Home General Discussion

Bad hair

Daz
Daz
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Daz polycounter lvl 18
Seriously, fuck right off Supercuts.

I said a grade 3, then finger length on top brushed forward for fucks sake. And waddya do? Go ahead and make the sides so short that you can see skin, shave off my sideburns and keep the top too long! I look fucking ridiculous! I look like a 12 yr old in a Norman Rockwell painting. All I need now is short pants and a fucking fishing rod or something. I didn't really see the full extent of the damage til I got home. When I saw how short the sides were, I just wanted out of that chair.

Bastards! Now I can't go out tonight. WTF. Can someone come round and just shave it all off please?! I've got a date mid next week too. WTF am I meant to do now????

Replies

• Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    haha you went to supercuts. i think you deserve what you got, going to supercuts.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I normally go to the local old-fashioned Barber Shop and say "yes sir, gimme a nice short trim" to Mr. Ross. You kids and your fancy corporate run hair stylists. I'd rather buzz my own head than have some art school drop-out pokin me with scissors. ooo.gif
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    i know what you mean man. i paid 20 bucks for a hair stylist before my interview and basicaly got no style what so ever, and a hair cut that not only looked terrible, but i looked like i needed a damn haircut.

sucks man. put on a hat? frown.gif
  • mr.toast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mr.toast polycounter lvl 18
    i usally go to a black mans barbershop, they cut hair the best, but latley ive been cutting my own hair since i do a pretty decent job giving myself a shape-up
  • Cannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cannon polycounter lvl 18
    I get free haircuts.

My father owns a barbershop.
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    webproduct%20shot%20copy.jpg
    Here ya go.

After they cut your hair, ya gotta tip'em too. Damn them, damn them all to hell!
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    There is a good set of traditional Barbers in the Marina Village Shopping center, 2 exits north of EA on 101. Been going there since I moved. They all speak english and Listen to instructions. they are in the first block of shops past the Denny's

You want a G.I. Private's Uniform to go with the hair cut? :-)

Scott
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Go ahead and make the sides so short that you can see skin, shave off my sideburns and keep the top too long! I look fucking ridiculous!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I had sideburns when I was in highschool! I can't believe they are back in style! Your best bet is to get over it quickly and go about business as normal.

The only people who pay attention to your own haircuts are yourself! Really! Any razzing you get from guys will be forgotten in 2 minutes so ignore it. Girls won't hardly even notice.

Really, Daz, your whole post sounds kinda...girlish!

wink.gif just kidding, (well kinda)
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the tip Scott! I thought there was something up with our communication. I put it down to my usual accent related problems but I think it was a bit more than that!

Lol too funny you should say that! So I've been looking for ref. tonight to finish up this '44 German soldier I'm working on, and guess what I realise! This IS my frickin' hair!!!

MG42_Crew.jpg

tanks10.jpg

Duke, I dont mean huge great Sgt. Pepper sideburns. Little 'uns! But I AM a big girl when it comes to my hair!!!
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

Duke, I am a big girl when it comes to my hair!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I have'nt cut mine in over a year so I guess I better shutup wink.gif
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lol! I couldnt grow the sgt pepper ones in high school!
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    And this is why i bring refrences from lots of angles of what i want, and numbers of the tools and langths so if they fuck up i can just not pay. Some places have it if you are not happy with your haircut you get your money back. But they want proof that you didnt get what you asked for.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    can you post pics Daz?
    My missus got a crappy haircut at supercuts about a year ago, cutting it waay too short.
    seems they are just not very good
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Not a chance Ruz!!! smile.gif

They have supercuts in England now?!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, be happy you don't have a modern German Army haircut. I looked like a freaking egg and had to worry about some punk mistaking me for a skinhead (didn't help that our instructors told us about some of the local punks not being able to tell a soldier's uniform from a neonazi getup).
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Actually I have a similar story from a Supercuts. I went in right before we were seeing some family over the Holidays. The my wife made me go get a haircut type of trip. I said a little off the top and blend the sides. Well he then asked me if I was getting a new do for the new year. Honestly didn't raise any alarms. Well needless to say my hair is damn close to being a full on buzzcut. And I think it's never good when my wife asks "What the hell did you do?"

I just have to ask how that place got their name?
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    This is why for the past 10 years, I have stuck to cutting my own hair. =]
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    You get chain-store barbers nowadays? o_O
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    I went to GreatClips yesterday, 12 bucks, luckally I have the most generic cut ever so even though it is a different random baltic russian woman doing the haircut each time it always comes out looking the same. That is lame man, the too high sideburns is a bad scene.
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    DaZ, we need the pics!

