Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(HEAJ) My Quake 3 model

coldcrow
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
coldcrow polycounter lvl 18
Hi, this is my Quake 3 model.

I'm not a very good drawer so i'll be a pleasure to hear about your opignion( and your tips wink.giftongue.gif)

Coldcrow
2tijvlonetr4ie.jpg

Replies

• Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    100% self illumination, side, front and back view. And a wireframe.

Then it`ll be so much easier to comment on your model.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    ^what he said. and nice legs. the outfit could use more attention.
  • skullsplitter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skullsplitter polycounter lvl 18
    Eh, dudes, nice and all, but isn't this a BIT [HEAJ]-overkill?

as in: try to create some neat post that contains the very same images, allong with the backstory etc
  • melkior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melkior polycounter lvl 18
    This is an interesting model - I can see areas where slightly more advanced thinking was used.

For instance the green glowing ball at her waist - you used a splash area of glow on her waist armor to show its glowing. This is a nice idea and makes it appear more realistic in certain ways.

However at the same time youve missed out using some of the better abilities of the Quake 3 engine. You can use a full color image - when you shaded this model you have used often much too harsh shading such as where the clavicle is - dark green lines. This was too harsh of a shade. You can soften it by reducing the opactiy of the brush when you paint.

Also - I think you would have been better off by making a color "Scheme" so the pink boots and the black bracers? Why?

Instead make both black - with pink stripes. Or both pink, with black stripes. A color "combo" so to speak gives a more uniform look as if this was a military unit of the feminine type with a cohesive appearance.

best of luck
  • Noisybast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noisybast polycounter lvl 18
    What's the poly count?
    The model looks pretty angular - I'm sure Q3 can handle more detail than that...