Home General Discussion

O/T any airgunners out there?

tpe
tpe
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
tpe polycounter lvl 18
I know its very childish, a grown man getting a bb gun but the missus just let me get this... and i am very excited, blabber drewel etc.

http://www.fxairguns.com/products/fx_tarantula/tarantula_015.jpg

Ajustable to 30Ftlb 8 shot magazine, silenced with a 3-9x40 tasco scope, 0.5" grouping at 50yds

There are restrictions that make it very difficult to get a FAC here like a ~ $400 compulsory training course so i will see how fun this is and go from there, and i always wanted one as a boy

Love to see what you got and hear what they are like.

tpe

P.S does anyone know if a scilencer messes up accuracy, or even works?

Replies

• sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Holy crap, Tim, that is a bad lookin' gun there. I never got serious with the hobby. As a kid I used to shoot bummble bees and dragon flies with something like this. http://store1.yimg.com/I/cobraairguns_1835_8897621 At 16 I got my first .22 which I still have. I hunted deer and did my own reloads. Later sold all that for camera equip. Whew.....the abridged version. smirk.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Well, that isn't the same as Paintball right? (the weapon doesn't seem very suitable for that).
    Anyways, when I was ~18, I seriously thought about trying Paintball a bit, and there was even a club near the place I lived back then (duue... thats already 5 years ago confused.gif ). But it was completly infested by (wannabe) neonazis mad.gif
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Jesus sal i didnt know it was alowed to shoot deer with a .22*, but dont you think that hunting and photography have something of the same in them (but i guess you eat better from the former), you have to be at one with nature andtrack down your prey etc, great to get out etc?

* ok, but this is an exception... http://www.connext.net/~daq/airgunelka.html http://www.connext.net/~daq/index.html (check out the velocities, can anyone say if it is higher than a rimfire?)
    if you still have your first one it is probably a collectors item and worth a fortune by now.

-Julius- its amazing how everyone turns into raving psycos paintballing (and video games have a bad name), but the guns are so damn expencive, the rifle i got costs less than a paintball setup, o.k. i guess i cant shoot other people with it but i couldnt aford the paintball ammo either.

tpe
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    i've got an air rifle, though nothing as nice as what you've got there. mine's black and sort of looks like they were going for an assault-rifle look. i really don't like shooting anything living, even bumblebees, but i love to blow gi-joes and other toys from my childhood apart with my bb gun.

i've also go a pretty nice paintball gun as well, think its called a Spyder 2 or something. spent way too much for it and only used it a couple times... hard to get enough people together to get a good game on. up here in maine we just run around in the woods, no courses set up like i understand they are in the cities.

one thing that bothered me with paintball is the big bladders that hold all the ammo. i broke out my welding tools and made myself a set of 'clips' out of copper tubing. fits perfectly, is nice metal like the rest of my gun, and doubles for a handle. each clip holds ten shots (+ one in the hole). then i sewed a holder for them out of a shotgun-shell strap. that straps onto the thigh, holds six of the clips. great for running around without wanting to go through 1000 paintballs.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    LOL...no Tim....that was my first real gun. When I hunted deer I used a few different ones. My first year was a 7.62 French MAS, then a Remington .244, then I had a nice Herter's .270 with a 3-9 scope. The challenge was too easy so I went back to a single shot 30-30 and still got a deer. I moved to California and my interests changed. smile.gif