Home General Discussion

Lineage 2

Soul_Reaper
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
I saw a while ago on that discussion about griefing in MMORPGs that some of you guys played Lineage 2.

I just picked up the game myself, and I was wondering if any of you still play, and on what server.

I just created my first character (An Orc by the name of Noacyl) on Lionna, but I don't really know anyone on there yet so it's kinda lonely
frown.gif

Replies

• pogonip
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Wow IMO that game is the worst MMPRPG ever !!!!
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    That's not just you. But then I heard There Inc. is even worse.
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    played beta it was fun, but the grind is horrendous.
    switched to coh beta and retail, more fun than l2, but only killing gets boring after a while, they do have a great community though, and city of villains looks like it might fix a lot of coh's shortcomings
    wow conquers all though smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine: What, it was fun for you in the Beta? Whoa, how did'ya manage THAT?
  • Malekyth
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    I'm kind of sorry that WoW is the first MMORPG I played. All others seem to pale in comparison. I think Lineage 2 is very pretty and I'd like to check it out, but am afraid I'll have a City of Heroes-like reaction to it and put it down after a couple sessions. Need to find someone who plays and watch over their shoulder, I think.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Lineage 2 can be summed up easily: Click on monster, wait for fight to end, wait for health and mana to restore, click on next monster. At some point I got so bored from waiting I started using my GBA whenever I had to wait for something. At some point I just stopped caring about the game on my PC and continued playing Metroid Zero Mission.
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    kdr: i was in cb, when you could go between fights rather quickly, rather than spending most of your time looking for a monster that wasn't being attacked
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    The "finding a monster" bit wasn't a problem, the "recover HP and MP" bit was.
  • pogonip
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    I loved when you were almost dead and you would run from a monster and it would chase you ...and chase you...and chase you...until it caught you trying to look back and see if it was there and then it would kill you . I also thought it was totally sweet how 90% of the people in the game could not speak english !!
  • e_x
    Offline / Send Message
    e_x polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, I use to play on Lionna!! I played a Dark Elf Assassin to level 36, and I have to say towards the end, it was not a fun game. The level grind is HUGE, and the downtime is almost just as big.

I will say this though, the art style is wonderful and the creature and armor design is some of the best I've seen.

My advice would be to find a clan with some guys that you can get a long with and hunt with them, because going around soloing by yourself will wear you down. I never did participate in a castle seige, but I heard it was by far the best part of the game, too bad you need to be around level 40 to be effective though.

Another thing is, find a "quest" where you can kill monsters for items that you can redeem for adena or other items. This way you aren't wasting your time just killing stuff. There is a nice spider quest on Talking Island that you might be able to do. You kill spiders for 'Spider Husks' (I think) which you can either turn in for arrows (I think) or healing potions. Take the potions because you can turn around and sell them for around 600 adena, which turns a good profit. There are others, but I can't remember them.

And if you get desperate, you can always buy 1 million adena off of eBay and twink out your Orc (which might make the game enjoyable).
  • Michael Knubben
    OMG killsteal!
    that's what i kept hearing when i'd targetted a monster, and then some idiot melee-guy ran at it to attack it.
  • Jes
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    SWG rocks... 'Nuff said! tongue.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes: Millions of disgruntled Star Wars fans disagree. How long did that combat revamp take?
  • Jes
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    It's still not here... Yet...
    But then again, maybe, if most of the "disgruntled fans" chose something else than the usual rifleman + fencer/tk/cm templates, and didn't afk-grind their way to mastery, then they'd actually have fun for once. poly131.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually most of the disgruntled fans quit playing and went to WoW...
  • RageUnleashed
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    I played the beta and just stopped playing after awhile. The whole level grind, as people mentioned, could be a total drag, so I'd being doing something else while clicking on monsters and waiting for myself to heal.

The thing is I hadn't explored the game to any great depths however, while a friend of mine had. The PvP aspect is quite exciting, and the castle sieges look fun as hell. The quests I did do were pretty fun as well.

Tis certainly a fun RPG if you get into the intricacies of it, but from what I've heard it just doesn't stand up to other MMORPGs such as WoW, EQ2, SWG, or CoH. I have a friend who was hardcore into the first Lineage game, but when the second one came out, he played it about a month before going back to playing the first one.