Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Downtown

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
This is a fun pointless project my roomate and I did. We dragged our 3rd roomie and 1 friend into for the "Next Episode" trailer.

Keep in mind this is supposed to be "bad/funny".

Follow these links to view the movie.
I apologize for the encoding...
Please view it with Quicktime or RealPlayer ONLY.
Downtown Movie

...if that doesnt work?
Adam Brome's hosting of Downtown

These are a few photos I took in between movie scenes. I posted these shortly before the old boards got hosed.

crime_alley.jpg
light_fixtures.jpg
mal.jpg
reflect.jpg
rj_portrait.jpg

Watch it! Laugh! Let me know what you think please!
Thanks!

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Dude that movie was fucking horrible and blew some seriously stupid chunks.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i have screened this film and I APPROVE! i still love those still shots, man. great stuff. wish i could see the movie in a little higher resolution, since sometimes it's kind of hard to tell whether it's you or the guy in the exact same coat running around, but it's all in good fun smile.gif the second episode looks a bit more coherent, looking forward to that laugh.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    You obviously don't know what you're talking about gauss. pfft.
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    I think the cuts could have been quicker, since the style that you are headed towards doesn't lend itself to fades too much. Loved the little windows popping up and split screens (don't know film terminology too well), definitly gave it a pop/70's pace.

The next episode looks alot more funny though.
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    i liked it... I think a bit more concentration on the story... and I think maybe the person doing the voiceover was trying a bit too hard to sound grissled... relax wink.gif.

I think some good inspiration could be taken from the mel gibson film "Payback" to get those whitty 2-liners that work well for this...

overall its was a fun excersize in cinematography and post-production effects... and it kept to theme.

Adambrome: I'm sorry if there weren't enough lightsabers for you.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    not sure whether i was the first to see or the one to encite Scoob to post this, but if i was, i gladly take responsibility for his sharing this lil vid with all you tongue.gif

i *really* enjoyed.. i kept thinking to myself "ok, it's gonna pick up pace any minute now.. it's gonna drop the act and go to action"... but it didnt.. and I liked that... Scoob didn't sell out.. the humor's there in droves, as is good camera work and editting.
    if there's more i cant wait to see it.
    end of line.