Home General Discussion

BF1942 TONIGHT! Polycount server!! (Saturday)

sal_manilla
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
I thought I'd put up a new post and a reminder for tonight.
Most of us start around 5 or six but the main gang shows up around 8 pm EST. Let's RAWK!! crazy.gif

Replies

• Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    OK.. So the deal is :

Server : nibbler.fastpc.com
    Password: polycount
    When: Tonight (Saturday, March 26, 2005)@ >8:00 PM EST

Am I missing anything ??

I guess no one bothered with the "X-fire" program.. oh well..

I will be checking out the server on and off throughout the day to see if it runs well for me, and / or to see if there is anyone on to play for a little practice. If anyone would like to join me.. feel free.. It would be nice to have some fun with the Polycount crew (or new people too)
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I don't care to use X-fire. Normally I keep Skype open in the background so I can talk to friends I'm playing with. The sound is crystal clear unlike the voices in CSS which sound like Charlie Brown's mom. But I don't think many people use Skype along with games yet.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I'll try to make it, but I'm out go-karting later and Im not sure I'll be back in time. If not I'll be there in spirit! 'TALLY HO!!!'
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm never heard of Skype.. the only reason I even have X-fire is a few other people I know mentioned it, and it seems like a decent program to use especially since many of the games are supporting X-fire (and visa versa) and the "click to join" option when you see a friend online playing on a server.

As for voice programs, If tried Teamspeak a few times, but not to the extent where I can make a judgement call on whether it is good or crappy.. Ill have to research a little on Skype
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    Woot! I'm in tonight... are we playing straight BF1942?
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv: yeah still vanilla.
    Hunter: I just got done using Teamspeak for the 1st time and I think it's amazing. You can use voice actuate of key bind. I bound a key. The reception is clear. I was talkin' to guys in Canada, Chicago and N. Carolina while playing BF and it worked great. Very cool. smile.gif
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    i'm too drunk, you guys have fun.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    I'm too ill this week, next week though.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    D'oh! I took my laptop home for the weekend, don't have the game here. Dammit!
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm got on a bit late (9PM) and I was the only one there until "the_bird" dropped in a few minutes later..
    Then after he and I were playing some fun 1 on 1, the server crashed..

frown.gif

Now I cant get back in to find "the_bird" and perhaps find another server. LOL
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Film at 11. Dam, hunter, I went on at 5 and beat up Grindy for a while. grinning-smiley-047.gif Then we both took a respite till 8. A few guys (6) all together played for a bit. 1 left...the rest followed. I must've missed you by minutes. Too bad another body or two and I'd have stayed for a while. Some guys were out sick or drunk. Maybe next week, eh? smile.gif Sorry, man. frown.gif We just gotta have more peeps to make this game move, ya know?
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I went back to the server after a few minutes.. it seemed maybe it was just a connection problem on my part.. Me and the_bird played one on one dogfights for a while.. then along came astrozombie and cep.. So it was a two on two game for a while then it wound up being me and the_bird again for more one on one dogfighting.. We actually had a good time, but would have been a blast withmore people.. I think Im going to visit the server more often in the hopes of bumping into more people during the weeknights.. I may pay a visit now on this relaxing and slow Easter sunday..
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I went on at 5 and got beat up by Grindy for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I liked how your whole team left just after I destroyed both your ships.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Would have been fun with more of us but it was still a good time. I haven't played BF in ages so it was a nice change. Always more fun to play with people you know as well.
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    i was away at work playing tabletop games for 4 hours..oh well maybe next time
  • GoK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoK polycounter lvl 18
    Is any one playing tonight im gonna be home (mmmmmm broadband again laugh.gif) or is it not a regular thing?

Jody
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Id like to play but I may be heading down to Long Island to make it easier for me to get to work the next day.. Perhaps a little early morning or daytime scrimage for those of us who didnt go out and soak ourselves in alcohol the night before ?? Ive been on and off of the server all during the week, but I have never bumped into anyone else.. grrr
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    I'd be down for a game April 2nd (tomarrow) around 5pm PST.
    (thats 8pm for you queer easterners) smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone else available for a game tonight? I'll jump in around 7 or 8 queer eastern time to check. I'd like to atleast get an hour in with 4 vs. 4.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    heeeey
    I'm goin go to try and make it tonight.

Prepare to taste the back of my crystal fist.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry fellas. I'm over in PA at my brothers. 2-3 inches o' rain in the way. frown.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bump...I'm in. Daz is in atm. Let's go people!
  • GoK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoK polycounter lvl 18
    ok damn i should have checked this last nite, fell asleep watching the sopranos, anyway if we can orgonise a game for next week in advance im shure more people would play smile.gif i realy want to shoot at you guys !

Jody
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will be on later today (Thurs April 7th EST) look me up on X-fire (Hunter0001) in case youre online and ready for a game.. LOL.. if not, Ill check the "nibbler" server throughout the day / evening for some Polycounters to kill.. er play with..
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I would, but for some reason my laptop's graphics card really doesn't like BF1942. It starts running slowly after 10 minutes, then crashes after 15-20 minutes, pretty much consistently. Not fun. Does the same on Call of Duty, too ... but Warcraft III and UT2k4 are fine... very odd.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry fellas, every other week or so I got a date with Jose Cuervo, my guitar, loud music and good friends. I just got back a few mins ago and had a great time playin' everything from Ozzie to Lynyrd Skynrd. Boyeeeeee. smile.gif