Home General Discussion

Battlefield 1942....Let's get a game on!

Replies

• ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    Woohoo! I got it all set up, the wife and kids will be gone to some "real life" party (bah!)... I'm ready smile.gif
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    Have a blast guys, i will be with you in spirit, even if not virtually smile.gif

tpe
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    US vs. the World? If we can get enough players, that is.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Ironically, a buddy just asked me if I could spend time tonight helping him out a bit with his art test to apply to a gaming company tongue.gif I hope to see you guys on, but if not, I'll be fighting the good fight elsewhere!
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    its getting close guys, get ready for the literati lashings!
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Argh, we didn't get a groupshot. Gotta do that next time. Was nice playing with you all. Now, if you don't mind, I gotta take a lie down until I stop shaking from all this caffine smile.gif.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    WOW...that was fun guys. Too bad about the outsiders. Next time we password, eh? GGs Roger that!! smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I totally forgot about grabbing screens. I would have liked to get a couple of shots of sneaking up on ndcv as he hid cowering in the dark ;-p

That was fun though! Apart from the obvious smile.gif Get a password setup next time smile.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Ah, yeah, it's 3am over there isn't it Cubik smile.gif

We should password-protect the server next time... it's much better when it's just people you recognise, rather than unknown people who play it in clans and are obviously way better than me specifically smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Heh yeah Paul, I dunno man. I was a little suspicious of quite how hard that guy was to hit ( I forget the clan name ). Perhaps he really was that good, but in a one on one on foot he seemed pretty invincible.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think those homing grenades he was throwing helped a bit. On the other hand, I hadn't played BF in nearly two years, so everyone looked like Thresh to me tongue.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    That was fun alright. Hope you had fun killing me blush.gif
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    I know the guy you're talking about... GM or GP something... that was lame. He was the toughest medic ever, you could shoot and shoot and shoot him and he would NEVER DIE.

Unlike me, when DaZ came and found me hiding in my corner... jerk :P
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I noticed grenades kept landing at my feet when he threw them from miles away... couldn't work out whether he was just a really good throw, or there was something fishy going on there smile.gif

Thresh! Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    ha. i kicked so much ass. even got a few shots on Ror as you guys were trying to kick him. pansies. just give me the tank. During Bocage, I sniped the enemy base and shot Daz like 3 times in a row before stealing one of their planes.

At one point it was me against chunky. i had a friggin tank, and he had those wussie boy sandbags. I kept blasting and shooting, but couldn't kill the bastard. He kept crawling around them hiding from me. Finally I jumped out of the tank to ambush his ass, then he stole my fucking tank and blasted me.

ah...good times. so uh...same time next week, password protected this time?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    "I sniped the enemy base and shot Daz like 3 times in a row before stealing one of their planes."

Yeah that's otherwise known as spawn camping Elysium smile.gif Call it what you will, it was definitely trying my patience!

But yeah fun times. Do you guys prefer to play with FF on then? I find the carnage factor can be upped a little with it off.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aye definetly next week, same time, same place, with a password though. Good fun, always more fun killing people you know than fragging strangers.... well, theres less motivation to gloat!

Best moment for me was when i think Verm and Ikrann were both taking potshots at me after i had to ditch my tank, i was panicking, switching weapons and ended up with the bloody knife instead of the rifle ( i was an engineer).

I was so sure they were going to take me out, but i must have ran inbetween them and they shot each other lol.

I didnt feel so smart when running away i walked over a landmine, ahh, sweet sweet karma!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Call it what you will

[/ QUOTE ]

I call it keeping you out of the planes for a minute so my team can get some flags back...hehe. I didn't stay there long...I was just curious why you kept spawning in the same spot. I remember you trying to take off with one of our planes as well. tongue.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I'd prefer Friendly Fire off if that's at all possible... it allows for more fun stunts smile.gif
    Plus I accidentally ran over teammates a couple of times... not my fault if they step out in front of my jeep!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Plus I accidentally ran over teammates a couple of times...

[/ QUOTE ]

that's right you sicko! I just wanted a ride.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hahah... Ror, man, didn't they tell you? I was an undercover literati agent, I was covering your escape! Okay, no, I just sucked terribly tongue.gif I'll have to spend an hour or two online this week to brush up on my skills, but I'd love to get back at it with you guys again next Saturday.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I kept spawning in the same spot 'cos I was so goddammed determined to figure out where you were. I of course figured that out when I saw you hammering down the runway in one of our shiny P45's smile.gif

Still, I can't deny 'borrowing' a Meschersmit or two! hahah

Yeah FF on means you can barely lay any mines or use the expak. And thats no fun boohoo!

So who votes for FF off? Just me and MoP so far?
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    ...I was so sure they were going to take me out, but i must have ran inbetween them and they shot each other lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like my pour skills smile.gif

Next week sounds good. The wife and kids are out of the house that weekend so I can sleep in. The 3 hours sleep I got this night didn't really do it. crazy.gif

I'm all for turning FF off too.

