a drug. LSD, THC, MDMA, etc., they get people only that high (normally, there have been interventions). If you ask someone who is in a state of either one of these, about seeing everything as light, as god's creation, before it has been molded into wall /fly /hooker in street corner, they will say wtf. Some will know what you are talking about, since they are naturally born at higher states of concionsness (aka starting level for human warrior: 52 (EXP 1500/2100), but they will say :yes, but i have a ceiling over my head. I cannot trance-ascned into that state. It is more suprior than I can trance-ascend and reach that state of preception while living here, on this planet, in this form.

When you take DMT, there is an intervention of upper beings. It is beyond the chemical level. DMT may just be a key element in nature. We just have to find the door, and realize the relationships.

When people are born at level 52, it is because their spirit has done so much in other forms, and has acquired so much knowladge, that it is too dismissive, too abusive, to let her take another life and not use this knowladge to the greater good. So she takes enough of that with her, into her new life.. well that's what I beieve anyways, but it is a lot also what Zen buddhism and various other religeon's say or imply on in their transcripts, by the way. In here, at least, I have proov backup so dont call me crazy just yet wink.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    When you take DMT, there is an intervention of upper beings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be a nice guy, but that's crazy talk! confused.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy talk huh
    Well, we'll see about that smile.gif
    I won't go public with is yet, dont worry smile.gif

think of that ceiling I mentioned. It cannot be broken through while living here, as I wrote. Thing is, when you die, there's like a hole in that ceiling, and you trance-ascend through that portal. Which is what I said DMT does.
    Remember, when you die, DMT is released in our brains!!!
    Known sceintific fact.

Poeple who have died, as they were dying or during that state of half death people experience some times, you know, well remember they alawys say "I see the light... light.."

All people under DMT describe their preception of light. Read about it in the site I linked. Everything is made of light, they repeatedly elaborate. They are still in this form, on this realm (they are not dead), but they it through their eyes, in that body, through that brain, through that mind, and from that other realm.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    ah so it's about power-leveling? I prefer to play the game and let the levels increase as and when :P