Do what I do, buy a nice set of clippers and shave it yourself, one length all around (#3 for me). Easy to maintain!
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I go to this asian barber shop near my house. I can't understand a word they say, but they do a great job, very thorough. And at the end they give you a hot towel facial massage, and then a back massage for FREE! Best 14 bux I spend.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    man i'd pay for anothe haircut just to see those pics. (i dont have the nessesities to send money over the net tho so dont take that seriously heh)
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sheesh, that 10 Euro barber I go to does the job well enough, makes me wonder what kind of training those barbers in the US have... Car mechanic?
  • TechSmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TechSmith polycounter lvl 18
    Just shave it all off and say you're going for the Vin Diesel look.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Go ahead and make the sides so short that you can see skin, shave off my sideburns and keep the top too long! I look fucking ridiculous!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I had sideburns when I was in highschool! I can't believe they are back in style! Your best bet is to get over it quickly and go about business as normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

im all about the retro man... the chicks love the manly burns
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    man i'd pay for anothe haircut just to see those pics. (i dont have the nessesities to send money over the net tho so dont take that seriously heh)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll send Darren $20 via PayPal right now if we get some clear, full-color shots of his new 'do laugh.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Well gee Verm thats generous but oh dear I seem to have left my digicam at work smile.gif
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    shave it all off, never have to wory aobut it again, just once a week take 5 minutes to re-buzz it, and you are allll good
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Yup, i bought some clippers 4 yearsd ago for £10 from argos. and its probly saved me a few hundred in not having to goto the barbers ...
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Do what I do, I haven't had my hair cut in 12 years. There's lots of great chicks out there that love a guy with incredibly long hair. wink.gif
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn! I'm going on a little over a year and mines gotten so long it's starting to kinda bug me! I can't imagine how long the Hollow Mind hair could be!!
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    I just had my hair cut by a 48 year old vietnamese women. She asked me if I was single and told me I was very handsome, then started fondling my head. Maria laughed at me when I told her.

I feel so used frown.gif

I'm still in seatle today. man this city rocks, I miss it.

-R
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i had a similar experience... hair was down to my pits (bic'ed undersides, the Fishbone look), and i decided to get it cut and try something different, except the yak cutting my hair didnt do such a great job. Maybe i explained poorly, dunno.

i shaved my head the next day.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Do what I do, I haven't had my hair cut in 12 years. There's lots of great chicks out there that love a guy with incredibly long hair. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah and scientic research shows that there are many more women that dont ;-)

Cant find the link, but I saw it the other day.
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    argh daz that sounds horrible and i really know what u feel. i have got most of my haircuts at home. but couldnt get around to go to a hairstylist. well what they call themselfs.
    its horrible to sit in the chair. like a torture. shave it all off id say !!! :P and good look with that date ..
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i haven't had my hair cut in a year or so either. currently it's about chest/nipple length but curls enough to lose several inches.
    it's still dark-ish in the last two or thre inches from where i had it dyed black 2-3years ago. not that it's remotely black but it has some strange dark brown/reddish/goldish not quite natural highlights when the light hits it.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    The next time you explain what you want, leave the "for fucks sake" off the end, they might take it the wrong way!

You think Supercuts is bad, Walmart are starting to have barbershops now.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Just do what I do and let it grow. Hopefully this will make you feel better Daz:
    me_badhair1.jpg
    me_badhair2.jpg
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

You think Supercuts is bad, Walmart are starting to have barbershops now.

[/ QUOTE ]

specialization: the mullet
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Well the kind of women I like like my hair long. laugh.gif

Pfft. That's nothing Adam. Here's a recent pic of me.
    Picture%20022.jpg

Can't see most of my hair because it's tucked behind my shoulders but if I tilt my head back a bit in the shower I can feel my hair touch the top of my ass. laugh.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That pic looks somewhere between frightening and hilarious...
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    hollowmind , you look a bit like bill bailey.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I went to Supercuts once while visiting family in Miami.
    It sucked but you get what you pay for smile.gif
    But then...I've gone to cheap and expensive places here and they always cut waaaaay to much off. So now I let it grow until it gets out of my control and then I tell them to take of a tiny bit. They never do and then I'm good for another 3 months or so.

Hairdressers like to cut hair. The more the better. That's the bottom line.
    My golden rule is to tell them to take off at least an inch more than you want to lose and you end up somewhat with what you want.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    but if I tilt my head back a bit in the shower I can feel my hair touch the top of my ass. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ARRGGG tooo much information... ARRGGG laugh.gif