Home General Discussion

Is World of Warcraft good?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
Ive plyed WOW and i liked it a lot. 3 of my griends have the game. Thiers a fee for it 15$ a month. which ist to bad if u have a job like me. But i wanna kno what some other people think.

Replies

• Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    If you like it, and you have friends there, then it's worth $15 a month. And this is comming from someone who hasn't played WOW at all wink.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I've been considering playing it for some time now. Bah, I need to go to a buddies house that plays it and watch.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    WOW is way too addicting :S
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
    i leanin far on the edge of yes so ill probally get it thx
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    i enjoyed it for several months, but as all mmoRPGS I'VE GROWN BORED OF IT
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    My love affair with WoW is just about finished too, but I've been playing hardcore since the middle of closed beta and it's definitely time for me to find something new to be obsessed with (such as stompin' Ror's horde of assault terminators with two squads of demon flame-spewing possessed smile.gif). For the time I played, it was incredibly fun and addicting. Definitely write your loved ones a letter of farewell, and check it out!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like it but it does have a short life span. Before the free month was up I hit lvl 25... and I wouldn't say I was playing that much, only an average of 10 hours a week. But recent hotfixes have done more damage than good. They tried to some lag issues and ended up causing some pretty big server outages, opps... The lag is still there, even alittle worse. They have not patched in two months because they are working on a very large (lvl 56-60) content patch and I just read in the wow forums that most bugs won't be fixed until after the large content patch... Which means the 90% of us who are not at 56-60 will have to wait another month before game breaking bugs are fixed.

I don't know why I am shocked from what I hear this happens to all MMO's, I am not sure what made me think Bliz would do any different?
  • Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    but really, the game has so MANY GOD DAMN PEOPLE PLAYING. its incredible you can play at all. the lag def. sucks on the high pop servers. its still existant on the low pop ones, so you have 3 options....

i find it amazing their still making new servers, but then their making all that phat cash.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    I think the worst issues will be fixed simply by implementing Battlegrounds and cutting down on the lag-spiking raids, giving PvP-lovin' types a server of their own to go emulate Warcraft 3 on. Months after release, having to deal with the performance impact of raids all the while, people still haven't learned that the 2-3 second latency you tend to get during a raid is not what most of us consider "fun".
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the lag they have when large numbers of players gather in say the Auction House or outside of the bank (in IF) could be fixed if they made the AH and Bank instanced. I have mentioned it since closed beta and I have gotten a response of "that would fix the issue but we don't have the time to do that"...

Badge, lets not get mad at the players for wanting to play a really fun game (when it works right). BTW my realm is down again for the 4th time this week and its only thursday, GRRR... I feel like I got my $4.15 out of this week =( Maybe they will crash the servers again before Saturday, I can only hope that I try to log in and can't, maybe then I focus on something besides WoW =P
  • jgall21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jgall21 polycounter lvl 18
    yes indeed its worth paying $15.00 a month i just baught an account in the server boulderfist if anyone is interisted
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I'm trying to quit WOW myself it's turned into a big time waster
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Fortunately, Blizzard is helping you save time by making sure the servers are offline for 'emergency maintainence' two or three times a week. Four months of retail and they still can't get the game to stay up - nothing like getting nailed with an Emergency Shutdown while in the middle of an instance...
  • Ribking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ribking polycounter lvl 18
    I had to go cold turkey during the beta. Haven't looked back since...although I still enjoy hearing about it on a daily basis from almost everyone in the office.

Man...that game punched me in the life. I'm thankful it was a free lesson, though.
  • jgall21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jgall21 polycounter lvl 18
    well in that instance blizzard is using old servers to run the realms that WOW utilizes, if you look at EQ2 the servers they use brand spanking new and always running but i like WOW better i dont know its just cool cuz mainly were i work @ we all play it together, I work At a cyber cafe in California(LA Area). nuff said for now.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I quit WOW last night, I'm freeeeeeeeeee!