And I wouldn't mind a shorter spawning time. With the amount of dying that I do I spend half the time waiting to get back in mad.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Next week sounds great. Any chance of playing earlier? I feel bad for our Euro friends. That's awfully late. I'm open in that regard and also in favor of FF. Great seeing all you guys there. Maybe we can round up some more peeps by next week. Over all that was a hoot! Here's me and Grindy next week. blowingup.gif

OH, here's a screeny of the names of most of our players and some uninvited guests. BF1942_Mar13.jpg
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't really make any promises to be earlier, kids come first... that doesn't mean you guys can't start early before me though smile.gif

Oh and I'd really like to have the maps, battle of the bulge, Gazala and Guadal Canal be played smile.gif(
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, Gazala and Guadalcanal rule!
    How about some CTF instead of Conquest? With a few people on each team, CTF is excellent, especially on Guadalcanal.

I suggest Friendly Fire set to off, map on Guadalcanal, gametype as CTF... that sounds like maximum fun smile.gif
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    I'm a big battle of the bulge fan too ror... I vote for that. I'll try and make it in next weekend smile.gif
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im not interested in CTF tbh, i really just love tank warfare in the original BF.

I bought road to rome and secret weapons too, but I didnt think as much of them. I'm really looking forward to BF2, are we all going to get together for that when it hits also?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, definitely! BF2 and the new Elder Scrolls games are the ones I'm looking forward to this year smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Oh yeah! I'm trying to get hold of a beta actually so If I have any luck I'll let you know how it's looking. I dunno If any of you saw the latest videos that were just released but its looking really really promising.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I jumped in early yesterday and set the map to Wake Island, after practising on Bocage for 15 minutes. I'll spend this week practising the other maps so I can be ready for the next round. I really don't know if I've played all the original maps.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm really looking forward to BF2, are we all going to get together for that when it hits also?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hell yes. Amazon has it ready for pre-order, and it's getting the attention. I'm hoping they release a small demo like they did with the Wake Island map.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1) Password is a must.

2) I'd prefer no friendly fire, and I'm sure Sal would as well since I gunned him down at least once (accidentally, I swear!)

3) I don't have much interest in anything but the standard game mode, but will play whatever. I'd also love to give the Road To Rome maps a go if everyone has them - I bought the expansion but none of my buds did, so I never got to try them in multi-player.

4) I want to play on Daz's team because he killed me like 18 times in five minutes.

That is all. smile.gif
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't like Road to Rome and Secret weapons too much but the jetpack with the big machine gun from Secret weapons does kick ass.

As a password word you can always use Cheapalerts's obsession. Only Polycount folks know what that is smile.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Masturbation? LOL J/K :P
  • tpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tpe polycounter lvl 18
    LOL
    I like ikrans score the best, makes me feel at home

tpe
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tim, do you have this game? I'm wondering where Nano went, too. Hmmmmmmmmm frown.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK, countdown and bump. 3 days....bring yer friends. Roger that?
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    DAMN COUNT ME IN ON THE NEXT BATTLE !!

When is it ? Im available all day THUR (3-17)
  • GoK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoK polycounter lvl 18
    Im gonna go bye myself a copy and join in sounds like fun smile.gif

Jody
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    Oops looks like a double posted.. forgot the earlier one went through..

You can pick up the original BF1942 AND the two expansion packs for 29.99 or under (depending on the retailer)..
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I may jump in tonight around 9 EST and practice on a few maps. Do some plane stunts and stuff, find good sniping spots.
  • JonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonT polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    OK, countdown and bump. 3 days....bring yer friends. Roger that?

[/ QUOTE ]poly109.gif

You kids have fun without me okay?
    poly126.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    OK so to recap...

When?
    Where?
    And vanilla BF? How about switchin' it up to DC or something? Just a thought smile.gif (I'll even host all the appropiate files if people need to DL the mod).

Also... my BF1942 clan hosts a TeamSpeak server for those of us with mic's. I'll post the IP when I get home.

• sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THE game is scheduled for Sat. eve just like last week...at 8 pm EST. It will be vanilla BF1942...the majority didn't want DC although that's my fav. I've asked kubber to password it for us..... the word being "polycount". Get your friends..the more the merrier, ya know? Enemy ship spotted!

sal car-smiley-031.gif

Hunter: good to see ya down this neck o' the woods.

Jon: frown.gif

GOK: Get it...HURRY! smile.gif
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    Hopefully I'll be able to get in there again... that was way too much fun last Saturday smile.gif
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will it be the same server?
    IP: nibbler.fastpc.com
    server: Polycount BF1942 Server
    password: polycount

Can you find the server directly in BF1942 or do you always have to go through GameSpy Arcade. That was the only way I could get on it last week.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    just go to 'add server' in the multiplayer menu and type in the server name. I don't even have Gamespy Arcade installed.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I can join the server just fine straight from bf1942's add server button, hardly any lag for me laugh.gif