Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Akuma model WIP

Jonathan Nascone
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan Nascone polycounter lvl 18
Hey Ya'll This is my first post on here- long time admirer. Currently I am working on a 6-8k model of Akuma. I want to model the Gi, and all his accessories seperate so i he can have different looks. I also wanted to stay away from typical Anime proportions and altho i exagerated this too, its in no way like typial anime proportions u always see like in Falcoons stuff. I will keep posted Wips, hope some of you are inerested. more tomorrow....

akuma_wire_v3.jpg
akuma_v3.jpg
akuma_nonsmooth_v3.jpg

more work at: DigitalGannon.com

Replies

• Jonathan Nascone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I couldnt sleep so i spent an hour on pants and accessories like sandals, necklace, pants and tie-belt. more to come soon...

akuma_wip_v4.jpg
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Hey hey, welcome to polycount. smile.gif looking good. I love you're portfolio, lots of great illustrations and models. That lion warrior is awesome!.

Model looks great. Edge flow is good. The new stuff looks good too. I was going to say you might want to fix the sharp edge on the inner calf. It really stands out in the silhouette. One final thing, i've found that if you turn the toes out just a little bit on your reference pose it accualy looks a bit better. laugh.gif
  • Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    Looks really cool man, akumais with Ken my fav character ok the whole SF saga (maybe because he is really a boosted charcater if compared to the others smile.gif )

The only things I spoted is that his lower part of the leg maybe too thin and curved (side view), also you should curve the arms a little bit in the side view.

Just my two cents, keep it up !
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    nice model man really. good muscledefinition and proportion, the not so animestyle works well smile.gif
    think you could turn the feet slightly outwards, pose looks a bit odd now. also this could just be the pose but the knee area looks a little weird? like to thin if u know what i mean

nice modelling, keep it up!

is the whole character with clothes and accesories gonna be 6-8k or is it just the char?
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    this rox! i love SF, i always pick the dudes with the Gis, theyre so hardcore. Nice website dude, I think you mispelled Bobo's name though, "Brian Jones" instead of "James Jones"
    sdk possibly?
  • cep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cep polycounter lvl 18

I think the flow could be cleaned up quite a bit.
    The deltiods are real sharp meeting the arms, it looks unatural.
    Alot of his armpit is exposed, I think it'd look nicer if you pull the pecs out.

The legs could also use alot of work, the side profile of the calfe is real small compared to the general body definition. The side profile of his head looks off, he doesn't have much of a jaw. The hands also look to skinny.
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    The lower legs do look thin as others have said, and with all those polys you should smooth out some of the sharp places like the legs and forearms. Also, the feet should be moved a little forward. His center of gravity looks like it be where his toes are, so as is he's gonna fall forward.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    steady: Bobo's name is actually James Brian Jones, so you're both right smile.gif

This is a cool model... I like his facial expression. The edge flow is cool too.
    I don't like the way the feet are pointing inwards, I always think it looks more natural and "plants" the mesh solidly on the ground if you rotate the feet outwards a little.
    Also I think the waist seems a little narrow for someone of his bulk?
    Good work though.

MoP
  • Jonathan Nascone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another batch- worked on anatomy a bit and finished the first Gi. Gonna work on armbands nxt followed by his alternate Gi.

New wire w/out Gi:
    akuma_wire2.jpg

Wire w/ Gi:
    akuma_fpb_2.jpg

some simple screen grabs w/ shader:
    akuma_wip_4.jpg
    CU:
    akuma_cu.jpg
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Why did you model it without the outfit? will he ever be naked? Its looking cool man. I would just say clean up the mesh a bit, as its got some areas that are a bit messy, but overall I am digging it. You better texture this baby and finish a few poses.
  • Jonathan Nascone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well poop, i wanted to have different outfits for him, one Gi he has its all torn up and dangels down in shreds at his waist- the other is like the one i have. I thought it would be cool to be able to chenge them aroundand just add different outfits on him. Cleanup is in full effect- i see alot of areas too that need soem house cleaning. Texturing this akuma should be a blast as well as posing him. Thanks to everyones comments all are VERY helpful!