Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Whole lotta Bird Droppings

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ThE_BirD polycounter lvl 18
Hey, sorry I dropped off the face of polycount for so long...I've just been in the zone lately makin' stuff...a little bit of everything actually so here's a big fat update...

Here are some low poly Totoro's I made for next months SFN theme, I unwrapped them not knowing whether or not I'd paint the fur on so they got unwrapped regularly. Since I went with the cel shading I'd probably give the detailed areas a lot more space if I did it again...
Totoros_Lowpoly.jpg

Here's the wires and flats for them...
Totoro_Wires.jpg

This is my anthropomorphic character for the East vs West USA Thunderdome challenge on conceptart.org. Poop set the challenge at 500 poly's and a 256 texture map with no bump or spec...
USATD_ThE_BirD_revised.jpg

a manbat sketch from sketchgroup which I did a half ass paint job on for last months SFN subject...
manbat_sketch.jpg

Jumped in to help out on Poops Italy project and did this guy
I can't take credit for his concept I just made him to match the sketch as close as possible...If you know who did it poop let me know so I can give the concept artist his due credit...
Snobby_testrender01.jpg

These are some quick weapon thumbs I've been tossing around for a personal project...One of many many pages...been really getting into making thumbnails with a sharpie and white prismacolor lately...
weapon_thumbs.jpg

Probably the coolest thing in the last while was putting together a Jam book with the other guys at SFN. We printed up 100 copies of our sketch book and took it out to the Wizardworld comicon in Dallas and sold 'em out... met a lot of great people out there and we'll definately be doing another one next year. You might recognize some of the sketches from the pimp a day thread I did a while back but here's a couple of the pages I had in there...
sfnpage51.jpg
sfnpage53.jpg
sfnpage57.jpg

anyways thanks for looking...now I gotta get to work on something for the sketch thread....

Replies